Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Poor Sharden. After her extreme makeover, Con "lone wolf" Rafferty dumped her.... She goes crawling back to sexy Anto.... Who re-buffs her... Scarlaa for ya 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Anto is like Solomon here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Looked like Dean's new heater is gas.

Who would use a gas heater in a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Nice bit of banter between Victor, Mondo, Ray and Leo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭con747

I wish I could stand up like Victor and say I'll get a round in for 4 people and then order a pint & coke.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Why is Juliette even here, did we ever find out what happened to her fancy new job in london/LA?

Surely there are other bar people out there other than gwen. Sash would have to know of somebody willing do wander around picking up a few glasses.

Oh imagine it was Dr Judy or aunt kitty was the mystery investor.

Would sean not have needed a receipt for that money he gave gwen for the stock.

And how is James still walking the street after kidnapping Carol, specially since she knows James was in on it.

And was there any update on robbies friend finding Bo?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Barbie2k23

I see Greg is in this Xmas video dunno what advert it’s for

https://youtu.be/uBHN7ZA3WnY?si=E9XAe_3wxMx2ddEo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Regarding Sean and the receipt I don't think it's a big issue. Given the amount of times Carol and Sean have gone into McCoys to ask for extra stock it's pretty obvious neither of them can count when theyre ordering so they'll probably not be able to add up the money either

What is the purpose of Sean in the show? He seems to be more pointless than his niece Juliet. At least she serves as a commentary on how fake and vapid a lot of the so called "influencers" are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some great memories from November 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

He must’ve spent a day shooting scenes where he’s popping into McCoys. Been doing that a lot lately. If i thought they’d give him a decent storyline I’d think he’s the secret investor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

I reckon Sean's scenes are just contractual scenes to fulfill his terms or justify his wages. Sure in real life he'll be in panto for a few months.... We'll see him again in April or so!

Joan and Gar and their Kidneys are forgotten.

No sign of Dearnhla either.

What happened to Melaine and Alex also.

Mairead and Damo gone also. Will they get back involved with the development now also.

Orla and Paul got a few scenes a few weeks back.

No sign of Wayne visiting Junior or Junior visiting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Dearbhla is gone AWOL since Dean told her he loved her....maybe she's gone to the Holding Shed to consider her response 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They should make a black mirror episode about the holding shed

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Photobox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Or do what Eastenders did one time with an "After Dark" spin off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

The writers dont seem to have any regard for the actor that plays Sean at all. No storyline in years - he just appears behind the bar the odd time. Hes a nothing character. It has to be contract obligations which I think is ridiculous. Characters like Sean/Bela/Bosco shouldnt be there just because of legalities - imagine what they are costing. Thank god Bela has retired at least - about time as he looked so unwell.

I also feel his appearances could be damaging is credibility as an actor - he could be a good actor but Sean is such a boring none character that we dont know if he is any good.

Any time I see him on screen all I can think of is his white teeth! On some people the perfect white teeth just jump out and all I can see is teeth and nothing else 😂. Sash is another character where I just see white white teeth and nothing else. Also why is the make up dept making Sash look yellow lately? 😂 She is beginning to resemble Bart Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Yer one walking around asking every criminal in town if they're they're the mystery investor

The bar man absolutely delighted with his tina tickets

Yeah, can't understand why the writers have no regard for the character. He's a part of one of the longest standing families in the shows history but its easy to forget he's actually Niamh and Kira's brother and Juliet's uncle because he never has scenes with his family. They only remembered he's Orla's cousin when she needed to move into the flat he was renting off her.

Sean and Doug were in the same class in school and it's weird they rarely hang out together. Instead Sean has been hanging out with men decades older than him (Cass, Leo, Hughie etc) in his free time. Same with Doug always hanging out with Pete and Ray in his spare time. They really should have scenes with the likes of Sean, Doug and Greg having a drink or shooting pool together or something. Make them look like they do things their age group actually does rather than daft brief plots.

At least with Doug they're sort of giving him some issue led storylines like childcare issues for young working parents and he even got a bit of a story with Fergal trying to groom him for the far right and he got to go on Ray's stag. Ray is technically Sean's stepdad so you'd think he might have got an invite

I saw a clip on the RTE Today show Facebook page it included Melaine, Sharon, Hayley and James.

Melaine seems to be back on Christmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

God be with the days when a magazine could be bought for £1.10

Is the mystery investor in McCoys *******? Just going on these spoilers.

Dolores

Dean is anxious when he thinks Van Girl is ignoring him. Dolores and Sash square off over McCoys, while Pete fails to make peace with Doug and Erica.

Sash is forced to reveal Dolores' lies, shocking Pete to the core. Paul refuses to honour Orla's agreement with an unsuspecting Dean. Damien and Mairead spice up their relationship.

• Advertisement

I was pretty sure that's exactly who the secret investor is but the kidnap plot and ransom threw me off since Zak seemed to think it was criminal that was the silent partner. There was a scene a while back when Zak and that person were talking about how to run a successful business and that person had a knowing smirk on their face that made me think they were after paying the difference. Good foreshadowing for once by Fair City if it turns out to be true

I presume Zak really didn't know it was that person though. He wouldn't have bothered with the kidnap and ransom since that person isn't likely to break his legs.

Advertisement