Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That is an absolute fücking joke!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That is ridiculous. Proper ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How far back in the buildup was that handball??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Exactly. Ref totally influenced by surrounding players.

Like, that's absolutely insane - it was so so so long before, and the msot marginal of handballs even at that. Absolute VAR calamity yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

It really is just make the rules up as you go along these days. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭M3CS

Honestly, how the fcuk can this keep happening? It's beyond belief at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It did come off his chest first so that means it shouldn't be a foul?

He also blew the whistle and pointed to the centre circle so is that not restarting the game?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

If that is given on the field then surely that should never be overturned. What are the rules?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Augme

A really worrying performance. It was as bad as Luton. They seem to think they csn just turn up and they'll win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

TNT saying its right feck off lol Joe Cole still bitter

These TNT pundits are beyond useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I was wondering how far back it was, so that VAR decision is a bit wtf.

But tbf Liverpool didn't deserve anything from the game.

That's what I mean, they'd never give a penalty for that because they use the excuse of "it deflects off another body part"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

Dod the ref listen to a message in his ear, award the goal, then go back again to the monitor???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He wasn't though. He pointed to the centre circle and blew his whistle.

Var then got in his ear about a foul.

Absolute joke to go that far back.

14 Seconds for God's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Football has been completely broken by VAR.

it has sucked so much enjoyment out of the game for me and it has made the rules almost impossible to understand.

Will we ever be able to get rid of it?

And about 6 different phases of play. Just a genuinely atrocious bit of intervention, made even more embarrassing by how long it took, and the ref seemingly awarding the goal.

The touch being so so long before the goal, being a bounce off a body part a yard away, and even looking like it was on the t-shirt line should all individually be reasons to not intervene, but they seem to just ignore each of those.

The cynic in my wonders if there's a slight edge of 'its better if the group goes to the last day'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Did it not hit his sleeve too? I thought that wasn't handball now?

But yeah, we deserved nothing so can't complain really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

The ball clearly hits him on the upper bicep... isn't that not considered the sleeve-line (so not an offence)??

Plus, it bounces off his chest first.

Plus it's a couple of phases back before the goal is actually scored.

Pure comedy of a decision. It was bizarre.

• Advertisement

Group now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

I think Klopp's plan with Macalister cannot last much longer. Watching this game and the Luton game I have this feeling that these hacks or short term solutions are starting to unravel.

How've we put in that bad of a performance and still managed to come out of it feeling fcuked over by the ref 🤣

Tbf it wasn't the plan today, Endo just lost his head and had to be taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

I may wait for the hilights later as fell asleep at start of 2nd half,looking at some of comments on here most of Liverpool players were asleep aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Endo is definitely not the other option so I do not see anything he can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Bit of free hit ultimately, still in our hands to top the group. Best to get these kind of performances out of our system in games that aren't crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

8 players touch the ball after Alexis, including 2 Toulouse players who block and head clear but not far enough. If you can go back that far (after blowing the whistle and pointing to tip off) then there's no point in watching anymore as they'll just rule every goal out for some vague infringement elsewhere on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

Poor performance but that’s decisions massive for the rest of the group. Such a bizarre decision. Massively far back and had no influence on the goal.

Like they were desperate to find a reason to not give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Tsimikas & Endo not good enough. Endo may deserve more time but Tsimikas is woeful. Elliott never plays well when he starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Gets lost in the mist with everything else but it was another shocking effort in front of goal from Darwin at the end there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Whatever about those 2, Kelleher was abysmal. I really dread anything ever happening to Alisson.

Time won't help Endo. He simply isn't good enough and never will be.

Thought Endo was grand tbh. Not gonna lambast someone too much over just getting a yellow card. Was otherwise grand and tidy. Wasn't any part of our issue today.

Also I thought it was a handball, just like penality Copenhagen got yesterday. Now I do question how far they went back to give it, but I don't know what the rule is with VAR in Europe on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No, I thought Mo, Trent, Diaz, Matip, Kelleher and loads more were the bigger issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I think the last 2 games should temper expectations a little,posters talking about how many goals we would score against Luton and then how we would be able to rest players in the Europa league after tonight. While klopp is trying to get the balance right and rest players when he can,all these changes for each game is not helping trying to get a rhythm into the team. Very hard for some players to impress when there is so many changes in each game.

Ideally 3-4 is the max that should be made when trying to qualify put of the group. When that is achieved then wholesome changes can be made

It's really not, to suggst he'll ever be good enough to be a regular starter is mad. He'll be 31 in February and his physical attributes are no where near good enough. He's grand as a bench option or as an option in the non-must game in the EL etc.

We really badly need a 6 in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I thought kelleher was a disaster, he has no presence in the box at all, few balls he should be coming out for but left to the defence, no urgency in his distribution either, we are fubar'd if Allison gets injured.

Atrocious play from all who played with the exception of quansah, seems calm on the ball.. was that Mac's first start at LCM?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Missed most of the game not realising it was an early kick off. 🙄 How that handball was given astounds me, considering any of these events should rule out any handball; it hits MacAllisters chest first and then quickly hits his sleeve, he's not involved in the goal, there's about 3 phases of play in between - including when Toulouse briefly win the ball back.. It'd seem most fans know the rules better than the actual refs these days. Utterly baffling decision.

The ref seems to give the goal, then wait for a VAR check, then give the goal again, and then goes to the replay and disallows

Feel bad mostly for Quansah, imagine it was Joe...

Some people are not happy lol

• Advertisement

It's literally always, always, a bit silly to say "this guy will never ever be good enough" a few months into their time with the club.

He's exactly what we need in the role he was bought for. We needed two 6's, and he's one of them. Ideally we'll get a younger up and coming one too, but he's the experienced head amongst a rake of new kids in midfield.

He's also been pretty good in all his recent performances - and played fine (better than most) today - so really no need for such grandiose declarations.

I'm also very confident that even if we buy another 6 in January, we won't see them playing regularly for 4+ months, just like with Endo, and just like with Fabinho (who in his debut season was still almost 2 months away from being a regular at this stage).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Very unlucky not to be credited with the last minute equalizer, but Quansah was mediocre today.

struggled alright... was maybe a bit too much flux around him, with none of our first choice back 4 playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Joe Cole, and some lady who I don't know said the VAR mistake was correct, that the ref and VAR made a great mistake, each one talking over each other about how important it is to make these great mistakes in key moments, and to get those mistakes right.

I think TNT need to start drug testing their pundits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement