Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

A new "parking" annoyance. Drove out of town to see a high sided skip parked on the yellow cross hatching right by the side of a busy pedestrian crossing.

So its OK to put a skip where your not allowed to park? Don't think so, the yellow cross hatching is there to stop cars parking so oncoming traffic can see anyone about to cross and so pedestrians have a good view of the traffic. Putting anything there that prevents that is just wrong!

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Making a shopping list and as I’m finishing it, my phone rings, 3 minute conversation but now I cannot recall the last thing I was going to write down ffs….. 🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Don't panic, you,ll remember it as soon as your home from doing the shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Tbh I'd probably report that.

It's one thing making a cul de sac "a single road" everyone will just get on with it.

Blocking a junction is not on. It will just take another impatient clown and an accident will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

That was my first thought but the only saving grace might be the speed they were filling it. I'm hoping it will be gone by tomorrow if not I will report it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I find Dunnes the worst for that, gas bagging away as if they're sitting over a coffee. If they're not doing that they're inspecting every item you buy as if they work for forensics.

Grocery shopping is a huge TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

"I find Dunnes the worst for that, gas bagging away as if they're sitting over a coffee."

The old Superquinn checkouts used to be desperate for that carry on.

Maybe its better now ? .... ( I gave up on SQ a few years ago )

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you don't win the Lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ballsort 105 . 😡😡

• Advertisement

Oh I know , I was sure I was going to win euromillions when your one from Limerick won it . But I won another big prize. I’ve never had the same feeling again 😡😡

I remembered it just as I walked into the shop… interdental brushes.,.,but they had every size interdental brush…all 7 other sizes but the one I need… making me inconveniently having to stop off elsewhere…. 🤌🏻

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You have better teeth than me. I need 3 different sizes for the varying gaps. In a pinch I can use the smaller ones on the bigger gaps to at least make sure there is no debris bedded in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My Iphone is refusing to charge at times, kind of worrying as I'm relying on it for next few days to keep in touch with family.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Sending another human a whatsapp and then having their reply come… 16 hours later… sent at 5.48 pm… reply at 09.58 am

the reply is of the gist of them suggesting us meeting up…. Hmmmm not really all that interested now to be fair… if I’m expected to wait 16 hours for a reply to a message, how long might I be sat waiting at a table at a bar / cafe for them ?…so my TA is…. Bad / lazy / inefficient communicators…. I can’t ever understand how or why people are bad / inefficient at communicating…..it’s not difficult especially in today’s ultra conveniently connected world…

if you send me a message… WhatsApp, email etc…or call me… I just answer and I if I’m physically unable to…I’m going to prioritise calling you or messaging you back asap…. Simple politeness and courtesy….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Have that occasionally. Try using a paper clip or something similar to clear out fluff in the hole where the charger goes into, its suprising how much fluff can be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had to open a new email a/c, the only one that didn't ask me to match things to prove I'm not a robot is not my favourite company to deal with.

Set up this new a/c skipping through the prove you're not a robot section easily, but now I can't remember the password for this account. If I take the recommended steps I end up back in my other email for this company and if I try to change my profile, I need to input my password.

If I wasn't looking to check my password, I would stumble along the password manager and take it from there, but that doesn't apply now. My dyspraxia means my handwriting is illegible even to me and tiny fingers erased all my photos for this week on my phone, so I can't see it there.

Assuming I haven't remembered that backup email incorrectly, I'll have to reset and with my handwritting that will be difficult(which is why I was depending on the password manager/photo)

Ta my bad memory and handwriting, a brat who guessed my phone password and now he's left all the doors in the house open to my work room and bedroom reek of cooked meat🤮, oh and btw I'm in a rush to get tasks done on that email as well! fml

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try and clear the cache (but make sure you don't tick on clear passwords, too) and try again, it should log you out of all accounts so it wouldn't pick up on your old a/c. This is from a browser, now, not from the mail app.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also - the photo album app should have a bin function, you could look in there to restore the deleted photos.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

POA

Which as we all know stands for 'Pulled Out of Arse!"

Currently car shopping and have narrowed it down to three models, but one's the clear front runner. Only one for sale in the country with the proper specs and mileage and it's POA. Get *******. I'd go to england and import one myself before I'd even text him "How much?"

No matter what you're selling, if I have to ask the price instead of it being clearly advertised, I'm buying somewhere else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Public transport in Ireland.

Utter shoite. But plenty of glossy publications and logos. Sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Life is hard. Probably should be..but damn it is hard. And people are hard... hard faced bit anyway going with the flow I think 😛

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister and I share a home office and there's going to be a row very shortly about what's an acceptable temperature for it to be kept at. She's basically a hothouse flower and would have it at roughly sauna temperature all day, every day. I'm practically shrivelling up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. people who are smarmy pr1cks

Had to get some garlic so I went to the local grocery shop, it's one of those types where the vegetables ect are outside the shop in cardboard boxes.

Got there at 3:20, the shop closes at 4, so they had already brought the vegetables inside. I asked the girl behind the counter for some garlic, she said sure no problem and goes and gets me some.

Just as I'm about to pay for them she spots that one of the bulbs is missing a clove so she shouts down the back of the shop at someone, to bring her another bulb because one clove is missing. Personally I hadn't noticed and I didn't really care either, just wanted to get home and get dinner going.

Eventually after a few minutes of waiting, a guy comes out of the back with a big box of them, he hands me two and says in a patronising manner:

"Is that good enough for you?"

Mother F**ker, I wasn't the one making the fuss, it was your assistant!

If they had sold them by weight none of that would have been an issue. They probably think they'd lose out if they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

Looking at a loyalty program for a car rental company and saw this in the marketing materials:

Earn points that never expire*

Then in the small print at the bottom:

*Points expire three years after last rental.

Well that's not "never expire" is it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Dog barking in the distance all morning. Annoying me. I've windows closed and can still hear it. It's more the owners than the dog that's annoying me. He was barking all night regularly, but that seems to have stopped. Now it's during the day. Also, the closer barky dog will be barking in about 30 mins. I can nearly set my watch on him. There has been an explosion in the number of dogs around. And people just don't look after them or are in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Probably dogs bought during covid and now owners are back in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

My neighbour beside me in my apartment block had a dog with an incredibly loud bark despite its small size. Even with all my internal doors closed, it still sounded like it was in the apartment with me. He barked at me a few times when I passed it on the road and I'd be surprised if the owners don't suffer hearing damage from it. I think it is a cross between a terrier and a megaphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, little dogs can be very loud yappers. And some gardens act like megaphones. I.e. back of house + fences/walls of the garden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement