Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of LG channels from their televisions...

• 08-11-2023 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭

We bought an LG television 2 or 3 years ago. It is connected to our network through WiFi for watching YouTube. However, it also means that LG can pedal its IPTV channels to us. On a regular basis a new channel will appear without permission and we have to go through the process of editing the channels to skip the new LG channel.

Is there a way (other than switching off the network connection) of preventing LG from adding their AWFUL channels (usually K-POP) to our programme list?

Many thanks and a virtual Mars Bar for anyone who comes up with a solution.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 sumach

Don't know if this will work, but when I set the region to UK to get Freesat channels the LG channels are blocked. I get the message "LG channels cannot be serviced if user changes region from original settings "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭JayBee66

I can imagine it will but I will lose all satellite and terrestrial channels and will have to retune again. I don't fancy doing that but if desperate, I might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

It sounds like I have the same setup, yes I have Saorview and Freesat but cannot view the LG channels unless I change settings, this setup might sort out the issue the OP is having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

Do those channels appear on the EPG? My LG channels have to be accessed through a tap in the menu…

Advertisement