Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the only ones responsible for killing that family are the israely military.

israel is not in a state of war formal or otherwise, they are simply claiming it to justify border expansion.

it is israel who are chosing war with lebanon because they have been trying to take territory from it for decades, lebanon is simply defending itself from israely border expansion and as the military are not able to put up a strong defense a molissia are being used to carry out gurrilla tactics.

israel may have bombed lebanon back to the stone age but that is all they were able to do, their ground forces suffered very heavy losses and they were sent back over the border.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Civilians captured by one side are hostages.

Civilians captured by other side are not hostages.

And an unnamed, unidentified marchers amongst thousands is somehow equivalent to a countries PM speaking officially.

Do you see how ridiculous these arguments are when laid out in black and white? These are the hoops you're jumping through to justify Palestinians being killed.

No wonder you're refusing to explain your logic, no one could do so objectively.

reports from years ago does not constitute proof of what is happening now, just that something happened years ago.

ergo, israel have no proof for their claims of what is happening now.

You're asking me how I would act in a hypothetical situation which hasn't occurred. You should realize that if that is where you need to go to in order to try to negate my argument, you've already lost.

P.S. the issue the provocative home secretary alluded to didn't occur. It was fear mongering and all she did was rile up racists who showed themselves for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

From years ago right up to now.

Even hamas released their own videos showing these tunnels.

The proof is being laid out in front of you but instead the pointless contraian is the route you have chosen.

Goodnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭Cordell

Let's figure out the marches first, once you admit that they are in fact pro Hamas anti-Israel marches we can discuss the other points.

it was a full war, started by israel who engaged in incursions across the border into lebanon.

they heavily bombed the country but their ground forces suffered such heavy losses that they had to withdraw as public opinion in israel was turning against it's government.

israel's ground forces won't win any war with lebanon because gurrilla tactics by hesbolla will inflict very heavy losses, hence israel will only have air strikes at their disposal and given they have lost the war for public opinion in relation to the genocide of palestine, they will lose the same with their attempt to genocide lebanon.

lebanon simply defend themselves against israely aggression, if israel stayed within it's borders as set out in 1948 they would have no issues.

Lol. Try again.

You think millions of people worldwide simultaneously decided to display their allegiance to Hamas?

Not even Israeli PR outlets are claiming this, that's how wide of the mark you are.

I'll take your desire to not respond to the other points as the lack of a valid response you've shown it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So far, 2 weeks into the ground invasion, the IDF have released zero footage of tunnels under buildings like schools, mosques, health facilities (the buildings they be bombing) etc...

Nobody is saying there's no tunnels in Gaza, but the IDF bombing buildings and refugee camps, killing civilians and their justification is that there's tunnels and bunkers under them, yet zero evidence of said tunnels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lebanon has 8bn in its reserves. A currency devalued by 90%, it doesn't even have a Permanent central bank head. It is a barely functioning State as is. If it goes to war against Israel, it won't even be that for 30 years to come.

The northern border was fairly peaceful since 2006 and the last significant Hezbollah attack.

That's purely on Hezbollah.

It might be necessary for Israel after a war, to draw a short straight line from Golan to Tyre and take it as a security buffer,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Did you specifically join Boards today to inform people what is Israeli propaganda and what isn’t?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They will destroy it from the air, level every bridge, every military installation. Every police station , every power station, every state owned asset or govt building, every port. Every fishing harbour, Every barracks, every lorry that tries to enter or leave the country all communications, roads airports, everyone in a state uniform from the lollypop lady up, think what's happening in Gaza but gloves off and with a matter of urgency.

They may or may not send in soldiers after a few months of that, there might not be much left.

They did get a bloody nose in 2006, no doubt.

Difference now is that Israel is in a state of war, if they meet stiff resistance, they keep escalating the response till it is destroyed and given the severity of the threat there really isn't a line there, treat Beirut like 1944 Berlin? They won't be under prepared reservists in too few numbers and supplies, the opposite

The damage to Israel would be immense too, the barrage of rockets will overwhelm their defenses.

The calls to end Beirut will be very loud when Tel Aviv has been well ripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

RTE's The Week In Politics said the reason Tony Connelly is in Tel Aviv and not Gaza is that the regime won't allow him or any international journalists into the area. Are they afraid that their multiple lies and falsehoods about what is actually happening there will be exposed? If hospitals in Gaza are full of Hamas fighters and weapons, surely the regime would want hundreds of international reporters there to verify this.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Interesting. I guess Hezbollah has its finger much closer to the pulse than Hamas. Hezbollah knows full well that they would be exterminated if they got involved.

