Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,883 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭amandstu

That is true .What about the substance though of the post you quoted?

Is it correct if "The Arabs" is replaced by "The Arab Nations"?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What Hamas did on October 7th must be deeply frustrating to those who have supported the plight of the Palestinians.

It was stupid, it was wrong, it was barbaric.

For those calling for a ceasefire the reality is there was a ceasefire on October 6th. Hamas chose to end that ceasefire in the most depraived way imaginable.

In doing so they have not only destroyed themselves - they did serious harm to decades of built up sympathy with public opinion for the cause of innocent Palestinians, including myself.

What's happened since is another story but I personally find I'm still furious at the sheer brutal stupidity of what they did.

They gave Israel a blank cheque.

total hearsay. Jeep or ambulance drivers too by any chance? I thought standards of evidence were urged earlier, esp on death reports and such.

• Advertisement

But the story seems the same and comes from 2009...

Interrogations don’t confirm anything under torture

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Amalek's early work was inspirational, original beats but after their initial success they seemed to be more about being seen to be original rather than being original.

Unless you are mentioning the tribe from the Bible and Judaic tradition that may have existed 3000 years ago.

If that's the case there is no helping you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Advertisement

They don’t own Gaza or anything. Palestinians are their own thing. Lumping them all together as one big axis of evil isn’t just a sliver bigoted but it also by the same virtue, misses any chance of understanding what’s actually going on here. Fierce effort to minimize everything and simplify it down to us vs them. But Saudi Arabia isn’t Egypt and Egypt isn’t Jordan. Etc. And the whole effort just is wasted after that as if they’re all each others keeper.

But he definitely said it ,and at the same time it was confirmed that Hamas do use ambulances to move men and carry out attack from the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

actually the evidence shows that public sympathy with the plight of the palestinians has grown substantially dispite the hamas attack.

because most people can separate hamas from palestinian and because israel are showing people what it is capable of and the type of religious fundamentalists that govern it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Indeed .So probably doing it again.Of course Abbas may not have been telling the truth....

Edit.I missed you saying it was confirmed at the time (no real surprise)

Well it was Bibi saying it so you tell me. Was he just ‘explaining’ how he was conducting genocide? Or?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

Are the UN likely to revisit it now? Ya, that's right, that's not happening, so why are you bothering to ask me that at all? You seem to be trying to show me up by demonstrating that I have no good solutions to the whole sad affair. I'll save you the effort, I don't, shur who bloody does at this stage? And I'm not trying to suggest there is any good solution. It's too late, it was a disaster form the very beginning. Have a look at what happened when the UN voted on the partition. The Zionists put the US under immense pressure and they in turn put other countries under pressure to vote For. Here's what President Truman said afterwards: "The facts were that not only were there pressure movements around the United Nations unlike anything that had been seen there before, but that the White House, too, was subjected to a constant barrage. I do not think I ever had as much pressure and propaganda aimed at the White House as I had in this instance. The persistence of a few of the extreme Zionist leaders—actuated by political motives and engaging in political threats—disturbed and annoyed me." Have a look at what many other countries that voted For also said after about the vote. So yes, it was a terrible thing to create that partition in the very beginning, bit no, they won't change it at this stage.

I don't think the Palestinians are going to drive them out and I never suggested they will. I think they will die and leave. That's about it. I think the Zionists will complete their project that they started in 1890's and they take the lot. And I think that's wrong, and I can't stand listening to idiots who support that and think that showing solidarity with the people who have been wronged is the same as supporting terrorists.

When I say I don't care where they go, I was responding to your question about where I thought Jews should go, and my point is, I couldn't give a sh*** where anyone of any religous belief goes or where they choose to reside. I don't care about anyone's religion. I don't think it should matter a damn what nonsense anyone believes in and it shouldn't give them any right to claim something that isn't theirs in the name of whatever deity they waste their time worshipping.

When it comes to this conflict my thoughts are that Israel should never have been created and the US should have kept their nose out of the middle east. Whoever lives there, Jews, Arabs, Muslims, Atheists, Elfs, Pixies, leave them at it to figure it out themselves.

Anyone who understands one war crime isn’t a golden ticket to other, multiplicative war crimes.

Anyone who understands there’s no golden ticket to cash in for mass murder of children and babies. Even in response to murdered babies.

