Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland …. It just doesn’t feel like home!! 🙁

• 05-11-2023 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Facthunt

I lived in Dublin North side about 20 years ago and loved areas like Drumcondra, Dorset Street, Phibsbourough etc ….. had great memories! However I was back recently during the summer and the same love just wasn’t there for the place! It felt it is neglected, dirty and even felt these areas have become a slum to a certain degree! I know this post could ruffle feathers …. But I’m curious what others feel and are all our towns and cities becoming like this.

To me it felt like areas of England which are dirty, scary to be in and people walk past you looking at the ground! Also a lot of the old pubs I used go to have been boarded up and there seems to be a low of low quality shops in the centre!!

Comments

Advertisement