Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is now a check for update option in the game library section

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see it.

There the option for games on the main star bar but no sign in the library. Only thing I see is the new add to list stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think it's rolling out to people gradually. I could see the option myself

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For that PlayStation stars thing, there's a couple of handy challenges to get 50 points (50 cent worth) each. You get points when you buy digital games as well and you can trade points for games or psn credit so i have been tapping away at the handy ones until i can get 5 euro credit, every penny helps.

Anyway, 3 current challenges giving points, one you have to buy a game on the list, already owning it doesn't count apparently. The other 2 are download and play a plus essential game and download and play a multiplayer game. The multiplayer list includes back 4 blood which is a plus game so i just downloaded one of the new essential games and back for blood, started the apps and the challenges pop. Minimum effort of downloading a game and starting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Edit: was asking about Black Friday deals etc. but we decided to just go out and buy it! Took ages to set up but all done now and no hassles on Christmas morning. Console really is amazing. Going to be a long two months for my son 😁

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The option to check for updates on PS5 games in your Game Library is apparently active for all now. Sony has quietly rolled out the feature without a firmware update, but if you open your library and select the Options button, you should see the prompt to check for updates to games.

That said, a check for updates to all games button is still sadly not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Does it not automatically update any installed games? Pretty sure mine does...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It only does an overnight check for updates and not an update when a patch becomes available, and this requires a PS+ subscription for some reason.

The console will also check for updates upon start up.

The games in your home screen (across the main bar) are/were automatically updated but the games in your library weren't checked for updates unless you tried to play them.

It's still not great as you can't just check for updates to all but at least if there's a game that you know received a large update, you can choose to update it without having to open it and add it to your home screen.

Probably me just having a handful of games installed so. I really only have games I'm currently playing installed as I'd get too distracted otherwise and they all update automatically when I power on the PS5. I shut down instead of rest mode, save energy and all that.

• Advertisement

You're better off with that approach. Once a game falls off my Home screen it falls into a black hole!

Ditto, so Sony need to pull the finger out and bring back XMB folders!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Hi

our son wants a PS5 for Xmas.

I’m thinking a disk version would be easier too manage.

When we check the likes of smyths we are unsure which 1 is disk version 🫣.any help ?

also do we need too have internet or tv cable connected too the TV which will be used too play the games ??

we do have Wi-Fi in the house.

thanks

If you go to Smyths website, you'll see the difference where the disk edition has the visual line on the bottom right, that's the disk drive. The digital edition will mention it in it's name and won't have the line. If buying in the store, make sure you specifically ask for the disk version.

As for internet, Wifi works just on the PS5. You can use wired internet into the console also but you don't need it. You don't need any internet on the tv that will be connected to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you're worried about WiFi connection, ip over power works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You will definitely need a HDMI cable from the PlayStation to the TV (there's one in the box)

I buried four of 'em in the wall when putting the TV up nearly 3 years go, 2nd one now going into use... (it'd be 3rd one but the PS means no need to buy a Blu-ray player)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone got recommendations for expansion slot SSD's? I'd like to get a heatsink with it.

Having one or two bookmarked for Black Friday would be ideal so welcome to all suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty much any of them as long as the read speed is fast enough for the PS5. There are some great deals on compatible 1TB drives with heatsinks for under €100.

For anyone keeping up with PS Stars rewards program, there's a handy 150 points to be gotten if you download and just start the app for Ghostwire: Tokyo and Resident Evil 7 (PS4 version). These are both on PS Plus/Extra and starting both will knock out 3 campaigns for 50 points each. 1,250 points gets you 5 euro credit. #EveryPennyHelps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Than you Zero. #zerocoolisreallycool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

How do you convert them to cash ? I have 4060 points in my balance

On the PlayStation App, click your Stars icon and select Rewards.

There 3 buttons on top off the Stars section and one is Rewards and you can swap points for games (expensive) or psn credit. Between these campaigns to get points and points you get from making purchases on the store, they can add up for a nice bit of bonus credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Those 3 aren't showing up for me on the app. Have they been removed? Only need 80 more points for a fiver credit.

That's weird, i thought everyone had the same campaigns, especially monthly ones like the ps plus games and monthly picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm only on the ps essential tier. If you are on extra or premium, that could be why you have the extra campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Huh, I joined the thing months ago but never paid any attention to it. Just checked and claimed 40 quid in credit! Cheers ZC!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't see those campaigns either, just November Monthly Picks, VR2 showtime and Multiplayer mayhem...

Nice! Just enough for the Deluxe edition of Days Gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Advertisement