Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jozef Puska guilty of murder of Ashling Murphy (Mod notes and threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

Thank you!

As if I, as a male, bare some responsibility, or should be ashamed of myself, because of that evil bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Musicrules

There have been numerous studies into the mentality behind the movement and they have found a common believe system with other groups. Incel as a term can now incorporate greater manosphere groups, anti-feminists, mens rights groups, pickup artists being examples of these.

You can Google these studies if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Why did he attack her I wonder? Mad or bad?

If rape was the intention, picked a very public place and time of day.

If just murdering a woman or anybody, very odd.

Either way, should be incarcerated for good preferably back in his own country.

If people from one country were responsible for over 90% of rapes and a huge percentage of murders then of course there would be questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

plus stricter border controls ??

He was from Slovakia and hence is as entitled to be in Ireland as you and I / part of the EU .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

I didn't say nothing could be done, quite the opposite in fact. Have very tough sentences for proven murders, rapists, pedophiles etc. Irrespective of their gender. Just be tough on crime.

Same with immigration. Have immigration but have strict check and balances. Have a history of violent assault? Not coming in here pal. And we should assess if accepting refugees from countries where women are treated like sh*te on a shoe or where being gay is a punishable offence is a good idea. Ireland is a modern and Liberal Republic where all citizens are considered equal. Let's keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Get Real

I seriously don't get it. The irony these days that being "progressive" involves serious amounts of engaging in language that actually promotes division.

I don't particularly care what people's views are. But they express those views in a manner completely contrary to principles of acceptance that have been fought for over the last 50 years.

It's almost as if it's okay now to generalise as long as those generalisations support that person's world view. Engaging in the exact behaviour they'd (rightfully) condemn if it was used against them.

No wonder everything is cyclical. When people can't see that they themselves are engaging in generalisations, bias and stereotypes to support their view, it simply gives fuel to the nutter and fringe parties (that I strongly disagree with)

I could sit down with someone and agree with alot of their views, but then they start off using those views to create a divide and it completely goes against what the core beliefs of that view are.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

sorry you are 100% right, I should have said Kieran Cuddihy! It was The Hard Shoulder, his show. I'll edit my post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

The man is a psychopath same as Larry Murphy why are you turning this into an immigration issue. Slovakia is the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How much has/will that parasite cost the taxpayer since he arrived in this country?

it disgusts me that my money will keep him alive for the next couple of decades

shame the death penalty is gone

So how should the men in Ashling Murphy's family feel?

I feel bad for bringing their names into this, but I just find it so offensive and ridiculous that all males bare responsibility.

They should feel angry, sick, disgusted about the man who killed their loved one. As should any man. We should all be disgusted about the men who rape and murder, we should all be trying to do something about it. No matter how small. It's all of us against the men who rape and murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't recall much comment about the man in Sligo who murdered the two men in Sligo, and seriously injured another? I think he had a quarter of a million euro in his house too. He didn't like the sexuality of these men apparently so gruesomely killed them. Ok all murders are gruesome, but the details of those murders were horrific. Not man attacking women, but attacking men in that case.

I just don't know why murders happen. I suppose only the perpetrators know, which might be the reason that crime and murder podcasts, films etc. are so popular. I think people want to know why they do it.

We did something about it, what part of this don't you get? The individual who murdered Aisling Murphy, the only person responsible for her heinous killing, was found guilty of murder in a court of law by a jury of his peers. What more to you want? Public lynchings of random men to satisfy your rage?

• Administrators Posts: 53,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"It's a disgrace, they are trying to generalise and blame all men for this! You can't blame all men for what one man did! Now, let's talk about those immigrants..."

Unfortunately, sums up a lot of the content in this thread. ☹️

Why are you talking about random men? Where have I said anything about random men? I'm talking about men who murder and rape. What can we do to stop these men? Is there something we can do as a society? If you had the chance to save even 1 woman like Ashling would you take it? Again, I don't know the answers but something has to be done. If we all fight together, work together, think together, act together then there's the possibility of at least lessening the opportunity for these men to be created, developed or have the ability to attack. And that's to attack men or women. What's wrong with at least trying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Wow ! What do you mean, my narrative , ffs ?

Its well documented and I can provide numerous links to back it up . Would not say you can provide too much to back up your own.. but you know you can keep it to yourself as I have no wish to engage with you further .

All this discussion of toxic masculinity obviously hitting some nerves , and really is not for now . We have no idea of this creeps background except for superficial bits , nor do I care, just glad he's gone down for this .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

You can't stop a rapist, a murderer or an abuser till they act on their impulses and are caught. Yes there are men out there that give off the wrong/creepy vibes but you can't go locking people up because they give the wrong vibe. There are also men who are so called "pillars of the community" who as far as everyone is concerned are gentlemen until they are exposed as an abuser, rapist or murderer. It doesn't matter how much education is given to both men and women, boys and girls there will be always those that will commit these awful crimes. The only fear they have is being caught and exposed. There is nothing wrong with trying but unless you have something like in the movie minority report or an ability to read minds I don't see how you can stop them. As the saying goes they hide in plain sight, there might be some signs but mostly it is not till they actually do something.

Ranting like this on an online forum won't stop them anyway. Not without offering any actionable solutions. There is likely nothing any of us could have done to stop Josef Puska murdering Aisling Murphy. Only Josef himself could have stopped that.

We could spend more money on policing, get more Gardai back on the streets of our cities, towns and villages. That is a deterrent to the Josef Puskas of the world.

We could have more penal sentences for premeditated murders like this. That would be another deterrent.

We could build more prisons capable of housing people like Puska, who should be incarcerated for life for their heinous crimes.

What we can't be doing is shaming law abiding men for the actions of murderers. Or suggesting restricting the liberty of law abiding men in a futile attempt to stop murderers like Josef Puska. That wouldn't have saved Aisling Murphy and it won't save anyone else.

Also, please don't ask futile questions like 'if you had one chance to save even 1 woman like Aisling would you take it?'. That's hypothetical nonsense. Nothing I could have done other than being at the murder scene at the time of the murder or having clairvoyant prior knowledge of Josef Puskas murderous intentions could have done anything to avert the terrible murder of Aisling.

Aisling's family would be far better served by the public focusing on Josef Puska and the despicable murder he carried out. And the wonderful life Aisling lived until it was cut short by Puska. And then perhaps, pressing our politicians into action to get policing and sentencing of the most serious crimes in Ireland to a place where both are a deterrent to crime.

Howling at the moon about men and shaming us as a sex for the crimes of others who are male is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Was there any evidence given that it was sexually motivated? Not saying it wasn’t. Just don’t remember reading it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Entirety right as the vast majority are very decent and come here to work, but do we have to provide for those who never contributed to the country. He was here living on disability as far as I can make out.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

And ....We could call out misogyny and sexism on social media and other sites when we see it .

Like the poster you are talking to is doing .

There are some people , it would appear , who still don't realise how insidious that type of language is , and how some , who are well aware of its negative power, use it to whip up and twist the discussion ...leading to making it look like very reasonable people are asking for something extraordinary.

It is not too much to ask that people respect other people for who they are and not criticise on the basis of gender, beliefs and race .

Most of us of all gender do this everyday out there in the world without even thinking about it . Credit to good upbringing and education, as well as testament to the person's own character .

That's what I have got from @Musicrules posts and others , and yours as well , so we are agreeing I think ,

It is remarkable how this is even being discussed here today and this leads me to think that there are people who are targeting this thread purely to vent about" how bad men have it " !

They really don't ..and nobody is saying Puska = all men .

You talking about Aishling's family is pointless . The worst imaginable thing has happened already for them and their only , cold , as it is , comfort for them now, is that he is sent down for life .

But do you think that any family would support any maltreatment/ injury of their loved ones , male or female in the future ?

I think all families would be happy for any supports or pamphlets, groups or actions that might prevent the engendering of such violence and violent behaviour in any young person , which might prevent such issues in the future .

If anybody has a problem with such work being done to prevent ALL such violence in our society...well , I don't understand that .

Also discussions in the MS media is no bad thing ...it will find its level and when people stop ringing Joe Duffy or getting aerated about Newstalk or whoever is talking too much sxxx about it they will go away and think about how this affects them and the conversation is open , at least , to discussing the best way forward.

Sorry too long .

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Why are those presenters saying those things? surely they dont believe the crap they are saying? it is so strange to me. im pretty sure they are all in relationships with men so why are they trying to create a women versus men situation here? or is it that they think their boyfriends/husbands are perfect but all other men are creeps? I agree on Kieran Cuddihy, he was pathetic in the discussion, he was the same during the womens world cup, wouldnt hear a word said against the womens team, they could do no wrong.

Back to shrugging our shoulders then? We can't do anything about these men so just let them at it.

How are they created? Are they born this way? Does society grow them? Instead of giving up we need to invest in figuring this out. Found out why some men have rape and murder, why it happens so often etc. Finding out why is a good place to start and then find ways to prevent it. If this comes natural to some men then can that be altered? Can we test for it. Is there something we can do in education, something in family life. The list of things we can try is endless.

Instead of giving up or any of that other rubbish, get behind the effort to stop these men. Everyone against them.

Yes we can also do that, probably best to do it in day to day life as well as on social media. I'm not convinced though that shaming men for crimes committed by other men will prevent said crimes being perpetrated.

The danger is that making sweeping generalised statements about men as a sex, will lead to more incel types lashing out. It's also strange to label Puska as an incel, he wasn't celibate. He is a murderer, big difference.

Murder is murder, sexism is sexism. They cannot be equated. Sexism is wrong but it is wrong also to purporting to be a gateway to murder.

You'll find that the vast, vast majority of men in Ireland are not sexist, not misogynist and in fact respect and love the women in their lives. Picking fights like this won't save a single life.

Not berating the poster either, I'm challenging them on their point of view on the virtues of Irish men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

But practically what can be don’t to stop a crime before it’s comitted short of some sort of sci-fi thought prediction type scenario. Death pen for rape/murder? What can be done in reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement