Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is an interview of the former US ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, on Aljazeera yesterday.

Guarantee none of us have seen an interview anything remotely close to it on most widely watched television news channels most of us watch.

The former ambassador makes one clear point that he has no time for the UN, he flat out says it.

Also, when the argument starts getting away from him, he tries what some on here have tried, and plays the holocaust denier and antisemitism cards. He tried this on the right interviewer though as Lamont Hill called him out on it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I mentioned yesterday it's a bit shocking just how hardline and radicalised these pro-Israel supporters sound. They are very much at the extreme end of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Same one that celebrated the 9/11 attack and is banned from entering Gaza. A politician from the Norwegian Red party, which once supported the Taliban attacking Norwegian soldiers. Pass.

Send the IDF a note and ask them to speed things up? So, someone other than Hamas perpetrated the attacks (despite all the footage showing Hamas fighters attacking, from their own cameras?)

• Advertisement

"Gaza was very like pre-WWII concentration camps until October. People there were leaving it to work in Israel etc. Now it's like the WWII places of execution we know the concentration camps to have been, because the genocide has begun."

Uhh, no. It isn't like WWII death camps. Not even slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Maybe read my posts a few times to see nowhere did I imply Hamas didn't carry out the attacks.

This lack of evidence of Hamas infrastructure within Gaza (which is what I was referring to) is similar to the absence of WMD in the weeks/months after the start of the second Gulf war.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

This is just one of many reports of attacks on the Al Shifa hospital… now patients are Hamas too??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

No, but I've lived in Islamic Country's for 20+ odd years. ( Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria ect. ) And I've had the good fortune to meet some of the best people ever, and yes they were Muslims. On the down side, I've met some of the worst people in the world, who were also Muslims. They had one thing in common, though the Quran. And as my Wahhabi friend explained, everything is contained in the Quran, so people will take the parts they are drawn to. There's two parts in the Quran, what was written in the early stages by Mohammad when he was in Mecca, and a minority voice starting out and are called the " peaceful verses". ( interesting read " The Satanic Verses," by Salman Rushdie from that time) and the 2nd part was written in Medina, where Mohammads teaching took on a more forceful, violent tone. ( by then he had a army backing him) Its largely from these verses that Wahhabi's, ISIS, Taliban etc. take the justification for the atrocities they commit. But you will find it interesting no doubt, and would be good if you took the time to post an occasional update? But in case this might not suit the thread, feel free to PM me if you like, as I'd be interested in your take.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's not done for that at all. Have you seen the ochrs report on the west bank and on how incredibly limited the movement of Palestinians is because of Israeli intervention

Now imagine that by many factors in Gaza.

They shot dead children playing on beach a few years ago from boats a little off the Gaza coast.

They built an iron wall around Gaza, control their airspace and basically patrol their coast and don't allow them use it.

If it's not a concentration camp, it's no more than an open air prison

Concentration camps existed before the Holocaust. They were not created to solely target Jewish people. They've existed since, and we are in effect seeing one in action in Gaza

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

There was a claim tonight that Hamas will not let the hospital accept fuel. There can no doubt that Hamas want the people in that hospital to suffer, and will be doing all they can to make sure that happens, is filmed and broadcast.

Didn't say death camps, they said concentration camps. There is a difference.

The following were purpose built camps specifically for killing Jews

They were extermination camps.

1. Chełmno (in operation December 1941-January 1945)
    2. Bełżec (in operation March-December 1942)
    3. Sobibór (in operation May-July 1942 and October 1942-October 1943
    4. Treblinka (in operation July 1942-August 1943)
    5. Majdanek (in operation September 1942-July 1944)
    6. Auschwitz-Birkenau (in operation March 1942-January 1945)

Concentration camps included Dachau and a few others and were yes for Jews but for political prisoners, communists, homosexuals, roma, Jehovah's witnesses and a handful of other people of various ethnic and religious backgrounds.

So yes, Gaza is very much operating like various concentration camps in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, if you mean some of the loonier versions that can be found in America, the land of extremist everything, like the Westboro Baptist Church ( or other examples world wide ) or the major split caused by the Protestant Reformation? Sure these all took place. But as many and extreme as they may be, in today's world, are there any of them advocating death and destruction as can still be found in Quran? Or death to those who leave the Religion? Because if you can find some Churches / Congregations' preaching those kind of things then for sure, they are not followers of Christ, no matter what they call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Aragh stop. Claim indeed. Israel said this. Netanyahu said this and is a complete clown and a lunatic. They are trying to control the bad PR.

Deliver the damn fuel and see if the hospitals use it. Israel have many of the hospitals surrounded. Deliver the fuel or turn on the power.

