Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

And the Egyptians... but then they had aliens helping..... plus maybe JFK jnr and/or "The Donald" (sad)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Trump is currently a very slight favourite with the bookies.

Be interesting to see if the odds change after all of his court appearances.

They seem to be helping him so far because the last time I checked the odds was before all the charges were brought against him and Biden was the favourite then.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2024/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It will be definitely interesting to see how it goes. Especially from January on. As we get into 2024. I assume it will be, to paraphrase the poet that is Predator, one "Ugly mothe÷/ucker" of a campaign on both sides. Trumpists will harp on about Biden's age and the excalibur that is Hunterrrrrrrs Laaaaaaptooooop. Biden's team will harp about... take your pick...

It is going to be the ugliest and most negative campaign you've ever seen. And I personally think its too close to call: Voter apathy will keep Dems away and Repoubicans seem perfectly happy to portray trump at the epitome of what a 21st century Republican should be.... (they LITERALLY LITERALLY had a golden idol of him... without irony from the Old Testament GOP)

So it's gonna be Ug... Lee... and will be extremely close. God its gonna be bad...

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

you forgot to add "who stinks of russian whore piss"

Watching him in court really does show up how deranged he really fukking is.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Of course he's 'remarkable' he's probably the most remarked on politician since Julius Ceasar. But remarkable foes not mean admirable. You can be remarkable while having very few redeeming qualities.

Trump is probably the world's most successful con man, in an era where people have never been so credulous and gullible and easy to manipulate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A lot of people in America believe Biden is as corrupt Trump and that Trump being targeted and prosecuted is grossly unfair. I don’t think him being prosecuted will make any difference to a large swathe of the voters.

Two bad candidates, but obviously Trump is infinitely worse but I think that’s why his supporters love him, being a heel sales.

I can’t wait for this in the inevitable movie

Post edited by EltonJohn69 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

Bookmakers follow the money for politics and don't make predictions. They just want to come out ahead no matter the result.

Many declared victory when Trump was ahead of Biden in the bookies last time out. Clinton was ahead of Trump. They are not accurate predictors nor are they trying to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,500 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Many are falling into the 2016 trap of underestimating Trump and not understanding American people. I was in the NY in the spring of 2016. I visited relations there, these were normal people but they had a serious problem with democratic politicians.

A year and a half ago I met a lad that was in the US for 30 years and he had came home a wealthy man. Again he had serious reservations about Democratic politicians and there policies. These were not pseudo rapists, Christian conservatives or gun owners. They were ordinary hard working Americans who are dependent on there pensions when they retire. They often face working until there 70's to make ends meet. They paid through the nose for there children's education and for college.

In the US tax is very visible. There is very little PAYE so you settle you tax bill after the year ends. If you buy a coffee or a shirt you see the tax because most time prices are quoted ex tax. It is not hidden

IMO if Biden is not 2-3 % ahead of Trump in the polls leading up to the election Trump will probably win. Another factor this time is postal voting. If you have a postal ballot in the US you are expected to post it yourself. Last time around the Black, Hispanic etc Mother's got the postal ballot out for there children and made sure they were posted. There will be a move prevent this by the GOP this time.

This is going to a a very hard win for Biden. Complacency by the liberal/ left wing section of society is a real danger. Many critised Biden for his stance on Gaza. If he did not take the stance he did the election was already lost. Members of the Squad in the Democratic congressional party are a real danger to this election. Just calling Trump a rapist is not going to win this election.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Then the American people deserve all they get. My only concern is that he will be in charge of a lot of big guns and bombs, and international diplomacy.

I'd say there is a fair chance that if he did get back in a lot of countries would quietly sever relations with him/the US, certainly there will not be too much co-operation with sharing information with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

If the American people are as complacent as the polls suggest then they are heading for the end of their democracy.

Make no mistake Trump is a vindictive c*nt, and the ‘best’ people that he has surrounded himself with are looking to make sure that they never relinquish power again.

Trump and his followers will ensure that they don’t give free and fair elections another chance to derail their plans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think complacency shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't in 2020 and the invective from Trump and MAGA has only become more unhinged and quasi authoritarian. If broadly centrist-to-left Americans can't get off their seats to vote & make sure MAGA doesn't take over the country, then that's on them. I wouldn't worry too much about The Squad and whatnot; they know full-well what the alternative is and haven't yet seen any serious suggestions they don't vote Boden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just as an aside, did Obama's picture ever get hung, and presumably Trump has not even been painted? Is that the end of Presidential portraits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

If I remember correctly, it takes some time after the end of a presidency for a portrait to be painted. I think Obama's portrait didn't get completed until well after he left office.

The question is whether a printout of one of his NFTs will be acceptable as portrait? 😉 Because there's no way he'll go for something subtle or presidential...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seemingly the Trump Organization is a group of about 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner. Around 250 of these entities use the Trump name.

He will put his name to almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He put his name to Don Jr and we all know how that turned out....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He was the original modern-era kickstarter scammer basically -- the culture is obsessed with startups now (like shark tank)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

such hardship for a multibillionaire mother

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

There hasn't been complacency from liberal wing at all in past year. Republicans were expected to take Senate and easily take House last November, neither happened.

Democrats are polling well ahead of average in pretty much every election since Roe. Dems won the Kentucky governor last night in massive increase from 2019 and Ohio voted to make abortion part of the constitution by 3:1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Ivanka should get tested for dementia. She doesn't recall a lot. A family of absolute thugs. I actually half expected her to throw the rest of them under the bus to save what little is remaining of her socialite status. I was clearly wrong. Welcome to Pariahville.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The prevailing view is that had Trump simply taken the wad of cash his father left him and invested it in a typical indexed fund he would have significantly more money than he has today.

He is an appalling businessman blinded by arrogance ,hubris and his stunning belief in his own (no existent) abilities.

Interesting point of reference in the NY civil trial...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember reading an Economist collaboration with the Washington Post saying that he's only a tenth as rich as he should be. Says it all, really.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Every single one of them is a prime example of human scum. Complete and absolute pond life, and that's being rude to pond life.

From the hypocritical ****er who went after Hunter Biden....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement