Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I understand why media reviewers pander, if they were too harsh they wouldn't future press cars or get all expenses paid trips to launch events.

Perhaps a reason why the mainstream press don't normally give Tesla great reviews, usually concentrating on poor build quality, minimalist interiors etc. One even mentioned a rattly centre console. (possibly a problem on very early cars). Mine (2022) is as taut and well built as other similarly priced cars, with better UI and charging infrastructure than most. Doesn't make me a fanboy, just a nice, pleasant and efficient car..😉

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wouldn't be concerned on removal of stalks, already an after market provider with replacement stalks if anyone is that bothered, if you're spending that much on a car then a few more euros will get you stalks

Be much more interested in Tesla sorting out the p1ss poor wipers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, Would be happy to try out the Stalkless driving experience, and I'm sure would adapt to it in no time.. The majority of people that are most upset about it are the folk that have not ever and will not ever drive or own a Tesla, and already hate the brand for not having buttons or the speedo directly under the driver's eye line... as having it 9-12 degrees to the left of centre is just too dangerous for them... (Damn you Citroen, Mini & Toyota plus many more for putting the speedo in the middle of some of your cars years ago and setting Tesla down this deathly path...)

Be much more interested in Tesla sorting out the p1ss poor wipers

Yes, they've largely been fine the last few months, and then a few software updates and they are gone to sh1t again...

It's always 1-2 steps forward, 1-2 steps back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I use fanboy as term to highlight a type of behaviour that's observable and significant enough to warrant its own label, someone who's devoted to a brand to such an extent that their enthusiasm or bias can lead them to overlook flaws, or in this case, accepting safety downgrades without opposition.

Different views if freely expressed always have validity.

Certainly not, that assertion is rather nonsensical.

Owning a Tesla is not a prerequisite for forming an opinion on design or functionality, particularly when opinions are shaped by concerns about safety and usability that affect all road users.

• Advertisement

I don't read mainstream (Irish?)media reviews so I've no idea what they say about tesla. Can you point me to negative reviews go i can skim over? I rarely see very negative reviews against tesla on YouTube. I believe I did see one actually but they were comparing it to Lexus ES in terms of fit and finish which was a strange comparison.

Bjorn Nyland is every critical of TeslaVision and stalkless design, I mostly find my views align with his about EVs in general. I think he's the gold standard of reviewers.

I've rented teslas numerous times, didn't have app access but it didn't degrade the experience. They're great cars. I don't hate the interior, lack of buttons or lack of speedo behind the steering wheel, I think the interior is rather nice, feel less cluttered. I love how efficient they are and I love how good the app is. I love that they don't require mandated annual servicing like every other brand but I would still maintain it with whatever it needs.

The excellent snappy UI makes it a very pleasant experience. I don't care what Musk says outside of TSLA. I do care what decisions he makes as CEO of TSLA.

I see USS deletion as a terrible decision, same with their stalkless design. If a company wants to increase margins, that's fine with me. I'd rather pay a bit more for a car with stalks, rain senor, USS, and radar cruise sensor than have a cheaper car without.

Will even I buy a M3/Y without any of those parts fitted? Yes I will. But I will still voice my criticism regardless. Same as I would for any other brand I'm highly interested in and if I believe it's warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Don't have any links to hand but I do remember a reasonably recent Irish Times review of the Y, which I felt was poorly written and they could not even get the price at the time correct.

Otherwise I tend to agree with what you have written, the stalk removal I don't think would worry me too much would probably get used to that fairly quickly. I suppose being used to Motorbikes would help me with the indicators. My auto wipers are also fairly good, just requiring the occasional press on the stalk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Anyone having issues with the usb supplied for sentry mode. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Remove and reinsert back in action

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I bought a 1TB Samsung T7 SSD. So much smoother than the supplied stick. Playback doesn't jump and skip anymore.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

remove it from the car and replace with either an SSD or a High Endurance MicroSD card..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

Removing the parking sensors and the stalks eliminates a huge range of potential mass market buyers.

here on boards, our likes or views will differ, but we’re all car fans underneath and always keen to try new things out.

In the case of tesla for example, they represent 2% of new car sales in Ireland in 2023 - 98% of buyers bought ‘something else’ - you’d have to think that things like the USS will matter to even 1 of those other 98 buyers.

its easy for us to say it doesn’t matter - but in reality it does matter in the mass market, and quite a lot.

edit: just to add - Tesla’s also have a bit of a stigma in the mass market. Lots of marques have that same problem, but again It’s a repellent for people who just want ‘a car’

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Following last weeks YT video from Enhanced that demonstrated the performance differences of the Model 3 line up, here’s another demonstrating the efficiency differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

They did a remote diagnostic and are going to change the battery. I haven't had much luck with electric cars so far 😁

That's the first M3 battery replacement we've heard of on this forum AFAIR, let us know how you get on, would be nice if you had an OBD and scanmytesla so see capacity of replacement battery

Thats

That's brutal. What year is your car? What's the warranty situation with a replacement pack? Does the warranty continue until end of original battery warranty? I presume it will be a refurbished battery so it'll be interesting to see what capacity it has.

Warranty, as per all the brands is for the remainder of the original term. So 8 years from the first registration date.

2021 , just over 40K miles (of which I've done about 3k lol).

Battery warranty until 2029

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's the first one I've seen of a 3 needing battery replacement. Was it LFP?

Okay that's pretty sweet.

This is another nail in the coffin for those consistently railing against BEV.

It sucks about the failure but on the bright side it's great that BEV provides such excellent warranties. At least you'll get a loaner while it's in Service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Out of Spec did a track test with Misha 11 days ago but I missed it until now. Yer man keeps plugging his sponsors. Car performs poor because grip is bad on cheaper efficiency tyres (e-primacy) in bad conditions, plus brakes not really up to the job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-A13cXIeU

It's an every day commuter car. It weighs around 1750kg + 5 adults, on standard brakes, soaked track, on low rolling resistance tyres. It was never going to be good given such conditions.

To be expected from a mass produced family saloon in fairness. It’s not a track car, it’s not even a track focused car. Akon to a 320d or A4 around the track I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

The number of drivers who will drive their car in that sort of rally conditions in Ireland is small and most cars would be in bits in those conditions pretty quickly.

As part of the review, he did mention that he would have liked to have driven the car after it had more milage on it to see if the suspension beds in a bit with some wear and tear/use.

There is an 8yr warranty on batteries pretty much industry wide but this is not a manufacturer led initiative. It is a US mandated regulation. Thank you Mr USA

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I think the same guy from Out of Spec did a few laps in the US with a 2019 SR+ a few years back. Weather was perfect and there were no passengers. He talked of how well the car performs on the track, relatively, even though it is a family saloon, so am wondering how the Highland contrasts. He also did a spin in Nürburgring ring with the 2022 LFP model only with passengers.

I know for the likes of most of us, and certainly for people like me who have never driven a performance car anyway :-), the differences between them are almost inconsequential. In any case, they'd need to compare like for like for track, weather, added weight, and tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think it's a change to separate the rwd/LR from the m3p, as they ate too close in terms of appearance and handling atm.

The m3p should be tuned for this level of driving, even more so with the track package.

I think it's a good change overall and a fair assessment by the out of spec lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I see there are some showroom discounts available for the LR and there is no more M3P listed

It feels that the discount is more than 3k. New order LR is 52.3k . 45.2k is 7.1k less. I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

That's a LR RWD for €45.2k not a LR AWD, which is €52k.

Advertisement