Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

@KCross 100%

that menu doesn’t exist, I tried a reboot from the charging screen and it appears for 2-3 seconds and goes, a good result.

Now I have something to work with, car is due back in a week or two 👍🏻 Just relieved the range has come back, on our Cork run that’s the difference between needing to charge or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Have you downloaded your home as a location? You need a location for that menu to appear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Guys my pcp is up in June. Is there a facelifted Id.3 in plan does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Facelifted one came out this year. Nicer inside but not big changes overall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Advertisement

There is a face lifted version out, with a few changes, and matrix as an expensive option. I believe more changes are planned for later 2024 but only a continuation of the ‘refresh’.

If you’re set on an id3 I’d look at the born or whoever has a low finance rate.

Could be worth seeing what Cupra can offer, I had a born for 3,000km there and it grew on me, good solid car with more premium interior than id3. The pcp deals do make buying new a more attractive option.

Is that downloaded through the charging screen menu or maps ?

the charging menu below says locations unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Have you made sure you have allowed everything in the Data sharing/privacy screens,check car and my vw account (on a pc),and in the app also.

Ps facelifted car,interior is leagues nicer

Extra plush adds a degree of extra refinement,overall car is a significant bit more efficient 15.2 after 8k Kms,versus 17 on the old one at 39k

Suspension has definitely been dialed back a touch on the firmness

3.5 just works.

Not even a compressor now for punctures

Cheap b@#tards deleted the id light,it's part of whatever package has the matrix lights at stoopid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The ratings on Tyre Reviews are a good indication of general performance in a tyre. The EcoContact 6 is probably the worst wet and dry grip tyre I've driven on and it doesn't help they're on a very heavy car.

I like to have a bit of fun on occasion when driving and they struggle with grip when pushing it in the corners. They also don't do well under heavy braking. Go with the e.Primacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Thanks for that. Actually I am getting the Michelin. Dealer and I got our wires crossed somewhat.

Last May was offered the choice and selected the Michelin - going by reviews. Then a few days ago I contacted garage again and asked where my tyres ?.

They replied they could fit next week and again offered same choice. This tme went for the Goodyear, but they replied that I must accept Michelin as they were the ones they had ordered as per my request.

So, quite happy. Now must get the battery recall sorted. Dealer says they do not yet have the necessary equipment. ??

@VWPAT & @adunis

Tried the above, still no joy- but I’ve identified the location of the glitch 👌

Cant fault 3.2 apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe I drive like an aul granny but I've never had anything like what you described, when I press the accelerator the car goes, turn the steering wheel the car turns and press the brakes the car stops.

L

I personally think those contis are the mutts nuts,DaveyDave will be pleased with me again........

I haven't had any other standard tyre struggle with grip like these. They're clearly marked poorly in wet grip on Tyre Reviews so nobody needs to take my word for it :)

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Tip for fogging windows. Clean with shaving foam. WORKS 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Just keep the heating on. I'm a firm believer of squeaky clean glass, nothing at all on it, hasn't let me down over the years, everything else has always turned out to be a short term fix, the mist and slime always returns 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just reading through the tyre comments here and hoping I could get some advice.

For context I bought my ID3 in July 2021 and it came with Goodyear 215 55R/18 tyres. At the 2 year service with >40k km on the clock my threads were at 5 on the front and 4 on the back. Couldn’t afford to do all 4 so got the same tyre again for the back at 180€ each. 

I need to replace the front tyres now and I’m debating whether I want to spend that much wedge again for two front tyres on a RWD car. Also, PCP is up next year so will probably upgrade. Am I just penny pinching, or are there better value options? Preferably ones that won’t have me slipping and sliding in the rain. 

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Seems excessive to be replacing a tyre with 4 mm depth left.

I put 4 X Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance on mine recently for less than €500 by ordering from tyreleader.ie and using one of the installers listed on website. Depending on where you are located that could be an option. They obviously have lots of tyre options. I had the Bridgestones on mine but went went the Goodyears

• Advertisement

Replace tyres when you start to feel them slipping/losing grip, from experience that has been anywhere between 2-3mm.

Ignoring the cost, replacing at 4-5mm is just wasteful.

All the way to the wear blocks,unless it happens to be the depth of winter then somewhere around 2mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Thanks for all the advice. I picked up a pair of the Goodyears from tyreleader.ie that were listed as demo models for 90€ each. I’ll store them until the tyres have worn down a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Be careful with Tyreleader, sometimes certain batches of their tyres can be quite old stock. Manufacture date will be on the outside face. You don’t want to be storing Tyres that are already 2 years old to use later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭denismc

I just picked up a 2nd hand ID3 and it looks like the software version is 2.3, is there a recall to get the software updated or is it a case of contacting VW?

Also is there a charge for this or is it covered by VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

2.3 is the current version, unless I've missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Missed call from dealership yesterday. Car serviced (1st edition) and free tyre upgrade in August... I wonder if they were calling about a new software issue, or maybe asking me about my PCP plans going into next year.. thinking ID.4, as family has grown.

Anyone else have a recent call from a main dealership? What was it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you're around two years in then they'll be trying to get you into a new 241 without a doubt.

If you give your local dealer your reg they should be able to tell you. 2.3 also required a visit and a new 12v battery (maybe it was 2.2 or 2.4 I’ve lost count, ether way check it got the new 12v).

You should contact them.

3.2 is the latest one and your car will need to go back to get this done. There is also a battery module recall check to be done at the same time. You will get timed charging (allegedly- I’m still waiting) , dual zone air con if you didn’t have it, smart air con and more info on the binnacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I agree with handpref. 3.2 is the latest for the 1st Edition cars.

You will need a dealer visit to get it done and its free. Depending on your dealer you could be waiting a while to get it done though as it takes a few days at the dealer to complete it, so I'd book it in asap. Several important improvements made, so its worth doing.

Advertisement