Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The DC Snyderverse coming to Netflix December 1st.

Probably just the States for now hwoever alot of WarnerBros/HBO stuff has arrived on Netflix here over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Man of Steel, okay we'll see where this goes , Wonder Woman easily the best of those very good...The (newer) Suicide Squad bit of a laugh, quite worthwhile.

All the rest are varying forms of absol garbage. In fact both Aquaman and Shazam are decent, better than all those anyway but haven't been included?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Tbh I absolutely loved Birds of Prey - it really surprised me with how playfully anarchic it went. Felt very ‘Tank Girl’. (I later discovered Margot Robbie bought the rights to Tank Girl, so it feels like there’s a definite tonal crossover there)

Netlfix looking to bring in for those with the ad subscription package binge 3 epsiodes and get 1 ad free.

“After watching three consecutive episodes, members will be presented with a fourth episode ad-free.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just watched this, great documentary about the crazy Columbian goalkeeper. Didn't realise how close he was to Escobar. Mix of football, family and life in Columbia in the late 80s / early 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not a big fan of subtitled viewing, but ant opinions on Kaala Paani?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Watched All the Light we Cannot See over the weekend. I enjoyed it. The actress who plays the blind girl was great and it was lovely to see Hugh Laurie pop up again. However, the less said about Mark Ruffalo the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Was very much looking forward to "All the Light You Cannot See" as I loved the book.

On its own it was find but paled beside the book. They neglected some key parts in my view, Werner's early and war years are skimmed over and the post war lives of his sister and Maree are ignored. Most notably Werner's fate (which was very moving in the book) was ignored. It seemed they rushed to get it out rather than be loyal to the book.

Acting, with the notable exception of Ruffalo, was very good.

The series seemed to lean towards a classic French Resistance/Bad (plus stupid and incompetent) Germans slant which has been done to death. The book was much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

More excitingly, friend in Belgium was saying to me how their Netflix has the likes of Six Feet Under now. Probably won't make it across since sky has rights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

I really enjoyed Blue Eye Samurai.

Hopefully there will be a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just watched Nyad. It was great. So good to see “Older” women have leading roles & a great story too. Thoroughly enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Terrier2023

Watched Robbie Willaims docu it was a bit of a self indulgent look back at his rise to fame & his panic attacks. i saw him in Slane it was a great set entertaining but as a person hes a bit of a knob & on the mental health train as everyone is these days ! BORING !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Some of these celebs shouldnt do a netflix series. As you say great music but I've no time for celebs whingeing about how they want a normal life after chasing fame. I remember Steve Irwin saying he'd never complain about fame because of the opportunities and life it provided him with and he knew if he didnt want fame and what came with it he couldve been a brick layer.

Sly Stallone's recent 1 is the same thing. Some interesting parts but mostly gurning about stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I wonder how many celebs and sports teams Netflix following them at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Terrier2023

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (and getting back into the limelight)

I can only speak for myself but Robbie's Netflix series made me less of a fan. Its a fine line between creating some drama and a self absorbed whiney puff piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

Watched one episode of bodies, thought it was crap, not for me, in contrast my husband really liked it, so he can watch the rest of it on his own😁

I think all the light you cannot see will be more my type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Avatar trailer looks good. Been a long time since I watched the series so it's nowhere close to being fresh in my memory.

Speaking of great animated series, season 2 of Arcane will release in November 2024

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

What will that be, 3 years between Arcane series? At the moment that's the only thing I think I'll renew my subscription for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A year!. I'll have to watch the first again but I'm delighted all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Watched Nyad too and really enjoyed it.

As with most biographies though it invented some stuff (shark attack) and left other key stuff out (multiple boats accompanied her not one).

In particular, the controversy over whether she actually swam the whole way (the Guiness book of records have not recongnized the achievement) was not meniotred nor noted in the closing credits.

That stuff annoys me as I feel I have been deliberately misled.

On Netflix today. I really enjoyed it. Fassbender is excellent here. Ice in his veins.

Netflix have taken another HBO/Warner series that was axed by them.

Dead Boy Detectives

Millie Bobby Brown going all medievil Kick Ass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pity they had no interest in picking up the last season of Snowpiercer; still bummed it got shot and WB just Memory Hole'd it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In cases like this I wonder what the current "lost series resurfaces" schtick will take

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Is there a way to set ‘Skip Intro’ as default on Netflix accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

I was correct, loving 'All the light you cannot see'.

Advertisement