Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Will any of us be cops by next Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 williamhicks999

Each course has a colour and a number for that course. The size of the course will depend on the budget. In theory you could have a couple hundred (all course numbers combined) in at any one time. If the budget was there I can’t see any reason why they couldn’t have courses of 50 starting every other month. It would be a lot of money though.

each course is broken down into classes which is normally just alphabetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

Anyone got any update

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WarzoneGuy1997

Did anyone here apply for the fire service?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Yes. Just got email there saying I’ve progressed to stage 2.

• Advertisement

Yes got the email too, got that faster than the psni one lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Heads up for anyone that’s went through the PSNI stages to check emails. Medicals have expired so no change in circumstances form to be completed within a week. Almost missed it!

So they take that long to update then expect something done within a week, standard, another way for them to make the pool smaller

I’ve decided to apply to the Metropolitan Police as a police officer. I’m sure I would get through that process quicker than being offered a place here in NI…

Fair play to you! Do you have family or anything over there you’ll be staying with? Good luck with it all! I always debated Scotland for police be based in Ayr get the boat back and forth to see family etc

• Advertisement

I’ve many different groups of friends over there and always liked the idea of going over someday and work as something but never ever really thought of the police which is funny. But London is the type of place you meet new people and network. I’m sure it would be different, but fun. I’m tired of waiting for it here. Like really tired haha.

Are you withdrawing your application for PSNI?

Also I think it’s a great idea, and even if you decided to come back to NI and join PSNI you can always transfer. They try and accommodate for police who transfer from the likes of the MET as best as possible. For example, if you have completed your probation over there you wont have to do it in PSNI and as far as I'm aware they try match your salary as best as possible in line with their pay scale etc.

not yet - I think my assessment etc can be transferred over so I won’t have to do that again as that’s a national thing. I don’t think I have to withdraw unless I’m made an offer from the MET. Though yeah a few people have said they went to an English force, then came back here and got the same salary. Seems wise

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

I think for police Scotland you have to be currently living in Scotland as it asked where I was currently residing and did not give an option even for England. A police application seems like the last thing I could tell a fib on

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

They don't try; you will go through garnerville on the payscale that you left the GB force on plus NITA.

So if you were on pay point 4 you will start GV on paypoint 4. (Aslong as no break in service. I.e use you remaining annual leave/unpaid special leave with GB force so your resignation date is the same day you start GV

Same pension scheme so it carries as well.

If you've completed your probation then PSNI honour it but you will still have to serve your commitment period in district.

If you're towards the bottom of the PSNI merit list may as well go to GB and let it tick along

• Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

I had thought that too but if you email them they tell you the option to pick, I can’t remember exactly what it was last year and I ended up stopping because I got staff role.

When do people genuinely think all of this will unfreeze?

Is it solely down to budget restraints? Or, are there a multitude of factors involved?

I’m actually like 155-165 in Merit List…. But this is not moving along anytime soon. I’m bored waiting now at this stage….

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Public services are a mess right now and with the PSNI Data breach and the costs involved with that, it's bound to have pushed things back further. I dread to think what we will be walking into if they ever move the recruitment process forward. They are bound to be heading towards breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

With that M.L position, to be honest, I would just sit tight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Think new chief constable being selected today, wonder will whoever it is want assurances for a budget for recruitment

I agree with blue and two. By time you apply get through process and start you will likely have an offer for PSNI. With renting and shifting jobs etc I wouldn’t see it as worth the hassle unless I thought I might take Met over Peelers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Think Bobby wd be good as he know more abt Psni but Boutcher has more policing and life experience.

Join PSNI updated today,

Original 150 is now down to 115

2020 campaign is down to last 37 people to be appointed to GV

Hello

Apparently London met handed back £60m they couldn’t spend and Boucher said he wants all of it for psni and recruitment is one of his main priorities

source?

Has anyone else going through the managed stages had their vetting cleared or heard of anyone who has?

• Advertisement

@Zoo234 said they passed vetting a while back too.

Advertisement