Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod @JeffreyEpspeen

Post deleted.

Not in the spirit of the thread.

Give it a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Car passed it's nct first time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Prussian Blue:

Such a gorgeous colour.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Listening to the lashing rain and deferring going to bed because work is in the morning and it's **** and I'm beyond caring, at least for the moment. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That Lingo is back on telly instead of Tenable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Andre Onanas’s 97th minute penalty save. 👋

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you are at loggerheads with someone, especially someone higher up in the pecking order, over something idiotic they want you to do (and that would certainly have a negative outcome) just because they said so, yet they haven't spent more than 5 mins in the last 4.5 years looking at it, and you stand your ground, and you're proven right. In your face, you gobshite, I told you so.

The process of decluttering and how cathartic it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I love watching compilation videos of man-children flying into violent rages as they play computer games. Grown men steaming themselves playing games, then smashing tvs, monitors, chairs, controllers. They tend to look like you’d imagine them to look like as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

@NewbridgeIR posts deleted , not in the spirit of thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

In a coffee shop yesterday in a shopping centre. A small kid coming into the centre proceeded to do about five or six perfect somersaults just inside the entrance 😁. There's loads of floor space and I guess they couldn't resist the temptation. It was so cute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Saw a lad from secondary school in Donegal on the tube at Baker Street yesterday. Very, very random though he's in construction which is a bit of a cliche.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aldi have advent calendars in at the moment that have a little storybook each day instead of chocolate. I love that so much.

Also, I saw the happiest dog EVER in town yesterday. He genuinely put me in good humour.

That I had an ice cold Coke Zero left in the fridge when I got it… needed.😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

This is very nerdy but I love it. I was hearing this strange brief chiming or ringing sound. Only lasted half a second but it was happening fairly regularly throughout the evening. I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I realised that it always coincided with the little beep my TV makes every time I change the channel. It turns out that I had accidentally left a metal mixing bowl on a wire rack at the exact position that would cause the sound waves from the TV's beep to resonate the bowl against the rack. I could even stop it from happening by standing between the TV and the bowl and blocking the sound waves from hitting it. It's impossible for me to recreate it so the position of the bowl on the rack must have been down to just a few millimeters needed for it to happen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

A good ham and cheese sandwich 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭4Ad

Watching a lovely butterfly in my back garden...he doesn't know it's nearly November !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I have a strong memory as a kid of my friends mam running around the house trying to get a butterfly out and she was distraught cause she said 'they only live for one day' and we were all panicking trying to gently urge it out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Scored a pack of luxury hot cross buns for 28 cent in the ebola fridge in tescos, woohoo

• Advertisement

A nice workout that I thought I was too tired for…

followed by ordering me and the folks from our favourite Asian food place…. Not cheap but incredibly delicious and an absolute mountain of food….. food coma time, I’m so chilled, relaxed and ready for…… nothing….

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Goodigal

Both of my sons had friend meet ups today. Doesn't happen v often when you've kids on the spectrum. All good on a rainy bank holiday 😊

Post edited by Goodigal on

I found a website where a couple have photoshopped their cat onto various famous artworks.

It's called Fat Cat Art. This seems like a weird thing for a man in his thirties to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got the ring in the brack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted I am the only one who will eat it, but roll on the "wedding bells"🤣🤣

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A few posters here are buying hats this weekend! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

Part of my weekday commute involves a ten minute ride on one of those TFI Bikes rental bikes between my office and the nearest bus stop. Today was my first day back in the office after a pretty nasty cold, and on the bike ride back, I managed to grab a bike that was perfectly set up for me. Saddle height, lights, transmission, everything was like it was made for me. It's the little things 🙂

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Driving on a freshly surfaced road. Its like the motoring version of playing with a fluffy puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭French Toast

The brother gave up GAA and got involved in MMA in the past year or so. I went along to his first proper competition today.

Such an inclusive, positive and encouraging sub-culture. I watched about 3 hours of fighting and in that time there wasn’t a single angry word between competitors or towards the referees.

Really cool experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finally ridding myself of Sky by getting a Free to air box after many years of threatening to

Just need some recommendations for a good TV listings site for UK Freesat and Irish Tv if anyone has any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

today in ballyroan i waited at the bus stop for the dublin bus to take me to rathfarnham village.

since a lot of people for a sunday were congregating at the bus stop, i decided to walk instead: I reached rathfarnham village on foot well before the bus had come there even having come and gone to the shop.

second trivial thing: saw quarter bottles of white wine on sale for € 2.50. ended up buying two of them.

Advertisement