Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

@jm08

Do you at all think Harry and/or Meghan were the ones leaking their personal letters to Charles? The only sources I can see for Harrys is guff from the likes of Geo TV and The Daily Record.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I believe that it was unimportant at the time and Knauf was a trusted aide then? Why would she question him on what he said to Omid Scobie. I dont see anything wrong with what they were trying to do which was get some accuracy into the book (which is in an email Harry wrote to Knauf).

ITV are the only ones reporting it. Strangely enough, the Mail, express etc. are saying nothing about it.😉

Good Morning Britain had a poll the other day asking if parodies of Harry & Meghan (South Park, Family Guy) should stop. Meg been making phone calls again to ITV? They are pro Sussex seemingly. (Inserts Simpsons "Stop! Stop! He's already dead!" meme).

Ah that bonkers first amendment.

Not a chance H&M were leaking to Dan Wootton/Daily Mail / The Sun 😅 It was Dan Wootton who broke the story about the private handwritten letter to Charles. The BylineTimes have been investigating Wootton over the last few years and have exposed him as a nasty piece of work.

The consensus of opinion on social media seems to be that Wootton/Knauf/Jones have something huge on either Charles, but more likely William which caused Charles to throw his son and grandson to the wolves to protect a palace employee, but more likely his first born son and heir to the throne.

The Rose Hanbury/William affair presumably? The one Giles Coren said he made up and then, in case it didn't sink in the first time, recently had to re-iterate he was indeed talking bollocks.

• Advertisement

Its not Rose Hanbury - that is no big deal for the Royal Family from Henry VIII on (and probably before). Charles & Philip both had mistreses and it was accepted, so its tradition at this stage. With the likes of Wootton involved, it could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

“………..throw his son and grandson to the wolves”

I think the phraseology approved by Meghan is, “I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves. I was being fed to the wolves.” It’s important for Meghan’s acolytes to stick rigidly to the script.

Its pretty obvious that the Charles & William wanted Meghan gone which shouldn't be too surprising for them, but to pull the security of Harry & Archie when there were death threats on their lives by white suprematists (Harry for betraying white men and Archie because he was mixed blood) makes you think that Charles and William are capable of anything to protect themselves.

I don't know how anyone can swallow the spin that Harry betrayed his family when we know what his family did to him and his family in order to protect themselves.

Security protocol (decisions, threat levels, who pays etc.) has been covered frequently.

Looking at the promo for Scobies End Game and it says;

"CONVERSATIONS and INTERVIEWS with current and former Palace staff, trusted friends of the royals and even the FAMILY MEMBERS THEMSELVES"

Not even hiding H&M involvement anymore? I think the crux of the book was written before the Queen died (but would be released after she died) since it completely aligns with the Sussex branded victim narrative. You have the "deeply unpopular King", the "power hungry heir", the Queen "going to dangerous levels to protect her image" and of course the hero, the Prince "forced to start a new life after being betrayed by his family".

I think the books gambit/selling point was to capitalise on and leverage off audiences from the Netflix series which went all Empire 2.0, once Spare was released and Harry was taken into peoples hearts and once the above descriptions of his family solidified in the public imagination via relentless PR to keep them in the news/click bait cycle.

Instead we see a pretty smooth transition between monarchs with the King, particularly considering who he was following, enjoying a degree of popularity with most, the Queen getting on doing the patronage/charity job, the heir and his wife more popular/well regarded than ever (even polling well in the US...ffs) along with anti-monarchy/pro-republican sentiment relatively unchanged all told.

How, for example, is someone power hungry when that power is coming to them regardless? It's this kind of dumb ass logic which invites ridicule and which shows a clear biased agenda. Whatever optics Scobie (and Harry and Meghan) wanted to have in place by now simply isn't there and the book along with the incessant victim playing, given whats going on in the world, is coming across as pretty desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Celebrating Halloween..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I hope the wolves are over their indigestion and have fully recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No costumes, apart from Meghan's funeral hat (sans the candle in the church).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Whoever took this photo, and the one of them celebrating 4 July, clearly eschews the use of a mobile phone’s camera and relies instead on a trusty Pocket Instamatic.

More family tiffs - on a related theme, apparently Meaghans new “brand” that she’s working on with a mega brand management company loved by the A listers must steer clear of “victim” mentality as apparently that doesn’t pay very well compared to a more confident and positive image.

