Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a room but not allowed to use the kitchen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

It's a new build in a housing estate that has a commercial kitchen for a restaurant? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mobydopy

It's a regular house kitchen that the owner said he uses professionally for his restaurant. Haven't discussed with him what he's exactly doing in the kitchen but my guess is he's storing ingredients in the fridge, preping food and testing recipes.

I've found out the restaurant is only a small takeaway business he's just started recently (obviously not going to name it here)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I’ve a friend who bakes bread and makes pastries for local restaurants, all in a normal kitchen. I don’t get the sense that the op is talking about a service kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

I remember years ago doing house shares where I never stepped foot in the kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Rules like this can be very problematic when renting. My ex rented a room where she was prohibited from entering the living room of the house as that was the owner's "me-place". She also was not allowed to have me over without clearing it with the owner a few days in advance. I can understand rules, but if I ever rented a room, I'd treat the tenant like an adult...

• Advertisement
Advertisement