Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

With the ukranian family account there's no issues with adding family members, they don't have to be in the same country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Surely you would still get the country error with or without an active sub, Im not sure though as Ive not tried it. Can you change the country on your own account or do you need it for Google pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Google Account I have the sub on is one I created specifically for an android box I have at home to watch Youtube on.

I created a Turkish Google account for it, I didnt need to do that it seems now, an Irish one would have worked fine, just use a VPN to pay for Premium.

I didnt add my own personal account as I had ublock origin on my pc and laptop.

I think I will just cancel the existing sub and create a new family on my main personal account then resub, hopefully that should work or are there issues now with creating a new Turkish sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

I found it completely random when trying to set up a Turkish/Ukranian account.

It finally worked on my third google account but I'm not able to add any family members to it as I get the country error.

The main error that I was getting when setting up the account was 'your payment is not in the same country as your account '

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just use an irish Google account with a vpn on sign up. No need for setting up foreign accounts at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

My Turkish sub ran out yesterday and tried all the tricks posted here with no joy to renew it. So I Signed up to the Ukrainian one costing €2.58 a month, it won't give a yearly option. Does anyone know if it auto renews or do you go through the same process every month to keep it going?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Auto renews for anyway with Ukraine. Down with those pesky Russians, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ECookie13

I must be lucky - I am still having no issues with the Turkish sub, with Revolut Mastercard, and works out at basically exactly 1 Euro a month.

I could never get India to work though. Seems very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just got an email saying Argentina based family account is going up to ARS 1569, from ARS 699. About €4.20, still relatively cheap compared to full price. Was only ARS 179 in July 22 when I started in Argentina, some change in that space of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

225% hike. Some jump alright. Effective from December billing. Still worth it for premium. Won’t be bothering with a switch…..unless others prove it’s straight forward and bullet proof. Not worth the risk of losing it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭POBox19

The individual sub has increased to ARS869/mo about €2.40. By this time next year that will be down to around €1.07 which I paid last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I got a similar e-mail about my Turkish sub, going up to TRY 57.99/month.

That's about €1.93.

It was TRY 16.99 when I signed up early in 2022 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My family going up to 115 TRL, that's 3.85

The Lira is falling like a stone though, so that will become a better value over time I would imagine. But I see Google doing a yearly raise for these locations, like Turkey, Argentina etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Turkey Family is after going from 60TRY/€2 to 116TRY/€3.85.

I remember having the student plan and it was 10TRY or about 30c!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Argentina email. Going up to 869 peso/€2.34.

Wont break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,044 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got the same email, it's hardly a deal breaker in fairness, not very nice on the poor sod actually living in Argentina though 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

Looks like the Argentina Youtube Premium family plan is going up to ARS 1569 per month. About €4.50 per month.

https://9to5google.com/2023/11/01/youtube-premium-international-price-increase/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

That's a shocking increase. I just got the email. I was actually considering cancelling until I did a Revolut exchange. 😝

My 10 year old spends all day on YouTube so even a fiver a month is money well spent, I share the other family spots for free but I suppose if it ever got up to a tenner a month I might not be so generous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newagesurfer

Have 3 spot on my family plan if any would like to join €10 per spot for one year payment via revolut. Pm if you want to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got my email this morning, I have it through rev and turkey. Worth it for amount kids use it (and me too tbh). Annoying but oh well. I suppose concensus is don't change location if have something working already?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Folks does anyone know is you tube music included with you tube premium?

If so does anyone know can you merge two songs together so there’s no break between when one song ends and one starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

Music is included, the rest I don't know though!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Possibly might take you up on the offer but just paid for 1 month so might be later in the month

If you want to send me a PM

Just had a look and I dont see an option for merging the songs, Spotify definitely does have it

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all anybody else get an email from YouTube

To continue delivering great service and features, we're increasing your price to ARS 869.00 /month.

€2.32 or so.

Hard to beat that 📺

• Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm interested in joining a plan if anybody has a space open

PM if anyone is open

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Mobius2021

Anyone know what happened an annual subscription when the year is up? From reading I believe it just expires and I need to sign back up for Premium.

Got a deal last year for 1 year of Premium for 299.99 Turkish Lira.

Not a hope in hell will I be paying Irish prices.

• Advertisement

Be careful of that, I heard from a mate that his annual expired and he could not resign back up. It seems once your account loses the subscription or it cancels, its virtually impossible to sign back up without a Turkish Card.

Advertisement