Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

For big purchases from points like that, do you just redeem points for MS vouchers and then use them to buy from the MS website? I'm not anywhere near console levels of points but I have 75k and was thinking of putting them towards a Starfield controller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya I think it was about 14 X €25 gift cards I purchased with points (one by one!). Then redeemed then all into my account so I paid for everything with my account balance .

For the AMEM or whatever it's called now.

Great headwreck if you think you're smart enough not to need a walkthrough... I got about 5 minutes in before I needed the walkthrough.

Avoid speedrun videos as the just try to complete it without achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

I played Oct 21 and only managed 15/23 achievements even using a walkthrough! The ratio's for the remaining achievements are all 4+ on TrueAchievements.com so I couldn't be bothered with them!

Using McPixel3 currently for the daily's - much more straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Coffee Talk 2 is another good choice for daily Game Pass achievements as it has 53 altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not really sure where this belongs, but cos we collect points, it might belong here!

Just something I observed, others probably know this already :)

You can pay for the Ubi+ subscription with your MS account balance.

This is the balance that gets updated whenever we redeem our points for xbox credit.

As per my checking below, it will look to take 4.03 from my account first and then pay the balance with my other payment method, PayPal!

Just meaning that you could redeem some xbox credit towards a month Ubi+ or cover the lot.

Thought someone might find that interesting :)

You can always skip a month or two also and build up your points to cover another month etc...

Nice handy daily achievement you can do on your mobile.

Open ACE Attorney, start first level and achievement pops.

Anybody notice the Lightning Quiz on the family's has a 500pt bonus pop up the odd time during the 3 rounds (via mobile bing app).

Went to play Arkham Quest via cloud on my console... wait time was a minimum of 15mins (since Tuesday). So I took a notion and fired it up on the cloud via mobile and plugged in a controller, started in 20 seconds with way better quality than glitchy stuttering via cloud console. Also it picked up that I had the DLC previously downloaded on my console!

TL:Dr mobile faster for quests

Next up.... 999 days 😖

Great job Nyum Nyum :)

After getting to the 180 and having a few other mishaps with streaks, I'm back up to 91 days!

Not sure that I'll ever make 365 though, let alone 999 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've taken to installing the games temporarily whilst I play something else that I actually want to play, then when have a couple of spare minutes go back to get the points and delete the installation. Saves having to look at the loading screen.

It's only been necessary since Starfield came out as far as I can tell, but they could really do with sorting out the capacity for cloud before Xmas rolls around.

State of decay quest.

Do hoard/survival mode to get waves of kills. Pretty much follow this guide, but what I did is repair all barriers except for 1 in the middle, it's quicker to kill them by letting them in, instead of trying to shoot through the gaps in the fence.

Bullets run out quick but equip hammer as secondary and you'll finish then off just as fast mashing X.

Anyone having trouble turning in daily stuff on edge browser? I can only get 60pt searches / 30pt news and 102pt pc search, none of my lightning quiz/quote of day etc are turning in.

Meanwhile I got my free Ultimate Game pass month again on Ambassadors , there's still time to start. I find I'm finishing all the points in half the time, even without doing any lfg's ! BTW the GPU can be used on any account with the code.... Which is why I'm risking opening a second account for rewards... gulp!

Celeste quest for 250 points

The game is just over 1GB to download and all you have to do is start the game and jump right down a hole to your death 50 times. Doesn't take long at all so worth doing it this week I think 👍🏼 No achievements unlock too.

"jump right down a hole to your death 50 times"

So just play the game as designed then.

Ah fúcking balls..... 😕 Mad busy yesterday and must have just forgotten it.

The 999 day dream is over 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Create a ticket and say you missed it, give any excuse, for daily ones they sometimes just reactivate it automatically as soon as you submit the ticket without any need for a response.

Ah balls anyway Nyum Nyum!

In fairness, asking people for nearly 2.75 years of a daily streak is definitely slightly mad to begin with :D

I owe you one....

Thinking back now, I'm pretty sure I DID do the points things early in the morning before work 🤔

Thank you Julez 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Oh I know, I'm worse for getting involved 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I did this just there, and have reverted back to my streak of 42. But better than 0.

• Advertisement

Well, all my efforts just got me this 🙂

Pretty :)

You've probably done Costume Quest 2 quest before. Handy daily achievement is to switch to clown (press right trigger) and honk the horn 1000 times. Easy to do if your spamming B and other have accumulated some already

Thanks Treppen, started to play Cocoon for daily's, following Welsh Hunter's video.

It's an intriguing puzzler, just past the first boss now :)

Must try that. I like the banter from Welsh Hunter.

I'm doing frog detective at the moment. Piece of cake as it's a kids game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That game looks savage, definitely on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone have any recommendations for games for the daily achievements, preferably with touch controls

I don't know about touch controls but I got a month out of Dordogne for the achievements. Kind of a point and click thing with a bit of odd mechanics involved (opening doors, making food etc)

Play Dordogne | Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Xbox.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out

Advertisement