Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Tork

He has probably been leaving tide marks and make-up stains on everything he wears for years. But because he doesn't do his own laundry or change his own sheets it didn't even register with him. It was only when he wore a mask that he came face to face (ha!) with his own debris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

probably has somebody to wipe his fat arse too cause there's no way he could reach it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Surely he could hire, you know, an actual make up person to do the fake tan for him?

I mean, jesus, even I could blend better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Probably got so used to the studio make up and how it made him look better on camera. He only thinks in terms of TV exposure, not reality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would also mean that issues other than ones which only interest pensioners would get onto the radar of politicians. If they have to canvas for votes from a wider age spectrum it would benefit far more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fake electors appear allergic to CNN, so does TPUSA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I wonder what he’s doing on losers day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't believe that Donald Trump is so delusional, or blind or senile that he genuinely believes the fake tan looks good in the conventional sense. He also probably knows that his hair doesn't look good in the conventional sense.

Why the hell does he keep them, then?

Trump, if nothing else, understands the power of branding. The fake tan and the hair is fugly but also extremely memorable. Pair that with the tacky gold apartment and the plastic wife, and it becomes almost like an impressionist painting of what a yuppie is. It's not exactly what yuppies looks like, but it somehow viscerally taps into the feeling of what a yuppie is and what every temporarily-embarrassed-millionaire American aspires to be. The hair, the tan, the gait, the voice, the hand expressions - it's all part of a desire of Trump to control whatever space he's in - to be a domineering, brutal presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Honestly I think it's a bit like why Kennedy did it to a milder degree. To cover up how unwell he looks overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭combat14

well he was democratically elected as president of the most powerful country in the world in 2016 against all the odds (no one would believe it) if that doesnt count as victory im not sure what does

he came very close to winning again in 2020 some believe he did actually win that election it doesnt matter now

and at present he is a front runner to go up against joe firing on all cylinders biden in 2024 so we will all have to see what victory really looks like next year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don't really care about Trump's hair or his fake tan.

My concern is that there seems to be a real chance that he will win next year. I believe that Biden needs to step aside, due mainly to the perception by so many that he is too old not due to his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Define 'close'. Trump himself claimed his victory over Hilary was a landslide, yet Biden beat him by a larger margin in the electoral college and an even bigger one when you take in the popular vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭combat14

here's a few news articles from last week that define 'close'

bidens age, war and the economy seem to be serious factors

CNN Poll: Trump narrowly leads Biden in hypothetical rematch

Trump Leads in 5 Critical States as Voters Blast Biden, Times/Siena Poll Finds

The 2024 Polls Agree: Trump Has a Significant Lead Over Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Polls don’t matter.They’ve been wrong so often that they may be disregarded.

Polls said Brexit would fail & Hilary would win, for two.

I think we should

look at recent elections. The red wave” failure & the most recent democrat wins. Also, I cannot see how Trump is going to increase his vote on 2020, I think they’re hoping for a collapse in Bidens vote.

I never hear of GOP policies, just Trump talking about what a crook Biden is, without actually ever accusing him of something, as that would be libellous. Or how he’ll stick the feds on his opponents.

I think people want to get behind a bit of positivity for a change. And the GOP don’t offer any positivity as far as I can see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

... And he refused to believe that he'd actually lost the popular vote despite winning the electoral college, so launched a enquiry into that. He's such a sore loser that even when he wins he gets in a huff about it and complains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Economics101

Can you or anyone else who thinks Biden should step aside name one Democrat who you would be confident could beat him?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,500 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Robert Kenneddy junior is polling 20% among registered voyers. The last three independents that did that Ross Perot, John Anderson and George Wallace while Ansernson did not effect the outcome of the election Wallace and Perot definately did.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/11/politics/robert-kennedy-rfk-2024-election-outcome/index.html.

How will Robert Kenneddy effect the outcome is a hard question to answer but it is hard to see him not effecting the democratic vote

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

It's too late to be putting a replacement forward. Harris isn't a strong enough profile to win, plus I highly suspect that largely misogynistic USA is far from ready to let a woman run their country. I think the Dems learned their lesson with Hillary and it'll be another few elections before they push a female candidate. Biden's a strong candidate, with a good record to back it up. As said previously, polls are pointless this far out. Trump is bulk-dumping polls on Truth Social almost everyday. The desired effect of course being that the Dem voters think they're beaten, so don't bother to vote. However, it has often spectacularly backfired, fiercely mobilising the opposition vote, coupled with a complacency amongst voters who don't mobilise expecting their own candidate to win in a landslide. Trump will lose this election, and lose big, I predict. The only way he could possibly win is serious illness or death of Biden before they go to the polls. I would imagine the domestic terror threat against Biden is near it's highest and will go into critical mode in the aftermath of another potential election win in a democracy that has seen four presidents assassinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He mostly bleeds into the loony GQP supporters.

Given the latest polls, would you still say this is true?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kennedy's views are as, if not more, likely to appeal to Trump voters then Democrat ones. If anything there's probably more risk of a Republican split vote from his inclusion than a Dem one; can't see too many centrists voting for him when his views get more airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭nachouser

I would have thought someone like Gavin Newsom would be a good candidate? Granted, I don't know much about US politics, but could Biden even endorse him, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. It would take the age thing out of the conversation.

"In 2023, Newsom launched Campaign for Democracy, a PAC to take on authoritarian leaders. It is thought to be a starting point for a possible 2028 presidential bid." (from Wikipedia)

2028 might be too late:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Newsome certainly is a possibility for '28, but not '24.

Funny to see Jill Stein back in the mix, nothing shady about her whatsoever

Imagine if AOC decided to throw her hat in the ring. I'm well aware that this would almost certainly not happen, and I understand that AOC has already endorsed Biden, but I'm just thinking of the sparks that would fly by running someone almost the polar opposite of Trump.

Whoever runs on the Democratic ticket needs to run on a strong message because the nature of politics seems to be such that you can be as toxic as you want while in power and still have a chance of getting reelected after a few years pass and memories fade. Look at what that did for Fianna Fail here. Even Bertie has been eyeing a comeback. So, this is what Trump is banking on in the USA. You'd think all the indictments would sink him, but he's working off the bed of nails theory where because there have been myriad controversies around him, no one issue has any real impact, and people are fatigued of hearing about them anyway, and that's just the people who don't believe that it's all some nefarious conspiracy to keep him out of office.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I could see AOC running in the future, but not now, she'll have that base sanders level support but will ultimately be unsuccessful at getting on the ballot, such is the fate of any slightly left of centre politician in American national politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

It depends what your definition of 'well' is. Is she polling well for someone raised as a Sikh, South Asian American female within a largely racist, misogynistic, bible waving party electorate race? Probably. A lot of women like her, within the Republican voters. However, the only hope she has is if Trump gets removed from the race by dropping out, dying or being legally removed...none of which are probable. Even at that, De Santis would most likely win. There's a few on that ticket most likely staying in the race for a position in Donnie T's cabinet, she and Scott come to mind, with Ramaswamy in it to raise his profile for non political purposes and Christie running to get a job in the left of centre media world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement