Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,670 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What about the Israeli who is taking back the land from the Palestinians who stole it from his ancestors? Who is the colonialist then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭brickster69

RFK Jnr say's Israel is an aircraft carrier in the middle east for them.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭amandstu

Do you mean the Jews who immigrated to Palestine before the State of Israel was established?

OMFG,RFKJR4POTUS, You can't say that out loud AND run for POTUS. The lobbyists will crucify him.

• Advertisement

No, the Jews who returned to their homeland hundreds of years after their land was taken from them.

Yes, other than celebrating or supporting the terrorist actions of Hamas, why else would someone put up a Palestinian flag the evening of October 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭freebritney

I have to say of all the mental gymnastics that are performed to justify the colonists, this one is the greatest. Some fat lump living in his mothers basement in Brooklyn gets bored with his life and decides to head for Israel, his "homeland". This cretin gets sponsored by the many "philanthropic" organisations set up to pay to drop this oaf into a families olive grove that they have farmed for hundreds of years. Are you genuinely trying to say that people like this are more entitled to the land than the farmer, because a book of fairy tales says so, even though the Palestinian the deeds to the property and the keys for the door.

Probably the most honest assessment of America's backing of Israel and explains a lot to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I've linked to this about 6 times now at this point

Post # 13404

The content is below. The two points in bold are added here because someone yesterday tried to invalidate the whole post just because Israeli hostages weren't mentioned in the original post. So they are now, and of course if they're important enough to be considered as a separate step in moving forward, it's only fair Palestinian hostages are treated in the same way.

For Israel

1. Immediate ceasefire
    2. Target Hamas leadership directly using Mossad
    3. Call for international support to use sanctions to target Hamas funders
    4. With draw from illegal settlements
    5. Stop effective occupation of Gaza
    6. Remove Nethanyahu
    7. Show that they support a two state solution
    8. Release all Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails without charge

For Palestine

1. Recover
    2. Demand international support
    3. Hold elections
    4. Remove Hamas
    5. Show that they support a two state solution
    6. Release all hostages

For US

1. Demand an immediate and permanent ceasefire
    2. Enforce sanctions to target Hamas funders
    3. Support rebuild and development of Palestine
    4. Show that they support a two state solution

For EU

1. Demand an immediate and permanent ceasefire
    3. Support rebuild and development of Palestine
    4. Show that they support a two state solution

For UN

1. Remove abilities for countries to Veto resolutions
    3. Run elections in Gaza within 3 years
    4. Prioritize a two state solution

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A few people who are against the actions of Israel are are commonly accused of antisemitism, but it's the defenders who is"The Jews" like a loaded term constantly, why is that?

I can separate Jewish People from the Actions of the state of Israel.

You know it wasn't solely the homeland of the Israelites. There were quite a few ethnicities, religious groups tribes, whatever we can't to call them all over the land in the area. Some.mixed, some came and went.

They don't have any more right to it as as an whole load of others.

My own, personal held belief is that Israel is handy for.people who are themselves antisemitic because they can go there. They can leave the rest alone and have their own space.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭scottser

Arguably you can say whatever the hell you like, no matter how stupid, and the american public will still make you president.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

We'll have to sort stuff out between the descendants of the Vikings and the Celts here and divvy up the land accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"My own, personal held belief is that Israel is handy for.people who are themselves antisemitic because they can go there. They can leave the rest alone and have their own space."

Can you clarify what you mean here? Your sentence on the surface seems a mess of contradictions.

It has been called the Hollywood movie solution because it is far-fetched and unrealistic. This has been explained many times.

Rather than a 26-point solution, there is a much much simpler road to peace.

1. Hamas releases the hostages
    2. Hamas hands over those responsible for planning and executing the terrorist operation of 7/10 to the ICC
    3. Peace

Simple as that.

They aren't colonists, they are taking back their ancient homeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭amandstu

I still don't understand .What time period are you talking about?

Yes, and it is still full of holes.

Still no security guarantees - beyond 'support the two state solution,' without articulating the security guarantees that would be part of it.

How does Palestine remove Hamas? Vote them out?

Further, no mention of stopping rocket attacks from Palestine.

The equivalence between the prisoners in Israeli Jails and those kidnapped by Hamas is a stretch, but sure, release all the Palestinian prisoners who haven't been charged yet. I imagine if it comes to that, there'll be a lot of charges ginned up quickly in Israel.

Lol.

Just because you guys call something a Hollywood solution doesn't make it so.

And as already responded to that determination, surely the Hollywood solution is thinking big words and big bombs is going to bring peace.

Look at history instead of Netflix.

And its laughable, and indicative of your view on the whole situation that you think the only necessary action for peace is on the hands of Hamas.

After 10000+ Palestinians are killed in a month. F right off with that nonsense.

The ongoing war crimes being committed by Hamas need to be addressed, hence the call for the release of the hostages.

• Advertisement

Not at all. Just well-intentioned dupes of those that are working to destroy Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭political analyst

The Egyptians control their border with the Gaza Strip. Presumably, they can let anyone leave the Strip who they want to let leave. So how would Israel be in a position to prevent people of any nationality crossing the border between the Strip and Egypt?

You show me security guarantees from Israel and I'll show you them from Hamas.

If Hamas leadership and funding is resolved, there will be little for the Palestinians to remove. Likewise with the rockets if Hamas is ultimately weakened. And don't act like Israel doesn't have the most sophisticated defense system on the planet.

And I don't know if you deliberately misconstrued my point but what I referred to in relation to prisoners was the number of Palestinians held without charge in Israeli jails. If we were to talk total prisoners versus hostages then the ration is probably 50 to 1 rather than the 5:1 for uncharged.

And as with Blanch152 before you, you don't make any suggestion of conciliatory actions on the part of the Israeli's here.

That is the issue here, both of you only see Palestinians at fault in this (blanch152 has spent weeks now claiming this only started on Oct 7th). Neither of you have shown any capacity to see ill in Israels actions or a need for them to participate in a path to peace.

It's hard not to see your views as aligned with some of the most draconian expressions of the Israeli government.

The actions of each party I have suggested are a step in the right direction, no one is suggesting it is simple or can happen overnight. But it sure as hell is better than thinking you can bomb the livelihoods of 2M people out of existence and just carry on blissfully afterwards.

I've already suggested address the war crimes of Hamas. Go after the leaders, I've advocated for it. In a way that doesn't include collective punishment mind.

The ongoing war crimes being committed by Israel need to be addressed, hence the call for the release of the hostages.

Amnesty International, the UN, and many other organizations have decreed Israel's actions to be counter to international law.

Perhaps they weren't born October 6th and knew that when the terrorists do something horrendous and stupid, it's the children who suffer the worst.

Really? That's the best you have. Can you show me the documentary proof that a white, European settler has a direct lineage going back 2000 years to the exact spot where a Palestinian farm now exists. Can someone from Connacht arrive at Slane estate and set up camp on the premise that Cromwell evicted his ancestors and gave it to Mountcharles ancestors.

This is the problem when your whole argument is built on sand, you've jumped the shark. The I love Israel shill guide can't even come up with a answer for that one can it? It must eat at someones soul knowing they've nailed there colours to a mast that is fundamentally wrong and then have to come on a internet forum and spoof all day trying to defend the indefensible.

Why would Israel want to prevent them from leaving? Many of their government officials are painstakingly clear in their messaging that their motivation is ethnic cleansing, millions of people leaving Gaza is exactly what they want. It doesn't seem to be a war crime Egypt wants to be party to however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭brickster69

Problem is Israel, G7 & most of the EU don't want a ceasefire. Now they sound ok with a pause after voting against one a few weeks ago at the UN.

Hopefully they succumb to pressure at some point when the world watches on seeing dozens more blown up kids on the TV every night.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

No, not that simple.

How is peace achieved, for instance?

To release hostages there will need to be a ceasefire, Israel won't agree to a ceasefire without hostages first, so that buggers that.

Hamas are as likely to turn themselves in as Bibi is to march up to the witness stand of the ICC.

There's simple thinking here, but no simple solutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement