Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually would have thought it'd be in Rockstar's best interest to just debut the trailer themselves, even just for the Youtube views, social media engagement etc.

If I was them I'd release the trailer a few days before the Game Awards, then maybe let Keighly also play the trailer again during the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

400,000 likes in an hour for a 'trailer in one month' announcement. The game's going to make a trillion dollars even if the story mode is a three-hour-long throwback to PS3 era piss filter cover shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Tried 3 times to get through gta5 but the jankiness annoyed me on far too many missions, and couldn't be arsed with the online. So it's a big meh from me, which is a shame as great memories of the earlier gtas upto vice city

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

I cannot wait for GTA VI. First trailer early December. So what does that mean game to be released December 2024?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Imagine the reaction if the announcement was that, fúck it, Rockstar figured they'd just go back to top-down cartoon anarchy to save costs & here's the new GTA 6: Chinatown Wars 2 (Arsenal 3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

My favourite excuse when I don't want to go to something. Sorry I've already arranged to go bowling with my cousin 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Embracer Group are at it again. More livelihoods impacted by these incompetent scumbags.

Oof... Yongyea has posted a direct comparison between the Japanese VO and his performance.

WB senior management obviously didn't see the reaction to Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad

So so short-sighted. Not even short-sighted... Plain old oblivious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hey, people need to pay more attention to the wording of that tweet from Rockstar:

"We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto. We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you."

They're basically telling us they're gonna have a few years of teasing and announcing. No games will come out in that period. Well, maybe low effort re-releases, but no new games, just announcements and teasers and trailers.

On serious though, I've lost all respect for Rockstar. I still have no doubt they'll make a good game, but I'm not excited for it, because it'll just devolve into what V was, online focused. Still waiting for that V single player DLC... But as noted above, it won't matter. The game will break records on release even if it's pants. I will be interested to see how they've adapted to the crazieness of the world nowadays. It's 10 years since they released V, a lot has changed, don't think we'll get missions like the torture one, or even playable main characters that may not be considered acceptable today (Trevor). Saints Row fell victim to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The last tweet with the GTA 6 or next GTA or whatever was a follow up to a 25 year Rockstar anniversary tweet thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It was tongue in cheek, I expect it to release next year at some point.

It'll be 2026 by the time it's out on PC. **** R*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man.... I like Yongyea's vids and happy he got this break but he's not a patch on the Japanese va.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I did a lot of taxi driving for someone called Roman Bellic, so I might consider getting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

New Steamdeck model announced with an OLED screen.

The old model Steamdeck has been removed excluding the 256gb model which has dropped in price to €419, the same price as the prior 64gb model.

The two variants of the OLED model are available at the previous price points of 256gb and 512 gb models, €569 and €679, and have 512gb and 1tb of storage.

The discontinued 64gb and 512gb models are currently on clearance until stock is exhausted at €389 and €469 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The 64GB and 512GB of the LCD are still showing as available for me. €369 and €469 respectively.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OLED model looks lovely but can’t really justify an upgrade at that price, tempting though it is. Seems like it’d be 100% the way to go for a new owner though.

Interesting tidbit that Steam Deck 2 is on the way, but will likely be 2-3 years til launch:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

They have to wait to see what Switch 2 does before they finish the design of SD2. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just to add to the Infinite Wealth English dub dogpile, here's some of the karaoke. It probably needs another pass for autotune etc but still😬.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the awards season starts

GOLDEN JOYSTICK AWARD WINNERS 2023

• Best Storytelling - Baldur's Gate 3
    • Still Playing Award - No Man's Sky
    • Best Visual Design - Baldur's Gate 3
    • Studio of the Year - Larian Studios
    • Best Game Expansion - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
    • Best Indie Game - Sea of Stars
    • Best VR Game - Horizon Call of the Mountain
    • Best Multiplayer Game - Mortal Kombat 1
    • Best Audio - Final Fantasy XVI
    • Best Game Trailer - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
    • Best Streaming Game - Valorant
    • Best Game Community - Baldur's Gate 3
    • Best Gaming Hardware - PSVR 2
    • Breakthrough Award - Cocoon / Geometric Interactive
    • Critics' Choice Award - Alan Wake II
    • Best Lead Performer - Ben Starr, Final Fantasy XVI
    • Best Supporting Performer - Neil Newborn, Astarion, Baldur's Gate 3
    • Nintendo Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    • PC Game of the Year - Baldur's Gate 3
    • Xbox Game of the Year - Starfield
    • PlayStation Game of the Year - Resident Evil 4
    • Most Wanted Game - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
    • Ultimate Game of the Year - Baldur's Gate 3

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think TotK is the only one of this year's releases I played so will be abstaining from voting in the boards one again this year. Unless the likes of Immortals Fenyx Rising and Code Veronica are eligible.

So can't comment on Baldur's Gate 3, but I wonder how much recency bias will play into some votes. Not just that some games are fresher in people's memories, but also as everyone knows, people cool of on games and realise their flaws the longer they're out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What else was on PlayStation worth playing this year? It was a very meagre year for PS owners.

Good to see Baldur's gate stomp home with a lot of awards although would have been nice if Armored core 6 got some recognition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ive not played Baldur's gate 3 but it honestly sounds like the best game this year by far

Baldur’s Gate 3 is bloody fantastic with or without recency bias.

I’d raise more of an eyebrow at Starfield winning any kind of Xbox game of the year award in the year HiFi Rush came out 🎸

Yeah I hear Baldur's Gate is great and think in general this year is considered by many as a hard year to predict GotY.

Strangely BG3 wasn't nominated for PS5 and Spider-Man 2 was nominated for voice performance and Ultimate GotY but not for Ps5.

May have been to do with what was voted for by the public and what was voted for by critics. So the public votes were open before Alan Wake and Spider-Man released.

Yeah Spider-Man 2 probably released too close to the awards to have been nominated, and there was Final Fantasy XVI, but personally I didn't enjoy it.

Delighted to see Baldurs Gate 3 do so well though. It's one of the best games I've played in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭McFly85

In such a stellar year it’s no surprise it’s BG3. It’s utterly engrossing and completely mind boggling how much player actions affect the story.

A landmark RPG I’ll be playing for years to come.

Advertisement