Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Groups - How to Monetize?

Options
  • 06-11-2023 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All. After some advice please.

I run a relatively successful Facebook Group. I started this group about 3years ago and it has grown organically from there. Its a 'Private' group (as opposed to Public) and has circa 13.5k members. The group is very specific to a high value product, which all members have a a vested interest in.

I administer and monitor the group on a daily basis - keeping spammers etc. at arms length. I have invested hundreds of hours in it thus far and the burden is growing as the group expands!

The group operates as follow; Members post a question on their topic of interest. The group 'Experts' then provide some open responses and post their direct contact details to follow up offline. The requirement for an open response is to educate other members who might be too reserved to post in the first instance.

Its at the stage now where the group 'experts' are doing significant business on the back of my group (think fishing in a barrel as opposed to a lake), and I am wondering how I can also benefit financially from the group?

I have considered setting up a limited company and invoicing these 'Experts' monthly but obviously don't want to fall foul of Facebook - which might result in loosing the group altogether! I would prefer to have Facebook onside, with maybe some relative banner adverts on the page and invoicing the "experts" on a monthly subscription basis.

How do I make this work for my family and I financially?

Thanks in advance for your comments/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

You'll have to keep spammers at bay all the more.

Just as important what happens the group when you as the owner cannot administer it due to illness etc

Who will act instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hobo85

My better half is a moderator. She tends to cover when I am unavailable!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Could you do affiliate sales of related products? Write an eBook for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hobo85

No, its a very specific group. Members are only interested in the one main product. Unfortunately, I dont know enough about the main product to write an ebook. But thanks for your suggestions.

Advertisement