Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sh1tmas market has opened

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I like scrolling through tiktok, I find it relaxing, entertaining, funny and at times even educational.

however the number of tiktokers now who I started following and enjoying because of being entertaining, funny, educational interesting etc who are just whoring themselves for product placements now… A few minutes ago I swiped onto a girl who was starting off her usual lighthearted social observation comedy thing… she is holding a small glass bottle… “ ahh here we go, another one “… I think to myself.

I’m not wrong as 90 seconds later following her funny preamble she is showing, talking about and hawking a small bottle of cheap budget perfume….. that retails online I’m seeing for on average around 16/17 euros a bottle. And is being hawked left right and centre everywhere online…tiktok, YouTube and banners on various websites too…. E*****e Vault….the one with the numbers on the label to show which fragrance…

marketing dressed up as marketing im ok with but sneaking advertising into social media posts & videos having built a following based on social comedy skits, genuine content and having the craic is a bit…😴

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm so fcuking tired, so it suits me down to the ground that I have absolutely no plans for this evening other than vegetating on the couch. But I also feel weirdly antsy and a bit cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof. It's very annoying.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dropped into the fire there coming in to work jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Looking at buying a red light torch because I spotted a wee hedgehog in my parent’s garden. It costs 5, something but 30 with P&P .

I wanted to put out a few worms and dogfood for it .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When you meet a car on a narrow backroad and pull in and let them pass and they don't acknowledge you.

YOU'RE F*CKING WELCOME YOU C*NT.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cat food for hedgehogs, not dog food. Beef, not chicken and definitely not fish.

And if it's dry food, especially, don't forget the water.

If you see it again and you can catch it to weigh it (or post a pic with something beside it for scale, at least) and it's less than 600g, please call a wildlife rescue as it won't be able to survive the winter otherwise.

Fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I had a very good, productive, enjoyable and nice week but I’m tired as fûck and would have really appreciated a ‘do nothing’ sort of weekend…. Alas there is family stuff on and I’m expected… it will be enjoyable once it kicks off, I’m just mehhh at the idea of it, getting ready, getting there and, the effort, ughhh…..

my neighbours, since 10.20am, today, Saturday and once again there is some DIY / home improvement project happening that is determined to break some sort of domestic decibel world record….forever at it, yet they live there over a decade. Every other weekend… hammering, dragging, sawing, smashing, drilling and assortments of uproar and pandemonium… and yet, the place looks identical. One of the lads has a hearing issue and that’s a contributory factor but he also has a fuçking watch and it would be nice if he could say… “ well it’s Saturday, that can wait till after lunch or midday at least “

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

He's building an underground lair. Like Snoopy has in his dog house. It's the only possible explanation.

• Advertisement

If I’d had known that I’d have offered to pay for soundproofing 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

WTF is Samuel L Jackson doing shilling English bread on tv

WTF is Schwarzenegger doing advertising Parkside stuff and Gerard Butler and other celebrities advertising safety shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

A toothpick would be better as it's non-conductive.. Don't want to risk shorting something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

Got home from work this morning, watched one show, bed by nine or so, woke up a few times, slept very late for me, about six this evening and all I'm fit for is bed again. Definitely feeling getting older.

It depends. Does that neighbour also go to his roof with his typewriter and writes stories that start with "It was a dark and stormy night"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

^I presume the actors' strike meant Samuel L., Arnie and Gerard were at a loose end and could do with some extra cash.

I mentioned somewhere I was delighted to finally break away from Sky, think I may have even been happy about it! Well a month in I am still trying to actually cancel the account, despite them requiring written notice, you can only do it by phone 🤷‍♀️ and they are only open Mon-Fri 9-5, so not conducive to anyone with a job finding time. Finally got time to call and the hoops I had to jump though, took 25 minutes to get them to finally cancel and they have the gall to charge me for another month for a service they haven’t been providing since October!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Looks like most of those add campaigns with those actors go back at least a year. But you would wonder why they need the extra cash?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

People who disappear from WhatsApp conversations without excusing themselves only two days later to reply to your last message as if no time has elapsed,, any form of unreliable communication really is a TA…

the usual suspect initiated conversation at about 10.45 am yesterday… fun lighthearted etc… they enquired about a social occasion we’d both be scheduled to attend…. My last message is read hours later by them and 27 hours later there is no reply….. but as always it will be just a continuation of the conversation whenever…. They are a discernibly honest, normal fun, and sincere person in every manner of their life but seemingly they are notorious for being a lousy communicator and others have commented on it… “ if you want to talk to her tomorrow you better call her yesterday “ was one observation…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Digital clutter. Cut all that crap out of your life that is costing you time and money, collecting data on you and can be hacked. I think I have about 3 pages of online accounts that I'm dropping one by one until only the essential ones are left. It's a head wrecker. It's gotten to the stage where I'm trying to manage kids accounts and partners accounts now as well.. Would wreck your head.

I’m being spammed again . Emails from girls who “ have a great work ethic “ with , what I presume, is a sexy photo .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Weather warnings

It was raining with a little bit of wind that was all. This is right in the middle of the "red" times. I have gone for runs in a lot worse weather

On the plus side it was the quickest I ever got into work and the barriers on the east link were open so no charge. Although the guy in the lane beside me was trying to swipe his card 🤣

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

Seawall fell out the road, buses and businesses postponed operations and yet again people parked in sea facing carparks.. How do people actually still do this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A little bit of bad weather and the whole country stops!! Bus Eireann services were suspended this morning until 9am so I got the Carolan 191 bus which was warm, comfortable and had no bother whatsoever getting into Dublin City centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Our school is closed until 10:30. They were told to open at 10 but apparently the teachers are coming in at 10 but are incapable of dealing with children until 10:30 🙄

No fear of the time being made up at the other end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who put their wheelie bins out the night before when there's a red wind warning in place really are a special class of dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Murderers getting a by-ball and praise, but only if they kill themselves after the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who try and rush you at your job because they didn't pay for parking and are worried about getting clamped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement