Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Finished work a half day as I'm on two weeks annual leave and I get home to see the missus walking around with a measuring tape. So much for a relaxing time off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Do deliveroo cyclists know what a bicycle light is ? Or reflective clothing ? I've seen several recently in the dark and they are not visible.

Having crap work todo and crap meetings to attend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

When you get a charger for a laptop, and the little velcro strap that's supposed to keep it tidy isn't long enough to around the whole thing - it just goes around the wires but not around the chunky block part. Is an extra inch or two of velcro too much to ask for on a laptop costing hundreds?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s more than trivially annoying to me . The idea of parent and baby parking is that, like disabled parking, not only are they closer to the shop but they’re wider to allow for opening doors etc . As a man who both brought my children shopping and am now disabled , i’d fcuk him out of it .😡

• Advertisement

When you get no likes at home, work, family, friends, the church ..., god, the government, ...

... so you looks for likes on boards.ie. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"IF things are that bad at home, why does she not move out?"

Lady, where have you been? you are stuck in traffic twice a day with the radio on and you never heard of the housing crisis?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When you go for a quiet pint at a quieter time of the day, with the sole intention of switching off from everything, and the ambience is ruined by two fellas with the loudest, gutteral laughs imaginable. It'd be tolerable if they only cackled occasionally, but it was literally after every sentence. They must be hilarious story tellers.

My ears are still ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An acquaintance who never txt me back tonight, when I realised why … I was doing two things .ie cooking when replying to a couple of their messages, not focused and only half reading… they tried to communicate something of a semi serious nature, which I replied with a laughing emoji, misinterpreting it that they were taking the piss… so I’m probably in the doghouse and they undoubtedly think I’ve joined the population of the people’s republic of weirdsville, which let’s face it, I’ve visited. 🤓

Just pray it’s not Ikea stuff. I actually worked for a while putting them together in America. They are really simple when you do a few . For novices and , yes , women they’re infuriating . If it’s a assemble at home kit, book yourself a weekend away in a hotel !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oi! I'll let you know I (and most women) can assemble even Kinder Egg surprises without looking at the instructions! But I guess you don't come across many of them in the States, do you? (the Kinder eggs, not the 'wimminz'!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is nursing homes with incompetent, negligent or careless staff, that cause harm to the patients through their incompetence, negligence or carelessness. "What can you do, these people have to work, too, you know." Would you apply the same principle if "these people" happened to be electricians, gas technicians, mechanics or even civil engineers carrying out work on your house or car?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have a fitness monitor watch like lots of people, and yesterday, after a busy day in work, I saw that was 250 steps from my daily target by the time I got home at 5pm. After chilling out, watching a few programmes (and dozing off to sleep a few times), I eventually woke up at 11.30pm, 16 steps from my target so I decided to go to bed.

My very trivial annoyance is that...next thing I know, it's 12.20am and I haven't moved, so missed my target for the first time in over 140 days, by 16 steps. As I said, very trivial and it means nothing but it is still annoying me...

When communication is free, simple and instant, and when someone says they can come see about a job "around 9" but don't turn up or even send a simple message saying they can't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Bus into work this morning.

Got about halfway up the stairs before I was hit with the worst smell imaginable. I thought to myself, FFS! I'll just have to open a window for a bit.

I took a seat but soon realised that the smell was not clearing. I can't describe how bad the smell was, it was somewhere along the lines of a combination of actual sh1t and spoilt milk.

It was completely unbearable, so I decided to grab a seat downstairs lucky enough there was a spare seat.

I thought to myself great, I can relax now. Unfortunately then my nostrils detected another ungodly smell, one of unwashed sweaty balls, it was then I noticed the unkempt man sitting to my right.

The man seemed to be having a conversation with someone who wasn't there, he just kept repeating over and over again:

"They wouldn't have any drugs there John..."

He continued this for the duration of my 45 minute commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A small trivial annoyance but I'm getting a pain pinch point in one of my elbows, like a burning sensation or like a burst blister, it seems where I'm wearing my hoodie or my puffa jacket, I'm also getting it from the bed sheets sometimes. I looked it up and the condition is called 'Allodynia' its a bizarre condition. ' A rare type of nerve pain that is triggered by something that wouldn't normally cause pain, such as your bedsheets, seam of a sock, or the warmth coming off freshly made toast' I mean WTF!!! life is complicated enough as it is.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Is there an option to add manual steps? I have the Pacer app on my phone but if I leave home without it, I’ll just add an estimated number when I get home. It can be done for previous days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Fairly sloppy practice alright especially if your card isn't in that currency. Nine individual Forex charges would be a right pisser

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shoe shops.

What's the point? For nearly as long as I can remember, even going back to my childhood in the 80s/90s, every trip to the store room results in "sorry, don't have those in your size"

Who are these shops serving?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

As I said , repetition makes it easier. Plus they're ( women ) all hopped up after eating the chocolate 😁😁😁

Thank you!!! I've been getting that for as long as I can remember on the outside of my left arm, about 5 fingers down from the crook of my elbow, every time I brush my hair on the left side and pull one or two hairs. It's like a hot needle with electricity running through it.

Could you change the time and date on your phone and 'retrace your steps'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People making generalisations about half the population 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Youtube videos made by people that don't have a clue!

I've a whetstone grinder that I'm trying to get the best out of. It's OK for but I'd hoped it would give me a better edge than I can get by hand. So I'm watching youtube videos so see if I'm missing anything.

Doh, most of the videos are made by people that don't have a clue and no way would doing what they say give you the results they achieve. The last four I looked at have setup instructions that are incorrect. Its even pointed out in the replies so its not just me that say they've got it wrong.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I can't add the steps manually and I won't bother with trying to change the time and date, so I'll just have to take the lesson of just doing what you mean to do and stop procrastinating (and falling asleep)! I could have just walked to the gate and back, and I would have reached my target.

Now my trivial annoyance is that I've to watch the programmes I recorded but didn't watch last night due to tiredness...so this evening is my televisual Friday, such is my social life. (Have I Got News For You is coming up next! 😄 )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dopes bringing a mountain of stuff to the self-service checkouts.

The ‘new’ Beatles song…. Someone really should have had the common sense to admit.. “ look, as Beatles singles go, their songs go and their legacy is…not only should this not be a single, it shouldn’t be on an album aside from an extra curio buried on a future compilation maybe….

its pretty turgid, dull, uninteresting and bland….. and a couple of fellas in their mid 80’s swaying and gurning, basically grandad dancing and attempting to look all hip, vibing and earnest and failing in a very thrown together amateur and ridiculous looking video…. Lads, come on….just leave it be….

the song itself is nowhere good enough…..a bullshît concept really…… watching the video and listening as a guy who is a Beatles fan…. “ ahhh fellas, come on “… 🙇🏻‍♂️. Cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They probably have an excuse these days, oh I have this "condition" that entails I agree to something and then don't bother my arse turning up or don't bother letting the other person know that I'm not bothered. And I'm entitled to use a disabled parking space too because of chronic couldntbearseditis.

• Advertisement

The fûck phones anyone at 2.45… on a Sunday afternoon looking for advice on purchasing a household appliance….and then when they get the advice proceed to drag the conversation down any old manhole of blather and random yap….. from the price of designer Christmas cards to who just died to xyz …… timing ! ! !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement