Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I hate Aikens flat pricing structure, charging almost the same price for the best and worst seats in the venue.

153.80 for the worst seats in Cork and Dublin , 150 yards from the stage is ludicrous.

I will pick up tickets next May like I did for the RDS this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,194 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Croke Park do the same for hurling/football. 90e for an All Ireland ticket regardless of the seat.

You realise that the ball moves in GAA and there are 2 goals at either end ?

Plus its the biggest game of the year and its 90 euro not 153.

He loves the Irish does Brucie, so he charges them the most.

You can get cheap seats for Stockholm for 50 euro, Im sure their wages are pretty decent, cheap seats in Spain are 65, for the Uk are £75.

The cheapest seats here are more expensive than the most expensive seat in most of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I really cant see him charging those prices for bottom row in the Davin. Were seating tickets not starting at 96 quid?

Yes I have been to more than enough games to know that. I have also been to Croke Park enough times to know that all seats are not equal. I have no problem with the 90e (65e terrace is great value) but if some people paid 110e and some 70e that would be even better.

Top corner of the Davin for 145e is an absolute joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Just looking at what I paid for nosebleeds in the Davin last time in Croke Park- €71.55 including fees. Are they charging €146 + fees each for the same seats now? 100% + price increase 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

There is €96.25 price band for Croker.

more than likely for davin stand and nosebleeds

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Beagslife

Prices showing on TicketMaster for CP

🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

The presale for croke park residents and the advert in the papers says there is €96.25 tickets.

ticketmaster info is shockingly sometimes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nowlan park prices, same price for all seats (if you'd even call them that)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Got an FOS for Wembley on LiveNation presale. Possibly the last E Street gig in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

How does one go about getting tickets for two gigs tomorrow. Two laptops etc? Thanks

Such a pity the layout of Nowlan Park for concerts. The most recent fancy stand (behind the goals) with the new seats closed due to the position of the stage

Even though the price is disgraceful for a seat in those stands, I'd prefer it to standing

If only Bruce was more like one of his peers Garth Brooks and have a set price for all tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Enter the queue for each gig in two different tabs on whatever device you’re using

Bruces queue nazis are pretty mild compared to Taylors crowd in Argentina

5 months

“We’ve been in this tent for five months,” says a 21-year-old Swiftie waiting outside Buenos Aires’ River Plate Stadium. The rumble of a mixing truck can be heard through the tent’s thin fabric, while a large group of ants hopes for a snack to fall to the ground on a nearby sidewalk. The fan prefers to remain anonymous, because her father doesn’t know she’s been spending many afternoons—in between working a part-time job and taking college classes—in a small, makeshift encampment alongside her fellow Taylor Swift loyalists since June.

Ahead of Swift’s three Buenos Aires shows, which kick off November 9, as part of the Latin American stretch of her Eras Tour, hundreds of fans have been occupying four tents outside the stadium, taking turns in carefully planned rotations.

An internal spreadsheet, created by two organizers and updated by assigned administrators, keeps track of around 60 folks per tent. Most of them are young women, but no one under 18 is allowed. Based on a ranking system gathering everybody’s total time, the longer you’ve been in a tent, the higher the chances of being one of the first in line. A fan named Carmen tells me she’s spent more than 300 total hours, or 12-and-a-half days, in the tents.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wonder will there be a situation with people end up buying tickets for the wrong venue. Sales happening all the same time etc

Ah, a load of hours wasted in the economy tomorrow, people in a "queue". A lottery would be more efficient and save people having to queue. You pick your preference highest to lowest, before the ticket sale date, and if you win you can pay within a certain amount of time.or forfeit your place(s). This continues until all / most tickets have been sold. After a certain time the remaining tickets go on general availability. The algorithm is made public and is deterministic. Also you need to be a real verified person, with a real credit card and have no history of scamming ticket sales, to enter the lottery. Also, there should be a limit on the number of times you can purchase tickets for a given tour. People seeing an act multiple times makes no sense when others can't get to see them once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

This arrived last week. Anyone else get it? Great series, this is the 20th one.

• Advertisement

A system like that is used for international tickets in some supporters clubs

Yep, the current system tried to mimic the old way of buying tickets which makes no sense. The computer system should be doing the work, transparently here, not the humans.

Also, if I have enough devices and sufficient broadband connection(s), and I am not "working" during the sales period I can starve other people's access to this queue.

It sucks.

Needs to change

It drums up this FOMO which drives prices up, which is not benefitting the ticket buying public.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ive been wanting to see bruce for a few years and something has always gotten in the way.

I was all ready to get tickets tomo for an irish show and then i see the prices.

He can go and get fcked if im paying over 150 a ticket to see him.

Thats a pisstake and i hope people realise they need to vote with their feet.

Just wait till next summer, there will be loads of tickets going under face value.

There is really no incentive to buy tomorrow, the best seats will be held back and released next year and if you want a standing ticket they will be easy to come by next year.

Demand is way down for the second round of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Even if it sells out tomorrow in record time there'll be tons of tickets available next week year before the gigs. The lack of accommodation will make that a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Considering what several musicians performing for 3 hours or so for a €150 isn't that bad

There will be plenty of demand, there hasnt been a good gig in Cork or kilkenny for a long long time.

The line up in the marquee last year was shite, musgrave park isnt much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

For Belfast, do we expect a pit like the other 3 dates? And if there is a pit do we expect that kids will be allowed in? Looking to bring my 8 year old who is a fan

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the venue/field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Considering the likes of The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Red Hit Chili Peppers etc. have all played recently charging €80+ for 1.5 hours, its cheaper than most big artists for the time played. The 3 nights sold out this year and probably the last E Street Band tour means there was no chance prices were dropping

Advertisement