Now all we in this thread can do is wait. Wait for Hamas to be gone. Hopefully it will be done with the least number of civilian (mostly children) deaths possible. But it has to be done at any cost now. Hamas leadership gave humanity no other option. They will continue to kill Jews forever more if it was up to them.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Hezbollah know if they drag Israel into a full scale war the US carrier group off their coast won't be just sightseeing.

When the US Secretary of State says: “Far too many Palestinians have been killed. Far too many have suffered these past weeks,”

I think we're past the least number of civilian deaths possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

"u're asking me how I would act in a hypothetical situation which hasn't occurred"

Yes I am,for the third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

We're already far past the "least number of civilian deaths possible", especially when it comes to children who are being massacred by the Israelis at a rate never seen anywhere in the world in a great many years. And there is absolutely zero chance that these continual atrocities and crimes against humanity that the Israelis are committing will see an end Hamas, it will only turn far more of those who survive to extremism as they will come to the conclusion that the only way to fight the extreme terrorism of the Israelis is with retaliatory terrorism of their own, as it looks more and more to them that Israel will continue to kill Arabs forever more if nothing is done to fight back.

I disagree. I feel the extermination of the evil Hamas might, just might, be the start of a meaningful peace. I just hope Gazans generally agree to this now. They didn't do themselves any favour voting in terrrorists as their rulers. What is it that is said about peoples? They get the rulers they deserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

Is it like the pre-WWII camps then? Find something to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

Fair enough, let's just agree to disagree if you don't think too many children have been murdered and if you choose to cling onto an extremely simplistic view that mass murdering people and terrorising them is somehow going to stop terrorism rather than cause it (and lets not forget that Israel created and fostered Hamas both indirectly by brutalising and terrorising the Palestinians and pushing them to extremism, and directly by funding Hamas and helping them to power in order to weaken the PLO)

• Advertisement

I think the innocent men, women and children in Gaza under 35 years old who were too young to vote for Hamas may say differently.

Then again you could say the same about Israelis, they potentially elected a war criminal to power. But you wouldn't tar all Israeli's with the same brush like you do with Gazans?

Actually I fully agree with you. It's terrible from both ways.

If Israel is going to continue to bomb hospitals and its supporters agree with it, then there needs to be a ceasefire and all patients moved to Israeli hospitals or international hospital ships.

I rationalize this as Israel as a whole feeling that it's very existence is at risk.

So they have ,in their eyes to defend themselves in the most expedient way.

Sure ,some among them may enjoy the feeling of revenge or just punishment (with collateral damage that may ethically be attributed to their enemies ) but even if they were merely dispassionate about the need to protect their country and people (which cannot really be dispassionate at any level).. even then they might still choose the same path of "I hate to do this but there is no choice.It is for the best"

Why are they in this place where they may think their very existence is in peril?

Blame on both and all sides but here ,I believe is where they are.

It is hard to expect the highest moral behaviour from those who feel their backs are to the wall(especially if they have not exhibited moral behaviour in the time preceeding this terrible event)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hezbollah does not want a full scale war with Israel. It's obvious from Nasrallah's speeches. He has avoided declaring an all out war on two occasions. It's almost as if there is a tacit understanding that a certain level of attacks wil be tolerated to avoid a full scale war. You might not like to admit it but Israel are keen to avoid a full scale war too. As it would involve much higher casualties for them than the current war against Hamas.

However no one is wiping Israel out. Why do you keep persisting with this canard? Israel has one of the most powerful armies in the world, who just happened to be backed up by the strongest army in the world. This is likely why there has been no wider conventional war to date and there won't be in future.

Do you rationalise in this manner for Palestinians too or just Israelis?

I rationalize this as Palestine as a whole feeling that it's very existence is at risk.

So they have ,in their eyes to defend themselves in the most expedient way.

Sure ,some among them may enjoy the feeling of revenge or just punishment (with collateral damage that may ethically be attributed to their enemies ) but even if they were merely dispassionate about the need to protect their country and people (which cannot really be dispassionate at any level).. even then they might still choose the same path of "I hate to do this but there is no choice.It is for the best"

Why are they in this place where they may think their very existence is in peril?

Blame on both and all sides but here ,I believe is where they are.

It is hard to expect the highest moral behaviour from those who feel their backs are to the wall(especially if they have not exhibited moral behaviour in the time preceeding this terrible event)

As I said a few pages back, it's just the classic "The only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" repurposed for war.

Truly, you must believe me. I hate war crimes and murdering children, but this one time for the first time in history, it's actually right. Believe me. I am completely against war crimes and do not think anyone should commit them, after this one specific event where they are totally required. She's only 17. She's too young to have a baby and the father is dead beat. She'll make a great mother when she's older and we'll support her then. But I am still totally against abortion.

No,I haven't got around to that. Is there a reason one shouldn't?

Or are you just trying to put a label on me?

• Advertisement

That is copyright old chum.You are so smart though.

Advertisement