Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Debi : Mon 13th Nov 2023

Options

Comments

In Athlone, wind is really picking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mapaputsi

Oranmore Co. Galway. The speed it came in was impressive, I went out about 3.30 to make sure the bins were secure and thought it was nice and calm. Don't think it mattered what I did now can hear bins flying around out there. Thought the roof was going to lift 15 mins ago and now the rain is starting. Worst I've heard in years but seems to be slowing down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Power gone here now near athenry. The wind woke us all up & seems as wild as any of the bigger storms here.

A squall line seems to be arriving here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

Near Roscommon town, in the last half hour it's gone from a windy night, to sounding like a jet-engine roaring outside. The whole house is creaking in some gusts 😯

I'm all for a good weather event, but hoping people come out unscathed after Debi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭con747

Gusts are starting to hit a few miles out of Kinnegad now.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭randomname2005

As said by @snowstreams power gone around athenry. Quite windy and rainy now too. Will be surprised if schools open at 10. Imagine there will be a lot of debris around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Storm Debbie in Galway. Severe gusts and heavy rain. No electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

Absolutely brutal here in east galway. Worst powerful gusts I have experienced here and with it now passing the 5am red alert I think they have got the timing on it off as worse now than at any stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

We still have power in Athenry , my little one is terrified. Seems to have eased a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Blew in my kitchen window in Galway city woke up to a loud bang...window closed now but Jesus it's like a monsoon outside and very stormy this will do damage for sure...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gust of 78mph recorded on my weather station Galway City worst I have seen for a long time, it seems to be dying down a bit now .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mad wind in Tuam with lots of bangs and clatters. 10 min mean of 29 knots currently.

New Moon

Storm Debbie came in fast in the finish. No electric east Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Very quiet in South Dublin

Some heavy rain bursts, but nothing like what is being reported here

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Juran

West of Galway city, worst storm we've felt and heard in our 20 years living here.

Crazy the amount of people in our estate who put out their bins last night for monday morning collection !

Bins & rubblsh flying all over the place like a movie tornedo scene.

Starting to calm a bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Got up at 3am it was flat calm then it came in like you switched it on it was unreal, I would say Salthill and the area at Spanish Arch must have flooding given it was at high tide it brought back memories of the real Debbie in 1961 it was scary for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ramping up in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Is this a personal station or live updates from met.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gust 115kmh Athenry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

This link will be useful for a lot of people today:

https://powercheck.esbnetworks.ie/

So far North Clare and East Galway most affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

North Kildare, woke up ten minutes ago to calm. Wind suddenly ramping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The gusts are picking up in Naas. I was thinking of going in to work as it doesn't look too bad but I think I will work from home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Extremely windy just outside Athlone, kids are up which is a first for a storm, I've never experienced wind like this, scary stuff

There won’t be a trampoline left standing in the county Galway, the bastad yeoks

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Living in Athlone all my life and never have I heard wind blow so strong, serious damage by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Blowing a hooley in North-East Galway

https://www.met.ie/today.html

Updated warnings for East Galway and Roscommon. The winds only picked up at 4.30/5am ish when the warning expired, so glad to see them react to the later passage of Debi across the country

• Advertisement

They've also extended Status Red - Wind warning for Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Louth, Meath, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath

UNTIL 9AM

Advertisement