Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Debi : Mon 13th Nov 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭con747

Maybe read the posts, people are saying totally different scenarios to you in Dublin.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

East Meath here and getting severe gusts. The dog who sleeps like a log in the kitchen has started barking, so I've had to bring him up. That's my true barometer of the situation 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭ALS

Dublin Bus and Luas cancel services until 10am due to weather warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Bit of a non-event in South Dublin so far. Seems to be tracking further north

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭dubrov

That's about 10 in a row now that the met have overestimated badly in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Good lad- thanks for forecasting the whole county in your post

Apart from the two people who posted after you with a different experience from the same county.

If you're going to make a post like that say what area your in rather than a dumb post concerning a large county.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Electricity gone in North County Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peckypiper

Very strong gust of wind here at the moment south Cavan lots power outages

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

The red warning certainly was warranted for the West but as of now it seems the extension to eastern counties last night was overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Windy here in Mullingar. Not anything serious. Seems to have subsided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 licklelee5

South Dublin coastal and estate is in a bad way with fallen trees etc , definitely not a non event here , still hearing heavy gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Powercheck nicely shows up the path of this:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Was woken up around 5 here in Laois by the winds. Was bad enough for about half an hour but moved on then. Still gusty now and the rain has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Looking at the radar, looks like there's a right belt of wind and rain coming across the midlands towards Dublin, south of the centre of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I luv these storms but if I lose the ‘lechie I get fierce grumpy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not sure it justified Orange in Cork anyway. Yellow was probably fine (before it got upgraded)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Don’t know which part you’re in but I’m D22 the wind woke me around 6and it’s still pretty rough out there now, opened the door to let the dogs out they looked at me like I was mad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: please stay on topic, use appropriate threads like Met Eireann thread for comments and there is a storm chat thread but leave this one free for actual Storm discussion and live accounts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Not too bad a night here in south east. Our dog house moved around a bit but that’s it. Sounds like it was interesting in parts of Galway and Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭downburst

In Dundalk here and it’s been extremely gusty for last hour I’ve been awake. In the last 5 mins it’s calming down very slightly. All sorts of noises earlier I couldn’t make out what was moving around out there. One piece of very heavy garden furniture has moved right off deck, never happened before. This must have bought down a lot of trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭francois

Strong gusts and rain still occurring in D12, calmed down from 6am when it was pretty fierce.

Bin day today, plenty of wheelies and rubbish tossed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

South Kildare, just up, blustery out there but nothing out of the ordinary. Texted the boss and we're all in. Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Seems quiet enough here in blanchardstown, dog is lying beside me snoring so that's always a good sign. Wheelie bins are all out on the road for bin day so fingers crossed they stay standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Same - Also costal South Dublin. People just seem to be obsessed with saying it was a none event. It’s grim here this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭adocholiday

If the observations are anything to go by then it was no more than yellow for the vast majority and a single orange level gust was recorded at Knock. I know we're still technically in the middle of it but the gusts have weakened since. A lot of posts about how bad it was are coming from places that don't usually get strong winds. Nothing particularly noticeable about it from the reporting stations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

You may want to read them yourself there boss….

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

Lads, yellow warnings would have sufficed for this, maybe orange in some coastal counties. Otherwise this was a damp squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

More damage around Galway than I have seen from previous storms, trees down , flooding. Sea wall collapsed in Maree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Longford here. Was extremely windy here when I woke at around 5.30 and you could hear the gusts buffeting the house. Its quitenend down alot now though aside from occasional gusts, not much rain with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Crazy that Dublin bus and the Luas aren't operating even at reduced capacity.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement