Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

Here's the evidence:

Scroll down through the list of just the people the Met are actively looking for.

Bear in mind that the Met are, frankly, frightened of Islamists, and needed to be actively forced by political pressure into doing anything about them.

These marches, all over the world, are riddled from top to bottom with anti-semitism and Islamist sentiment.

Jewish people are not safe anywhere marches like this occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Another stat relevant to the Irish state, given about 40% of Gazans are under 18, it leaves about 1.2 million adults, about 600k men roughly, out of that 600k, 3000 went on a raid in to Israel that would make pol pot blush, with the rape, and savagery involved and they was complete joy doing things as savage as it gets.

For the Irish State. That would be about 15k going on a suicide butchering mission.

Hamas enjoy very, very significant support.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

went on a raid in to Israel that would make pol pot blush,

You're embarrassing yourself now.

Posts like this do nothing to refute the claim that Israeli's think they have a monopoly on suffering and persecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ehh you do know there were three wars, two of which were instigated by Israel's neighbours and the third was a preemtive attack by Israel because Egypt had told the UN force to leave, had closed the Straits of Tiran blocking Israeli shipping which they had said would be seen as an act of war.

And the map you show of the 1947 borders would have made it impossible for Israel to protect itself from attack from it's neighbours and to continue to exist.

Although maybe that is what a lot of people want, you know the old from the Jordan to the Sea brigade.

Something people putting up these maps always fail to mention is how West Bank was under Jordanian control and Gaza under Egyptian control until 1967.

What exactly did these fellow Arab states do to create a new Palestinian state ?

Fook all is the answer, yet they continually harp on about the plight of Palestinians under Israel.

They don't want them either, although they prove convenient for their leadership when their own countries come under scrutiny.

The Palestinian/Israeli conflict has always proven convenient for Arab and indeed non Arab muslim states.

I am surprised it didn't boil over the last few years to help keep the Clonskeagh Mulsim Brotherhood in power or take the heat off the Ayatollahs murdering women.

Hell it is now proving convenient for Russia.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So what you're saying is that israel bears no responsibility for it's actions since 1967 because of what arab countries did before then.

If you want people to say that pre 67 Jordan and egypt were wrong, then that's ok. I'm sure most here would agree with you. But I don't see how that excuses the last 50 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Speaking of Russia, do you support Ukraine's right to exist and to have their own State? Do you think Ireland should express support for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Quite the leap you took there. They've put out who they're looking for information on and you just add completely unfounded claims that they're "frightened of Islamists" and that marches are "riddled from top to bottom with anti-semitism and Islamist sentiment" of which there is extremely little evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Former IDF sniper says they were told to collect kneecaps from protesters

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

Right, the Arab world is bullying Israel, and it keeps getting bigger and settling land with impunity, and it is backed by the US and Europe... And we're supposed to believe that it is its fear of absolute destruction, a threat to its very existence, that is driving it to wage war in the most callous and revolting manner possible.

I'm not buying it. No one outside of extremists believe that Israel is at risk of being overrun by the Middle East because of October 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

"One side started this war" by displacing the Palestinians from their land, murdering them on an industrial scale for decades, kidnapping them and imprisoning them without due process, curtailing their most basic rights. They aren't even trying to hide their genocidal intent, as they now murder children in their thousands, attack maternity wards, blow up hospitals, bomb refugee camps, drop white phosphorous on civilians etc. Only one side is mass murdering women and children and babies and then rolling out the "human shield" argument without any evidence as if that justifies the murder of babies even if it were true.

You've got this massively violent militarised state actively murdering thousands of civilians while their government ministers have openly used genocidal language, one of the most heavily armed in the world that also has a cache of nukes at its disposal that ministers have even talked about dropping on Palestinian civilians, an apartheid state that explicitly affords citizens different rights based on their ethnicity, yet it's the muslims who are unable to live peacefully with their neighbours. It's pure Islamophobia and racism plain and simple to try and maintain that point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Thats what I've found also in my travels. The vast majority of people that I've met their primary focus is the health and welfare of their families. And that alone is a daily struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@quokula - "displacing the Palestinians from their land"

Their land? It was never their land. It was always owned by others. But yes it was offered to them for free to become their land, but they refused.

That's it?

Holding Israel to account is anti-Semitic and marches are riddled with anti-Semitism and Islamist sentiment. Do you understand the principle of percentages? A handful of posters out of the million people marching is close to being statistically irrelevant.

What evidence have you that the Met is frightened by Islamists and are needed to be actively forced by Political pressure in to doing anything about them? Please show a link to support this (preferably not one from Julia Hartley-Brewer or GBNews or the likes.)

Where do you think Shakespeare was referring to when he mentioned Palestine when writing Othello?

