Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched this on Sunday. The one thing I could not figure out, how can a bloke have such strong feeling for butterflies to go and get a big colourful one painted all over his neck front where there is no way of hiding it and it will be there for rest of his life. What a dumbass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You seem confused between turnover and profit.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Andy lad, not sure how you came to that conclusion. I mentioned neither the word profit nor turnover.

we all know you love an internet argument and that you’d be lost without boards especially with the long winter nights as you have nothing better to be doing than arguing with unknown people on the internet like you do every single night. But sorry to say you’ll be getting no more attention from me so hop along to the next thread and find some else to argue with. You seem to be very good at that

You mentioned 'made plenty of money' (profit) and linked to an article showing income (turnover). They're two different things.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Excellent watch as usual that young fella Oisin was insane on that second challenge!

• Advertisement

Yes that young lad running back and forth was like a T-1000 terminator!! Especially impressive too considering he was running across those cans in the water, I suppose it was easier maintain his balance and composure as he was going so consistently fast. His brother hanging on above him fir so long was also some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Fair play to the Peters coming back again this year. Donnacha loves the mammies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What’s name a the host? Stunning looking lass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Btw, anyone spot the glaring error on the raft challenge.. Darragh said it was 250 metres to the finish from where all 4 picked up the raft to head to the finish.

Now, average person running 250 metres as fast as he can is looking at 45 seconds. 4 people trotting whilst carrying 20 kgs raft, you’re looking at 55-65seconds..the family that won the raft challenge covered the “250” metres in about 25 seconds…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Laura is like Mairead but Mairead is far better looking, a natural beauty. "Stunning" new host if you like a face full of contoured makeup, fake eyelashes, hair extensions and lip fillers. All a bit much for a sporting competition. Natural girls like Sonia, Dervla and Nina win hands down. The presenter has a typical RTE presenter, made up dolly look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Fair play to the Murray's, nearly made the comeback. Never understand why we don't see more families going two at a time for the ramp. Any young lad should be able to pull himself up. The third lad made a mistake by not leaving room for the mam to try as well at the same time as he did it.

Byrne's seemed a bit painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Good point actually. It's obviously not against the rules but I reckon nobody has ever thought of it before!!

Regarding the third lad taking the ramp the same time as their mum, I think their tactics were spot on - best to get all three of them up and then drag her up the first time. If she had failed, it would have taken a lot out of her and cost them time before she could attempt it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Is it not a bit unfair that last Sundays families took on very different challenges to this weeks ??

either way - I love the show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Great series so far. As others have mentioned, I find great satisfaction watching the muscle-bound lads struggle on anything endurance related. 😂

There's more to fitness than big biceps, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

I think that's to add variety to the show and keep us from getting bored of endless repetitions of the same courses. They're probably all of equal difficulty. and the families competing in that group are all partaking in the same challenge.

I love it too 😊.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

One thing though, (as I know from personal experience 🙄 ) ... the taller long-legged and long-armed people have an advantage over the shorter ones, for lots of the challenges.

Stepping from one block to the next in the water, climbing up over the bales and high walls, running up the ramp etc. all suit taller people better.

I don’t really like the lake setting and have always found paddle boards boring. The swamp was way more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I presume it's the luck of a draw done before the series starts.

I think in the early series they all used to do the same events in the early rounds, and it got incredibly repetitive.

Any family who winds up in the later rounds will have faced different events so if they've a weak spot they'll be exposed eventually.

• Advertisement

Another team (Gallagher) coming back to compete. I wonder how many families enter Fittest Family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just had the same conversation here. Mustn't get many.

That's an interesting question, how hard is it to qualify.

They didn't last too long this time either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Too much weights and not enough cardio for yer man....hope he's ok, looked a bit shook on the bales.

Re: Returning families....with the cancellation of the show and then the un-cancellation, I'd say timelines for applications were tight so producers might have had to go back to the well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well the gallaghers did not last too long anyway and after that performance in the water by the Mccarthys I would say they are next to go. They were brutal, the slowest team yet on the water.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

Its funny. Happening for years. The avg person wouldn’t even be close to 45 seconds. Be closer to a minute. Carrying the raft they’re not even running hard. More a jog. If it’s even a 100m I’d be amazed

poor Ed thinks lifting a few weights makes you fit. He hasn’t any cardio. Didn’t have his orange juice or had to much orange juice before it

Nina more vocal this year. She was an amazing competitor herself in the celebrity version of Fittest Family & of course, Ireland’s Dancing with the stars

At risk of showing my advancing age, what the feck is Laura wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Davy, shouting at his family. Then he tells Zack, there's no need for him to be so hard on himself. Hello?

Davy scares me with his shouting, and I'm sitting on the couch relaxing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement