Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

25% for October. It's just bubbling up now towards April.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's hilarious. No one cares because line go up.

Some utter BS coin I bought is up 32% last night, for no reason apart from "BTC something something ETF".

• Advertisement

Exactly, that's how stupid and irrational the market is. It's great.

The only skill required is the ability to wait until it's in the toilet, buy, then sell it to impatient people during a frenzy later.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The lads at Tether are pumping it. Gamble if you want but don’t expect a pity party when it comes crashing back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

There is a reason, BlackRock have started seeding for their upcoming ETF, meaning they'll be buying an initial amount of BTC to have available upon launch. That's caused more anticipation of ETFs in general being approved soon

It also requires a pair of balls to hold on whilst idiots are saying it’s worthless and going to zero.

Again these cringe crypto-bro slogans and "diamond hands" crap. 99% of crypto is utter garbage, but people (like yourself) implore others to "hold" it so they can unload it later for a profit. That's the whole scheme. I held Doge since 2014. Why? Because I was gambling that someone would pay stupid amounts for it later. For exactly the same thing. Which is what happened.

That's how stupid and irrational this market is. A coin with no cap, made as a joke, that does nothing, worth billions. 99% herd psychology.

• Advertisement

I’m noticing that every time crypto pumps you seem to get more angry, is that causation or correlation dohn?

It's cathartic to be honest about crypto, instead of always trying to sell it to people. You should try it.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

The horrific irony of these posts...

How is this any different to gold or any other stock? Gold would be worthless if there wasn't any demand for it. In fact, it would be worse than worthless as it's heavy and expensive to store.

Yes gold is used in everything from computers to photography. On top of that it's been a rare precious metal for thousands of years.

Bitcoin gold on the other hand does nothing and produces nothing. Except exist as a artificially scarce digital token.

Land produces rent, stocks produce dividends (and a share of a company), bonds produce interest.

Bitcoin produces nothing, it just consumes (energy)

99% of crypto are just gambling tokens. I'm fine with that, but am calling a spade a spade here.

Which you have done, ad nauseam. I mean there is an entire forum why are you in here where people want to feel a bit upbeat?

I didn't even notice I presumed this was the "worried" thread.

In terms of purely making money, I wouldn't be keen on a run now, it would interfere in the crypto voodoo of the "expected" run in 2024/2025 (my own personal random prediction on that is that it will happen in that time period, but most big coins won't go over ATH, as in 2021 will have marked peak)

I'd be much more upbeat if this sideways thing went into the red far deeper to 2018 or 2019 levels, imagine Eth at sub 500 or BTC sub 10k, I'd be snapping it up.

I would be willing to put my house on you not having spent a cent on cryptocurrency in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can't see how anyone could watch the bank accounts of Canadian's getting shut down by their government for peacefully protesting, them not being able to get paid, pay their mortgages, or even buy food, the go fund me that was set up was closed. Even people who sent them money were targeted. And not think bitcoin is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

A post to prove how dumb I am. 2 years and a few months ago back during the bull I had 0.8 of a Bitcoin(I had bought it previously when it was cheaper) and swapped it for an alt coin as you would make more money or so I thought. And now the alt coin I swapped it for is doing sh*t. If I still had the Bitcoin it's worth over 26 grand and the alt coins are worth around €7000.

I do not want to tell but it's one that's worth cents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And exactly how would they get paid, pay their bank etc. if they had bitcoin without a bank account to convert it back to you know, actually be used in day to day life...

I think it’s fairly remarkable that people can read that a government can shut down peoples access to their own money, and at the same time be blindsided to the fact that a government has just shutdown people’s access to their own money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Terra classic? I dumped the half I had not staked when it depegged. The whole thing took three days to unfold. As soon as that depegged it was death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

As it seems Blackrock will be entering the market, I don't think your idea that we will never see a new ATH is plausible. They manage over 9 Trillion USD in assets and if they switch 0.5% of that (which I believe is their plan) to Crypto (Bitcoin I imagine) we are talking an extra 450 billion into the market. They are of course not alone so other funds would follow. With the dwindling circulating supply of Bitcoin an injection that large would put huge buying pressure on Bitcoin.

All depends on whether the Bitcoin ETF gets approved, which it seems to be on course to being done. I guess we'll see in the next 24 months but will be an interesting ride and happy that I invested during this bear as much as I could.

As others have said, 99% of crypto is utter crap and in the long term will burn people who buy it. I've learnt some hard lessons and now try to play it safe with mainly only the major value making coins (that would attract institutional investors) though I am heavily invested in a token which I believe will come good eventually and am mining a chain which is a long shot but in theory has promise (again aimed at institutional investors).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same, buying Doge in 2014? He did in his hole.

Just to stipulate a bit, my speculation is that we won't see ATH on a majority of coins in the next run. Pure guesswork of course. 2021 hype was fueled by DeFi, NFTs, the meme frenzy and so on. I just don't see any massive hype generators like that in the pipeline (AI, but it's a bit meh, and interoperability, also meh for the average joe)

Next run, if there is one, we may see individual ATHs broken of course, possibly even BTC.

Even BTC, I don't see high volumes of "institutional" investment happening, its something that can drop 40% in a day. An ETF doesn't change the underlying fundamentals, just puts a layer of lipstick on the pig.

At the end of the day it just boils down to hype, if enough hype can be generated, that can hit critical mass (2013, 2017, 2021) and emotion takes over, people pile in, existing investors fleece them. As long as the market is volatile enough there'll always be that attraction and interaction. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Pretty sure stocks and other assets can drop fairly quickly as well but more money within Bitcoin will decrease volatility. In theory.

On your other theory that most other alt coins won't reach a new ath, I certainly hope you're right. I would love just a tiny bit of maturity to come to crypto and people to realise that they can lose an awful lot in very short time with dodgy investments. Only the whales ever truly win on those **** coins.

Fair play to whoever was hoovering up Solana here a few weeks ago. I bought some at 23 off the back of their enthusiasm. 👍️

Not bad. I bought ROSE on dirks enthusiasm and he doesn't even mention it anymore. Seems to have moved onto LINK now. Note I didn't buy any LINK.

• Advertisement

Didn’t go for it myself as it seems the ftx sol was going to be offloaded, was thinking it would bring the price down even if there was talk of offloading in drips.

Advertisement