Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Ah, I see - nice one: thanks for that - and congrats again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePenultimateWarrior

Cheers, thanks for that. Wasn't sure if it would be better to just turn down the CO role, but I'll just go ahead and take it until the EO role comes through. Use it to brush up on my skills, same as you. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭skidmarkoner

You'd be surprised you may start on a team that also needs an EO and if they need you and your offered may put a case forward for retention. You'll could end being a EO on the same team as your CO post

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePenultimateWarrior

So, basically, I could end up being promoted to being my own boss in just a few weeks. Hell, at that rate, I could be running the entire country within a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

Does anyone know how long clearance takes? I sent all my documents last Thursday with a deadline of yesterday, but all I've heard is that they'll process them shortly (which means what??). I haven't had a link to the Garda vetting or anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

I got the link to garda vetting the next day but have not heard anything further. They did say they would leave my reference check with my current employer until after the Garda vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lavan

Did they also give you your start date? I was wondering how much notice you get snd are they flexible? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭smurfette2212

It seems that depending on who gets your email, it is done differently. I got my vetting email the day after submission, and before I had even filled it all in, my old manager had already been emailed for a reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

For those who have already started as a EO from this comp, after signing contract how soon before the start date they're given are people told exactly what unit in the Department they will be assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

No start date or department yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭halfpastneverr

My sister is after being offered a EO role in the Courts Service in the Criminal Courts beside the Phoenix Park there. Would anyone have an idea of what work she could be doing in there? I assume it would be quite a busy spot. No home working available either they said, but she's not too bothered about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

What kind of things did they ask your old manager for in the email? I already submitted a copy of a paper reference to them and a phone number but PAS emailed me today requesting an email contact for my old employer. So I’m just wondering what I should tell my manager to expect when they contact her. I worked for a big retail company previously and they don’t have email contacts for managers etc just customer service emails etc as I worked on the shop floor not in head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

Also will providing my old managers personal email address be enough as she wouldn’t have a company email

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭smurfette2212

I actually don’t know what they asked him - he just messaged to say he’s received it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Should be, fingers crossed it is! PAS are normally understanding - hope this helps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

To add to this PAS will try to help you - explain the situation and they are very understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kikiroo

Congrats! When they notified you did they provide start dates or contract details? I'm waiting for Garda clearance and was wondering what the steps were after I (hopefully) get it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭EduKate

There's no start date yet.

You'll get a message on publicjobs.ie saying which Department you have been placed in and that HR from the department will be in touch with more details.

From the DSP: "We wish to confirm that the Department of Social Protection has received your assignment papers from the Public Appointments Service.

We are currently awaiting to receive the reporting details. This process can take up to 2 weeks and we will be in contact with you once we receive all necessary information. Someone from our team will contact you via email, offer you a post with DSP and arrange a suitable starting date with you. The starting date is usually 3 to 4 weeks after you are first contacted by one of our team member."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

@EduKate - that's honestly very helpful - thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kikiroo

that's great thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 A2022

OOM reached as of today is still;

Open: 395

Inter: 140

• Registered Users Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Damn not moving at all - fingers crossed for the other EO comp

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

Hi all,

I got an email on Thursday the 26th of October to notify me that I'd been appointed to the Courts. The message on Publicjobs said that the HR department of the Courts Service would contact me shortly with details about the start date and location, but I've heard nothing since. Has anyone else had a similar wait time between receiving news of your appointment and actually hearing from your new department? I'm wondering if/when I should try making contact myself; I don't want to jump the gun (especially considering the Bank Holiday earlier this week), but I'm eager to start.

Thank you! Hope everyone on this thread is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭defiantdancer

@helpagirlout22 is that 80 vacancies in DCEDIY & may I ask where did u hear that? TIA😊

@skidmarkoner excuse my ignorance as new to the CS,what is the two year rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭skidmarkoner

You can't apply for internal competitions until after 2 years service. You can still apply on open panels

• Registered Users Posts: 19 helpagirlout22

I have a friend in the department who told me, they are looking for 80 is what he told me.

@skidmarkoner aah thank u! Duh😔I should have copped that !

@helpagirlout22 thank you! 80 is a better number than the 20 I heard originally but I wonder how many applicants they got🤔also,by any chance,does your friend know if the positions are distributed throughout DCEDIY or concentrated in the IPAS section? I hope all goes well with u for your application. TIA😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 goldenbloke1976

Nervous now hearing people are getting offered the CCJ. I wouldn’t be in a position to do 5 days in the office with 2 young kids. Was worried enough that it’d be raised to 3 days.

Advertisement