It was surely a land then, where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes. Israel is going nowhere. A militia force relying on rockets, a third of which misfire, against one of the most powerful armies in the world is not a threat to their existence. No other conventional force in the region is either. Which is why Iran is not engaging Israel directly, instead it's relying on proxy forces to carry out attacks that do little overall damage to the Israeli military. These posters might be pushing that line of an existential threat to justify what's happening in Gaza.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I agree with everything you’ve said. Maybe my prior post was too cryptic (error on my side)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Israel shuts down Al Mayadeen Network saying it affects state security. Nothing yet on Al Jazeera

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

That's the one thing I don't get about this whole thing. Hamas and the IDF are two side of the same murderous coin, it's just that one side has the better weapons.

I'm sure Israel would happily see all Palestinians removed, whether moved or killed, to secure it's future. And I'd no doubt that Hamas would happily and gleefully see the death of every single Israeli and every single Palestinian so long as one Palestinian stood at the end on top of the corpses.

We're dealing with a dirty war here. There's no right or wrong, there's just horror, and both sides are guilty of it. Calling out Israel for it's barbarism and war crimes is badly needed and needs to be continued, but the idea of siding with or being sympathetic to Hamas despite being a jihadist death cult, and not calling them out for their barbarism, their persistent war crimes and depraved view of the world is just madness. And the only thing stopping them from doing much worse to Israeli's is Israeli blockades.

This is a dirty, filthy war with no good on either side, and the only ones you should have sympathy for here in this conflict are the dead and the wounded on both sides who didn't want any of this.

Ehh you forgot 1973 when Arab countries attacked Israel once again.

Israel reched peace with Egypt when Egpyt finally agreed that Israel had a right to exist.

And they gave back the Sinai removing settlements that were there as part of that deal.

They reached peace settlement the Oslo accords with PLO, only for hardliners to assassinate Rabin.

They removed settlements from Gaza only for hamas to then take control.

And no I am not saying Israel, especially under Netanyahu, building settlements in West Bank has been right.

Palestinians are going to have to realise they are not getting their old lands back, they are not going to even get 1967 areas.

And that a state of Israel has a right to exist.

And hard line Palestinians are going to have to realise that Israel will bomb the sh** of them if they think they can carry out a Shoah Part 2.

Hard line Israelis are going to have to realise they need to get to fook out of West Bank, and let a Palestinian state of some shape exist.

Now unfortunately never the twin shall meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,680 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hamas have committed the most heinous war crimes even against their own population. It is difficult to conceive how a group can plan to put their own innocent civilian population deliberately in harms way, knowing that the military opposition will have no other realistic option other than to target them. It is a level of depravity and evil in Hamas that the world has rarely seen before. Even the Nazis wanted to look after their own, Hamas don't even care about their own.

Yes I do very much support Ukraine.

Then again they have never said they want to kill all Russians and actually set about doing it.

And please don't come back with the Azov brigade or some such.

Ok here is example for ya and then see what you think.

The government in NI say they want to wipe out the Republic and everyone living in it.

One day they launch an attack across the border, killing about 1000 people. (given our population difference it would equate to that)

Not just police and army, but women, children, babies and old people.

Then they leg it back across the border taking 180 women, children and old people with them as hostages.

WTF would you recommend the Irish government do?

Hold a fooking candlelit parade, write a strong letter to UN.

How do you think the breath of feeling in Ireland would be?

No other country has suffered a terrorist attack like this.

Ah yes we will hear about the years of oppression, the occupation which btw hasn't existed in Gaza for decades.

If this had come in West Bank at least there might be some excuse, but no it came from Gaza where hamas have been in total control.

And instead of trying to better the lot of their people, they have been stockpiling weapons and building tunnels for themselves.

And alot of people have been very happy to conveniently forget Israel have stated they will ceasefire if hamas release the hostages.

Would you call for the Irish government to issue 500k passports randomly to Ukrainians to come to live here permanently?

FFS now we are using Shakespeare as reason for a Palestinian state.

Fook lets get them all out and give back to the Romans.

They knew how to run the place.

Point of clarification...The Nazis in the end did not care about their own.

The SS hung kids from telephone poles.

Hitler ordered the destruction of Germany and that big two face Nazi war criminal that the West loved prevented it being carried out.

Islamists are the new nazis and anyone that thinks any different are morons, going like lamps to the slaughter.

Hamas are islamists, just like ISIS, al-qaeda, Boko Haram, Al-Shabaab, Abu Sayyaf, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

Hitler was said ,by own of his associates to have said at the end that the German people were (to paraphrase)" not worthy of his vision" .

Some "populist"

Do Hamas entertain similar ideals about "their" population?

If we could turn back the clock, and if Catholics up North, alongside marching for civil rights after decades of oppression, had attacked the British State (as some of them did), it is nice to know you would have cheered on the Brits randomly leveling residential parts of Derry and nationalist areas in Belfast with airstrikes in response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Hamas are “operating in a way that is outside the bounds of any civilised concept of how you would think about using a hospital, using human shields”

Imagine being attacked by terrorists that hide in a hospital using hostages and babies as human shields? Even a Bond villain wouldn't do that.

Perhaps we should take a break from the middle east and fix the problems in Ireland instead? There will never ever be a lasting peace with that. Good luck to anyone living there. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I agree with you. However, one does not negate the other. Israeli snipers killing hospital patients is also a war crime.

Advertisement