Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Toothachey.

Just why.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh no, I hope it eases. Good to hear from you even if it's not a good update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Very tired today. Took the dog for a walk. Now out having a coffee.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling at home after meeting my dear old mate for our regular Sunday walk in the Phoenix Park earlier this afternoon.

Lovely and sunny out, but just missed a heavy shower as I got home! 🍂🍂🌧

Wonderful Autumn colours on display.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trees going to get very nekkid in the west tonight/tomorrow with incoming blowy air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes, storm Debs

Oh, Deborah, do you recall?

Your house was very small

With wood chip on the wall

When I came 'round to call

You didn't notice me at all

This is Hardcore is Pulps best song, fite me 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Batten down the hatches!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

My favourite "Deborah" song from Dave Edmunds:

There's a girl living in this town

She's a fox and she knows it well

All the fellows for miles around want to get her but they never will

Just to have a girl with so much class

They'd crawl a mile over broken glass

And she'd let em do it just for a game

Deborah's her name

Deborah

Heart breaking love making connoisseur

Deborah

Deborah's her name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Looks like Cork will be spared the worst, but everyone in her path best hunker down. Deborah looks like one mean b***h!

Deskside here, just got the red wine cake in the oven. Got a weird feeling about the whole thing.

Lazy day otherwise, taking it easy seems to be the order of the day for me lately...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking at my schedule for the week, nothing I need to be apprehensive of.. no health care / dental appointments, nothing I need to get, nowhere I need to be, no birthdays, social engagements, last minute shopping or anything…. Continue my Christmas shopping if the fancy takes me….but otherwise I think I’ll settle on having an enjoyable one…

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I cannot tag anyone, everytime I choose a poster it changes to some other poster...so Mam and Calla, Sky Documentaries, Six Silent Killings, Irelands Vanishing Triangle, 2 episodes, nothing really new but definitely worth a watch.

I had a brilliant weekend, winding down with pizza, chips and a glass of wine. The weeks are flying by, Christmas party very soon, where has this year gone..🤔

One of my Facebook 'friends ' has just posted photos of her Christmas tree and decorations, seriously, ffs, I might have to pour another glass. 🙄🙄🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Someone I know put up their tree last night. I can't get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Anyone with a Christmas tree up needs their head examined. I bought a new one yesterday and it's still in the fooking boot of the car. My birthday is next week. From childhood through teens and into my twenties there was nothing Christmas related in the shops. Now I have a Christmas birthday! Think I'll have a beer! Late school start tomorrow.

Frustrated. Cake broke apart when I removed it from the form. Probably didn't wait long enough for it to cool down. Broke down the middle though, so the halves are at least salvageable. Just finished putting the chocolate icing on and removed a slice for "quality control" 😁 Will post a picture & recipe later, if ye want.

Im dying to know what it tastes like..what's the verdict?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

A bit too chocolatey for my taste, the cocoa powder I used was probably a bit too intense and overpowers the cinnamon a little, but it's definitely reminiscent to how my mom used to make it.

Here's the recipe, by the way:

Red Wine Cake

(As per my late mom)

Ingredients:

• 5 eggs
    • 300 g butter
    • 300 g sugar
    • 2 packages vanilla sugar (I used two small tea spoons of vanilla extract, should have the same effect)
    • 1.5 tea spoons cocoa
    • 1.5 tea spoons cinnamon
    • 150 g chocolate crumbles or flakes ( in German Schokoladen-Streusel)
    • 300 g flour
    • 1 package baking powder (16g)
    • 1/8 litre (125ml) dry red wine
    • Fat and breadcrumbs for form

Preparation:

• Stirr eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla sugar with electric mixer
    • Add cocoa, cinnamon and chocolate crumbs
    • Add flour and baking powder
    • Lastly add red wine
    • Grease the form well and cover with bread crumbs (this dough loves to stick to the form and breaks easily)
    • Bake in pre-heated oven
    • Normal oven appr. 200 0 C ; convection oven appr. 180 0 C Duration appr. I h 15 and 1 h 30 depending on the oven
    • Test with wooden stick. If nothing clings to the stick and the cake smells likes Christmas with chocolate, it should be done.

Sounds lovely thomil, enjoy. What did you do with the leftover red wine? 🤔😁🍷

I still need some for the second attempt I'm going to do later this week 😁

Red wine cake? Duvet will add all the wine 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I remember darina Allen saying that sugar nowadays is sweeter than yrs ago and they have had to adjust old recipes to reduce sugar quantities.

Cheeky pup...I think I'd actually find it difficult to pour wine into a cake mixture rather than a glass.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

• agh I hate when cakes do that. It might have broken or split in the middle while baking if there was too much leavening agent. It causes the cake to rise too fast so it ends up splitting.

Could also be the oven was a bit too high, either tend to cause that. It drives me demented so I bought an oven thermometer the dials are often just close enough I guess..

One bit of advice. Just use regular cocoa powder, no need to go for some sort of dedicated baking cocoa. Found that out the hard way...

• Advertisement

Advertisement