Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Debi : Mon 13th Nov 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ascophyllum

Highest gust at 6am is 113 in Knock in Mayo which is only yellow warning. Some of the models last night did show it pulling north a bit but it was prob too late at that point to change the warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 25 acrmorris

Winds have died down a lot in SW Galway, but Debi woke me right around 4. Hit like a truck, and a good bit of damage outside from what I can see with the torch. House seems ok, but a lot of debris was flying around and definitely the shed is no more! A lot worse here than when Ophelia hit us for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The hook pointing at athlone at 5am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Thankfully wasn't as bad as expected in West Clare,1 to 3 am was high point here id say.looks like the worst of it was inland.

Good that people were well warned of this .it could have gone either way,people giving out cause it wasn't as bad as forecast in their area would want a good fong in the hole.ireland is tiny,imagine trying to help people by forecasting the track of a storm and plebs waiting to slate you cause you might be out by a few counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'd say this was the worst wind we had here since the Christmas storm back in the late 90s. A somewhat unique storm given how little advanced notice there was of it( despite the advances in technology), and how quickly it passed through in the end .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭con747

Do you not think other people are? Why bother posting if it has nothing to do with you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭baldshin

Tonnes of fence panels obliterated in our estate in Oranmore, Galway. Wasn't woken by the whole thing though surprisingly. Quiet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Rain and wind still staying strong. Haven't eased off. Sitting here listening to the wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

It’s still rough in north east Mayo. Pretty violent. It looks from the satellite image posted earlier that we live just at the tip of where the little hook was. Anyway I won’t forget this one for it’s sudden impact. Incredible. Lashing now and sideways at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭randomname2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Hopefully there isn’t too much damage done from it. It’s calming a good bit now in east Galway. 4:30 to 5:30 am was fierce and it was sudden landing. A lot of squally rain got with it.

whatever leaves were left are gone now I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wind not as gusty in athlone now but the rain is still tipping down out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Completely calm with me and raining but wind was never forecast to be anything severe for here. Nothing extraordinary on the main met stations regarding gusts so far but it’s poor coverage as well all know and glancing over this thread tells a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

My bins tried to escape out the side gate and it has been pulled off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭GHendrix

Nothing to see in Meath really. 30 mins of fairly strong wind and settled down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Seems calm now in my part of Dublin, anyone more intelligent than me about this stuff about this stuff think it's done and dusted now or should we expect more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

After about an hour of calmness from the earlier wind it has really picked up here in Cavan. Never heard anything like it in all the years I'm living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭con747

Picking up a few miles outside of Kinnegad. Worse than earlier.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Madd002

Please Debi, pick up all my leaves in garden and blow them away so I don't have to do at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Early stages but looks like the initial Red for Western counties was spot on and the extension of the red to the East was unnecessary. The UKMO HD was ott in its projections and Arome looked about spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

I’m bothered by the unnecessary hysteria that will paralyse the capital for half a day. Public transport will be disrupted for a good number of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

In Cavan, windy this past 90mins or so, now a small pocket of extreme gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Wouldn't be so sure just yet. It's kicked into life in Bray in the last 20 minutes. Very strong gusts in the last while. Had been calm enough until then, well I say calm but the usual winter storm but it's definitely picked up now in the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭skinnyfries

I’m not so sure about that. I’m in North Louth and I’ve never heard wind/rain like we’re experiencing now. Rain woke me at 4.21 and the wind has really picked up in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Bad here in North dublin the last few hours.no sign of letting up.msy get up and check the fecking fences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Powers gone here in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fairly windy here in Navan. Can hear people’s stuff getting tossed around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

Advertisement