There's a good few videos taken over the years showing hamas fighters using ambulances as cover to launch attacks and then be used as the getaway,I seem to remember an American special forces unit in Afghanistan getting into trouble for using a red cresant ambulance vehicle on the way to take out a HVT

Wonder how true that is.The Arab nations were very quick to jump on Israel in 1948 and seem to provide the Palestinians with military resources.

The states are all different but if they all act in the same way the differences may not have too much bearing .

It is naive to not point out that Israel is a small geographic area in a very large "Arabic" sea (even if their greatest foe Iran is not "Arab")

From this distance my perception is that there would be a bias against Israel amongst all the Arab populations (I could be wrong but in any case they seem to have their fair share of anti semitism as shown by their many expulsions of Jewish populations down the years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

Bomb an ambulance with a Hamas fighter and innocent civilians: Oh well, at least we got a terrorist too, so blame Hamas for the civilian deaths. Bomb an ambulance with only innocent civilians: Hamas could have been hitching a lift, so blame them for that one too. One things for certain, there won't be any apology from the IDF anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Statistically they could just randomly drop bombs and for each ~50 civilians killed they should take out 1 Hamas fighter. Seeing as how the IDF don't give figures for how many Hamas they have killed (despite their now amazing intel), it does make you wonder just how precise these targets are.

It also highlights just how daunting the task of clearing out Hamas in a ground assault is. Half the population being adults and half of that being male.... 1 in every 12 adult males would be a Hamas fighter... and yet women and children make up the most of the civilian casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The police and army seem to be having a go at secular Jews in Israel for some reason. I put up a video but is seems to be off limits or something.

They were apparently flying Palestinian flags going by reports , it was posted a few days ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

That makes them Pro-Hamas and Anti-Israel, based on the opinion of some people on here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

AgaiN, that's not saying what you claim it's saying

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

What is going on the last month is utterly terrible .... all sides .... it is perfectly okay to be against both sides in this and to support the decent people of both Palestine and Israel who never wanted this .... sad situation is that too many outsiders with vested interests are involved in this ... and using this for their own ends ... and none of the rulers of Israel and Palestine are doing anything positive ...

Hamas rule over an impoverished backwater and the more hardline faction has always gained power ... it is backed up by all the Arab states and the Russian province of Iran ... Russia tells its province to egg on Hamas ... Putin then gets off the news regarding Ukraine ....

Meanwhile Israel is basically supported to the hilt by the US ... if Milosevic or Saddam did what Netanyahu does there would be war declared on him ... Netanyahu presides over a far right government equal to that of the Paydari or Kadyrov regimes in Russia's most backward provinces ... Netanyahu has got into bed with some of the worst parties in Israel who want war ... and Netanyahu wants power ... Netanyahu benefits from this war by diverting attention away from his corruption ...

The Americans? Democrats vying with Republicans wrt who is the biggest champion of Netanyahu ... basically Netanyahu good Hamas bad ... this war could drag in Hezbollah (Lebanon) and America .... it could lead to renewed terrorism and the formation of ISIS style groups .... it puts targets on all countries who support Netanyahu ... Hamas who are anything but the sort come out as the 'good guys' and come out with a cause ... Ukraine is ignored .... other issues sidelined ....

The last thing the world needs is another war esp in the Middle East .... we know what happened with Syria and with Iraq ... Afghanistan started with kicking the Taliban out and ended with the Taliban kicking everyone else out !! ... Trump's needless war against Iran turned that country into an oppressive province of Russia that Russia uses for its dirty work .... this whole region is ready to blow and the funny thing is Saudi Arabia is now looking as one of the more normal countries in the area !!!

It is time to dial down the rhetoric, look at things objectively and stop fuelling the fire .... we have had enough war, far right and nutcase corrupt leaders on all sides in this .... it is also time to give moderate peace lovers a chance and call time on hardline far right warmongers who plan these wars from the comfort of Western cities like Washington or Russian cities like Tehran ...

Did you see any flags in the video I posted.?

Zionist seem to hate secular Jews as much as the hate others.

• Advertisement

Israel will be scattered to the wind if the US "keeps its nose out" as you suggest.

The Jews will resume their journey around the world being expelled from one community after another.

But some are religious and deluded.Certainly unpopular.So I guess they will have deserved it.

Not in our interest to act in their best interest.

To quote a well known phrase ,let's wash our hands of it all and see how the cards fall?(I am no Christian in case you think I am quoting scripture)

Advertisement