Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I think Wilkins mentioned that Hansen may need a small bit of rehab for the ankle but was to be assessed when the got I to camp. Finlay I'd imagine could go straight back if needed but I'm sure there's a bit of catching up with the new calls and plays for all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lancey Howard

Good place to stand/sit in Hide Stadium on Saturday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

That's one colourful European kit

It is interesting 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Somebody got paid to pick that font style. Even worse is that it's an idea stolen from a Galway United training top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

an absolute monstrosity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Who signs off on this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

That's ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I know the Euro jersey is usually a bit different but that is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Not my favourite but there's nothing wrong with trying something a little different. Tbf to Connacht, and BLK in the past, and the other Macron jerseys this year - we're usually spoilt and have some of the nicest gear going. It'll also sell a lot with the younger generation, especially for Xmas. So what harm.

Also I don't think they ripped off the Galway UTD kit. It's very similar to a tracksuit top Macron did with Crystal Palace this season alright though.

• Advertisement

It's actually designed to create nausea in opposition players. Straight outta Rassie's book of tricks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Surprising news about Conway retiring, very good player on his day. Thought he was younger than 32 too.

We should start a pool seeing how long it will take OTB and the rest of the garbage press to start linking players in other provinces to the vacancy. I think it will be before the end of next week. Wonder if it will be Mack or Kilgallon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

15. Tiernan O’Halloran (224)

14. John Porch (80)

13. Byron Ralston (18)

12. Tom Daly (78)

11. Andrew Smith (2)

10. Jack Carty (197) (C)

9. Caolin Blade (173)

1. Peter Dooley (20)

2. Tadgh McElroy (3)

3. Jack Aungier (53)

4. Niall Murray (59)

5. Darragh Murray (10)

6. Cian Prendergast (50)

7. Conor Oliver (65)

8. Seán O’Brien (1)

16. Dylan Tierney-Martin (27)

17. Jordan Duggan (41)

18. Sam Illo (11)

19. Joe Joyce (3)

20. Jarrad Butler (117)

21. Colm Reilly (20)

22. David Hawkshaw (15)

23. JJ Hanrahan (2)

Great to see Porchy back. Can see some game management changes too with Joyce, DTM benching and Forde rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭typhoony

Wilkins playing his card now showing he's willing to rotate and rest players, I think a bonus point loss would be a good result away to Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭typhoony

Means we'll be fully stacked for the SA trip. 2 wins out there is a tough ask but very possible

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

SHL being rested or a problem with the RTP?

We've relied a lot on our 10/12/13 in the opening games, not convinced by this selection, fear Edinburgh are getting an easy ride here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

As typhoony says this team selection is more an indicator of who will be travelling to SA and those that won't. It's clear that Connacht are more focused on those two games than the Edinburgh game. And that's ok. It's a long season. Maybe one question I would have is when does Prendergast get a rest?

Keep the eyeballs on O'Brien, fantastic ball carrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

I would say he stands out more as a ball handler. He's got brilliant timing when it comes to drawing and passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

No where near the same level but stylistically the player I think of is Kieran Read

He was brilliant at u20's level. I hope it goes well for him.

Is Paul Boyle down the depth chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Boyle is only just back from injury I think. Seem to remember seeing it somewhere this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dark kits again is a joke

Connacht resting some players tonight. Not even including the internationals. While Edinburgh look pretty close to full strength. Getting any points from this would be decent I think.

Very very sloppy start. Lineouts lost, handling errors. I think 3 Connacht players have been ripped in the first 7 minutes. One leading to the Edinburgh try.

The handling is atrocious so far. Some of the mistakes aren't due to the conditions, just pure naivety.

We're so innocent at the breakdown. Getting bullied off our own ball for a second weekend in a row.

Porch very unlucky there. Great pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Edinburgh go to counter ruck, all go off their feet and block any attempt from Connacht and they stil get a scrum.

Advertisement