Just look at your logic. If Hamas wanted the hospitals to have no fuel, wouldn't they have dumped it ages ago.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You don’t know, and nor do I.

What do you think would help Hamas more than anything right now?

This is what the idiot said. He has been talking rubbish for weeks.

Netanyahu was asked if Israel has a plan to get fuel into Gaza to power hospitals. “We just offered Shifa hospital the fuel, they refused it,” Netanyahu said.

“Hamas, (which) is hiding in the hospitals and placing itself there, doesn’t want the fuel for the hospital ... they want to get fuel that they’ll take from the hospitals to their tunnels, to their war machine.”

If you believe that Israel kindly offered some fuel to one hospital that is hitting the headlines, you are gullible.

According to Gaza’s Ministry of Health, 18 hospitals have been put out of service since the war began, either because they ran out of fuel or due to bombardments.

How come the idiot PM never offered fuel to the other hospitals? Give over, you are being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Why would Israel offer anything to Palestine?

This is war. Get the civilians out of the hospital and turn it upside down. Hunt every last hamas terrorist. Never again will they attempt an Oct 7th

Sounds reasonable to me. Hamas have far more to gain from images of dead babies than Israel does. And there’s the inconvenient matter of the operations centre at that location - bravely hiding behind sick people, do you condemn that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Is it worth bothering to reply to this? Probably not really. But suffice to say that if all the injured and sick were magically moved from the hospital tomorrow to a big tend along the Gaza fence where Israel have de-facto control, then there would be no more strikes on the hospital.

The imaginary Hamas HQ under the current hospital would be replaced with the myth of the new HQ under the tent after the Zionists hit the tent with airstrikes.

Israel is just on a murderous genocidal rampage. No amount of gaslighting can cover that up

So according to the Ministry of Health/Hamas (which has fuel reserves hidden away), their beloved citizens in hospital have no fuel.

and you think you aren’t being played?

Yes I condemn every single military facility under any hospitals in Gaza if they are there. Israel need to prove it before bombing these hospitals. Hamas are violating international law by locating military facilities under hospitals. If they are there.

Netanyahu never sounds reasonable by the way. Believing his disingenuous response to a question like that is gullible. Who exactly said No on this Hamas hotline?

According to Gaza’s Ministry of Health, 18 hospitals have been put out of service since the war began, either because they ran out of fuel or due to bombardments.

How come the idiot PM never offered fuel to the other hospitals?

To think that the entire Israeli military mission in Gaza is centred on killing immobile patients and babies in a hospital is nonsensical.

Israel are hunting hamas who are entrenched in tunnels throughout Gaza. Tunnels paid for by taxing the civilian population. Hunt them down , no stopping this time.

If you don't believe this that is your opinion although you are wrong best of luck to you.

We were a couple of weeks into this and the Israeli propaganda machine were printing aerial photographs of supposed massive Hamas fuel storage tanks. The type of things you'd see at a national facility or else an oil refinery

Strangely enough, I didn't see any questions from the media publishing the photos as to why nurseries and residential blocks full of families and kids were higher up the Israeli priority list for destruction than supposed Hamas massive fuel reserve tanks.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-gaza-photos-show-half-million-liters-of-fuel-held-by-hamas/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have no particular opinion on the matter. I don't know what Hamas knows and I don't know what the IDF knows. Neither do I know what may be proven in time to come by any third parties. What I do know is that the Laws of War are never as cut and dried as some would like it to be, and that they permit a lot more than some folks might like.

To think that the entire Israeli military mission in Gaza is centred on killing immobile patients and babies in a hospital is nonsensical.

Perhaps just a bit of R&R for the zionist soldiers then maybe? A way to unwind after a hard weeks work of punching playschool coordinates into missile launch systems. It's probably a pain in the hole having to check and recheck that you didn't get a digit wrong on the GPS coordinates before you hit the launch button. Get a few hours off at the weekend with a high powered sniper rifle and allowed to take out a few hospital patients as a reward?

You actually do know how nonsensical it is.

Israel won't stop this time and when it's over they need to cut all ties with Palestine.

• Advertisement

Their bloodlust is indeed nonsensical.

But they won't stop until their buddies in the West - such as the US - finally shout "stop".

How many people know that in the 1960's, Israel tested the American "loyalty" by attacking and killing dozens of its military (injuring about 200 others) in what is rumoured to be simply that - a test of how much the US would bend over to support them? Because if you can attack them and kill their people, yet they are willing to hush it up and still support you, then you know there is nothing you can do to threaten their support.

Advertisement