Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2 Johnnies Late Night Lock In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

The bogger schtick had been done to death by Hector. I thought RTÉ had learned lessons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

As a Tipp man, I cringe when I see them on the telly. Tipp deserves better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Some nobody actor fella who may have had some tiny involvement with Nighthawks back in the day...and is now trying to get his mug back in the papers to shill his new project... has slagged off the 2 Johnnies

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Is that really comparing like with like. All credit to the Two Johnnies but I can’t really imagine them landing an interview that would bring down a government?

In truth, this is really post-pub TV, and probably belongs in a much later slot than 9:30pm, and on a different night of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Ivek no idea who they are and no, I won't take 2 seconds to google them.

Seems to me a.wadte of time.

Sweet jebus but rte will never change. Seemingly unfunny and with guests straight from the canteen.

Rte..change..never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭bullpost

Shite sells these days. The higher you pile it the more of it you'll sell. Just look at Vogue and hubby selling out arenas. World gone mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I knew they were from Tipperary before I heard it confirmed

rube central is Tipp

Awful sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep - Just watched a great interview Shay did with Johnny Thunders on Nighthawks back in the day, with Simon Carmody looking on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Seeing it with the sound off, it has the same look as that show Des Cahill did from GAA clubs around the country in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭supereurope

Yeah, that's been my impression of them too - Johnny B is the funnier and more intelligent of the two, but "Smacks" seems to think he is the star of the show and absolutely hilarious altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Roz Purcell what a sexy babe!! She seems sound too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

What's with the plastic pint glasses?

Where is it shot from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Andrew Maxwell, comedian (not) ,said this was the best pub for a real pint then made a comment about plastic cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Is it somewhere in mitchelstown I heard ,I really enjoyed it tonight ,kimberly great craic ,the liverpool fan with his wife on honeymoon at anfield was gas and The tumbling oaddies not half bad

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Really enjoyed it tonight too. Just a bit of harmless fun, bit cringe at times but enjoyable. I know most of the misery guts around here will say it was shite but it gave me a few good laughs. Some people just love to give out about everything and wouldn’t give it a chance. Did Johnny B not say to Kimberley that the pub was in Meath?

It passes an hour on a Thursday night so not bad.

But the plastic glasses are naf. I'm sure it's real glasses and proper branding they use on Fair City.

It's like RTE don't want to give anybody free advertising on this show, although I saw a Jameson item behind the bar alright.

And if they are going to call it "a lockin" then maybe have it a bit later and at least imply near the end of the show that are actually staying locked in until late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Probably none of the drinks companies would come on board to sponsor the show (a good idea on their parts IMO as there could be blowback) soo consequently RTE will not (or maybe cannot) display any company logos. I bet they had a certain drinks brand from Tipperary in mind when they originally conceived the idea..... obviously.

Agreed, the plastic glasses are naff... and it's more than likely 0% alcohol p1ss in them.

Recording a TV show is a fairly drawn out tedious affair with setups and maybe re-takes etc. soo for approx 40 min of content they might have the audience there for 2 or 3 hours. Just wouldn't work with people drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I heard the crowd went mad with Hit the Diff last week and Marty moon lost the rag ,he kept re taking the song until they got it right no wonder the sweat was rolling off him but fair dues to him he got it spot on in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Grim, grim, grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Arra, it's not that bad. Its actually a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

You are spouting facts! It's amazing how many 'reviewers' on here, side track very quickly into commentary on rural Ireland or the GAA. It's all harmless.

I think people are too spoiled on production values and comedy script writing that's been battered to death with big stars attached and canned laughing.

At worst they could use real glasses. If it's 0.0% so be it. If somebody was seen pulling a few pints behind the bar it would look more genuine too. Even if they were 0.0 stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Where you from yourself, Longford, or God forbid Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

exactly. I flicked over from RTÉ 1 to watch it(only so much rehashing of misery ican take) and it showed a bunch of people having a laugh. None of that heavy "intellectual " comedy favoured by the flip flops and shorts wearing( it's November FFS) D4 crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭techman1

Yea totally agree, it's a bit of fun, RTE had been too poe faced and dull the last few years. I think the Tubridy scandal and all the nepotism has been exposed and now they have been forced to open the curtains and let some fresh air in.

The fact that this show is getting so much slating in the media means they must be doing something right because they are pissing off all the right people.

As for Andrew maxwell he has put on alot of weight he used to be a skinny guy from his last incarnation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Fair play to RTE 2, they are trying and I bet the Students around the country are loving it.

Also a shout out to the comedy show that was on after it. Great to see some of the young Irish Internet stars on TV.

Well done to whoever commissioned both shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it's awful shíte and I think their podcast is good craic. just doesn't work in a TV setting. and get rid of the interviews, nobody cares

Advertisement