Daily Mail never missed a chance to slag H&M but I do wonder what’s going on with Pa-pa and Harry - if they’re still continuing this bickering it won’t end well

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

At a guess, I'd say the family line for invites is "You and your kids can come, your wife is not welcome."

The appointment to the board of the wildlife charity for Harry is interesting - it might indicate a move to spending some time in Africa.

I think I suggested way back that if their marriage did go wrong that the family wouldn't necessarily welcome him back into the fold right away given how much he's pissed off the UK public. I don't think Charles can risk the backlash so early into his reign if he did. But Harry's too malleable to be let out by himself. Charles is still a father though and I think he wouldn't turn his back on his own son if he needed him. So the safest way is to give him a "job" in Africa with a fat little allowance for Harry from the Royal personal wealth, and he can hop between London and Africa, where tabs can be kept on him and the palace can cover up his inevitable gaffes as they did before. It's a similar set up to what was done with the Duke of Windsor when he abdicated and made the best of a bad situation then.

It’s a “Hollywood” marriage - I did a quick google and one of the first results stated celebrity marriages last 7.4 years on average - so just under 2 years left for them 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

to be fair harry hasn't pissed off the uk public as a whole, just the monarchist cultist and far right elements who are angry at anything and everything they are told to be angry about.

for most there they have real issues like how their country is being ran into the ground by pound shop fascists to care about them either way.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So! the Privacy case Harry & others have against the Daily Mail is going to trial. Id imagine this will cause a lot of difficulty for the RF as to why they didn't inform Harry that he actually had a case, with William taking the payout!

Elsewhere, Meghan's halfsister, Samantha, is pursing another defamation case against Meghan. The claim this time is that Meghan's defamatory comments on Oprah and netflix docu. caused her to lose sales of her book (The Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister LOL)

Me, I think they would probably push up sales if anything.She is sueing for $75,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's important not for the "Celebs" themselves but for wider society that the scumbag tactics and methods the likes of the Daily Mail uses is at least highlighted.

Hopefully they win.

I dunno EOTY- he’s a bit of a moan-fest at this stage- you can only go so far with the British public when it comes to the RF- remember it’s “their” RF, not Harry’s - the irony of that post considering Harry is RF, yeah I know, but doesn’t matter - the public will keep their own council when it comes to their King - I’d say the mood is put up and shut up Harry - tabloid articles don’t help BUT, between the book and the TV series, Harry burnt a lot of bridges- ball is in his court to repair damage is how I see it and how I think the British public see it.

Attacking RF always gets kudos in short term but British public have short memories and there’s always another Kings birthday or Royal event around the corner to distract them - oh look a parade -YAY😀

• Advertisement

in fairness he's just doing what the rest of them do.

the whole thing with the rf is one big grift and a con and it's really only supported by older people now with support among young people at an all time low.

i would definitely say there is a way back for harry if in the unlikely event he wanted it with the british public once the brexit voting generation have passed.

as i said it's just the rf cult fans and the far right who hate him, with most there not caring either way because as i said they have their own problems.

They’re waiting for William and Kate but tbh that will be to little too late - they’re already looking bland and harmless - but that’s probably the best way to have the RF these days- it keeps the younger generation on side - charities, ribbon cutting, supporting climate initiatives - all very nice and British and reassuring - RF are ignoring H&M - pretty much written out of the RF at this stage, at least in public but in private to a degree too- they’re getting on with things as is their want- I’d respect Harry more if he renounced his titles and became Mr. Harry but he hasn’t - he’s just a spoilt child.

william and kate won't keep the majority of the young on side, the RF will likely be abolished in the coming decades.

going to go out and say it's a case of when and not if as the young are seeing their standards of living going down the toilet while these lot live in luxury with absolute privilage.

to be honest harry is right to keep the titles and milk them, the others are doing that so why not him? sure he has left and quite right for his own sake and his wife and children but he may as well use what he can and milk it for all it's worth.

One very happy looking, the other not so much...

Ah that proves whatever you’re looking to prove so 🤪

His body language..😬 Does he ever regret what he has said and done over the last few years?

Yea, he is about to go make a speech (with no notes)!

• Advertisement

Like escape that abusing family of his, who wanted to keep him so badly, his own father pulled his security and set the paps on them and then evicted him and his family from his home that he & his wife (the mother of Charles' grandkids) paid a couple of million to fix up.

I'd say he regrets leaving like he might regret having a hole in his head.

Advertisement