Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Debi : Mon 13th Nov 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy Rain and quite gusty in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Literally not a leaf moving or a drop falling in northwest Wicklow. Albeit the storm isn’t due here for a few hours yet but it’s not unsettling at all to look out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭endainoz

Debi has arrived in north clare, she is damn angry, crazy high winds just woke me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

North Clare near coast. In the last 20 minutes wind has really increased. Feels as if the roof is going to lift. It's been a long time since I've heard it this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

yes the sure and my power has gone. Can see power still on in the local homage but it’s gotten very windy very quickly. Seems to be lightening sporadically but that may also have been a transformer packing it in

• Advertisement

Same area Roisin. It’s the worst I’ve seen in a good while. Have you power?

Power gone here and trees down in front of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really strong wind and rain here in Cavan. Woke me up at 3am it was so noisy. Now I can't get back to sleep 😭😭

Barometer has risen from 971 to 975 in about 35 minutes. Fairly impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭davehey79

same here on the Longford /Letrim border can’t get back to sleep now but seems to have blown past after an hour of un merciful rain and wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

She looks a tad more north, following Arome perhaps. Can definitely see why it’s bad in N Clare

Yes still have power 🤞 some very strong and lengthy gusts. Wind sounds like it's everywhere. Usually its front or back but not this time hence the feeling roof is going to take off. Daren't look outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

power gone in north clare. a fairly epic 30 mins of wildness just gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MoonMotorway

The racket the wind was making woke me up in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Power gone here near Ballyjamesduff, Cavan. Luckily my phone is fully charged

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Scary in athenry atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MCKG

Wow, very wild in south Galway. Can hear slates coming off the roof. Still have power somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Rain has stopped now. The wind has died down too. It was gusty just before I went to sleep, but certainly wasn't anything near orange or red level. Perhaps it was that stormy during the hour I was sleep

According to Powercheck over 3000 without power in Miltown area with over a 1000 in Ennistymon area. West/North Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Storm is now explosively deepening and calling it off now is premature. Reports from north Clare on this thread suggest that red alert conditions are possible within next hour or two in west and midlands, so would still expect disruptive wind gusts by 0630 or 0700 in Dublin.

Gusts to 98 km/hr from NW at mace head on western flank of low indicate powerful development and I expect to see much stronger gusts reported at Athenry at 0500h (0400 report south gusting to 63 kmhr).

Nobody was expecting to see damaging wind gusts before about 04-05 so I would say premature speculation from a few, we need to wait for peak wind development to reach full force later this morning. The rainfall portion of Debi has developed according to plan so I would expect winds to follow suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Really bad on the east side of galway city now.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Very wild in loughrea area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Pretty wild the last 45 min in West Galway. I'd be worried what damage awaits me outside in a few hours

Definitely red territory in north Clare anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭finlma

That's as windy as I've ever heard on Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heavy rain here in Donegal indeed,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

East Galway - fairly wild and windy out there. Woke the children and they rarely wake for weather activity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Woken up by it in Galway city too. Sounds like a jumbo jet outside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This East Galway red alert surprised me , I take it this is a new direction from Met Éireann to issue half county warnings and is to be expected going forward. The coloured map on their website has West Galway red too. I'm sure there are people in Galway wondering if they are in fact in East Galway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ctomas

Seriously stormy in Galway, electrify gone

Advertisement