Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hasbaran melts down when Israeli critic rebuffs the Holocaust/Nazi Card with Uno Reverse

As he put it nothing more sickening than using his parents martyrdom and millions of peoples martyrdom to excuse what happens to the Palestinians today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

It’s rubbish because you don’t believe it happened or it’s rubbish because it shows the IDF in a bad light?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 27,680 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Look if you want to call Hamas worse than the Nazis because they didn't build autobahns for their own people, I get it. Hamas have done nothing for their own people, they use them as human shields, the Nazis didn't do that. On the other hand, the Nazis had gas chambers. As someone else said Hamas are proud of what they did, the Nazis hid it.

It is hard therefore to distinguish which is worse.

It's rubbish because it's not important to me.

I'm focusing my attention in the over all war and the potential for escalation. Example would be Houthi rebels are firing rockets into civilian populations in Israel from Saudi and Iran getting involved via proxy Hezbollah.

Iv no interest in rubbish like driving over dead bodies. It's a war, move on

• Advertisement

😂 pigeon chess is avoiding the Likud charter because your own logic gets thrown back in your face.

Pigeon Chess is accusing Palestinian protestors of endorsing genocide.

They aren’t worse than Nazis. Israel aren’t worse than Nazis either. And it’s sickening of you to try and downplay what the Nazis did to 12 million people and more who suffered under it to justify what Israel is doing now.

So you are comparing a 1977 Likud Charter to present-day Hamas policy and chants and giving them the same weight. Do you think that is balanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

I see you change the subject rather than address the point I made.(unless you were agreeing or wanting to close the point)

Netanjahu seems to be a cold blooded lunatic.

I wonder who put him and his ilk there.A campaign of terrorism directed at civilian populations down the years ...exactly what the campaign was intended to achieve.

The same thing as Oct 7 is also intended to achieve. The aim of most terrorist movements,who rationalize it as revealing the fist behind the soft glove.

This time around Oct7 seems to be driving political alliances in Europe and USA apart.A medium to long term aim aimed at slowly cutting the branch behind where the Israeli apple sits.

You don’t see the potential for escalation via desecrating the dead?

I find that hard to believe

• Advertisement

Certainly, Hamas haven't killed 12 million Jews yet, but the intent is there. In that sense, little different to the Nazis.

Explain how River to the sea is genocidal so. Let’s see how far back you have to go

At least your consistent and agree that this rhetoric was definitely genocidal from Bibi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Given Netanyahu stating "“Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”" I'd say thats totally balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Around the world, billions of people are watching this conflict and thinking that Israel is behaving much like the Nazi's in a way we would never have thought possible.

It’s funny you claim to ignore rubbish, to be focusing on the overall war, then post rubbish about Houthi rebels firing missiles at Israel from Saudi.

For someone focusing on the overall war, your focus since you joined the day before yesterday seems to be exclusively pro Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are you on about? The largest hospital has ceased to function now thanks to the Israelis. They are desperate for an evacuation. Read the news.

Israeli tanks at gates of main Gaza hospital (rte.ie)

Israeli forces have reached the gates of Gaza City's main hospital, the primary target in their battle to seize control of the northern half of Gaza, where medics said patients including newborn babies were dying due to a lack of fuel.

Gaza health ministry spokesperson Ashraf Al-Qidra, who was inside Al Shifa hospital, said 32 patients had died in the past three days, including three newborn babies, as a result of the siege of the hospital and the cut-off of its power.

At least 650 patients were still inside, desperate to be evacuated to another medical facility by the Red Cross or some other neutral agency.

Israel claims the hospital sits atop tunnels housing a headquarters for Hamas fighters, who are to blame for its plight for using patients as shields, which Hamas denies.

"The tanks are in front of the hospital. We are under full blockade. It's a totally civilian area. Only hospital facility, hospital patients, doctors and other civilians staying in the hospital. Someone should stop this," a surgeon at the hospital, Dr Ahmed El Mokhallalati, said by telephone.

"They bombed the (water) tanks, they bombed the water wells ,they bombed the oxygen pump as well. They bombed everything in the hospital. So we are hardly surviving. We tell everyone, the hospital is no more a safe place for treating patients. We are harming patients by keeping them here."

The hospital has ceased to function and fatalities among patients are rising, the head of the World Health Organization said.

Mr Qidra said an Israel tank was now stationed at the hospital gate. Israeli snipers and drones were firing into the hospital, making it impossible for medics and patients to move around, he said.

"We are besieged and are inside a circle of death," he said.

Israel has told civilians to leave and medics to send patients elsewhere. It says it has attempted to evacuate babies from the neo-natal ward and left 300 litres of fuel to power emergency generators at the hospital entrance, but the offers were blocked by Hamas.

Mr Qidra said the 300 litres would power the hospital for just half an hour, and Shifa needed 8,000-10,000 litres of fuel per day delivered by the Red Cross or an international agency.

------------------------------------

Israel are making sure that this hospital ceases to exist. They need to either supply the hospital with what it needs or evacuate them all safely. Show me the proof that this hospital is wall-to-wall Hamas and that they are preventing Israelis entering.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

And Israel wants to kill millions of Palestinians. So they’re all the same Blanch? Hamas and Israel are both Nazis? What’s your point? Lost me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Israel President on US TV over the weekend referred to the attack on Oct 7th as almost the greatest atrocity since WW2.

Their continued view that they have a monopoly on suffering is shameful and so so depressing for what it says about the human race.

This will put Jewish people in harms way unfortunately, the Israeli states permanent claims of victimhood as it butchers people will not be forgotten for a very long time and groups and individuals a long way from the protection of the Iron Dome will probably end up suffering.

Angela Merkel said a couple of years ago that "we (society) will figure out what we learned from WW2 when all who remembered it are gone". How right she was but I can't imagine she thought Israel would be one of the prime examples of her point.

Of course I'm pro Israel. You better believe I'm pro Israel.

Why is it rubbish? I thought you might be against military targeting civilians.

Every single Hamas rocket ever fired is launched at civilians. Just like the ones now coming from Saudi.

The US will target these rebel camps in the desert and send a Predator drone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

They hid it ? I could well imagine what would of been going around social media if all those Nazi's in Aushwitz had mobile phones and the internet 80 years ago.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Can you answer the question...do you think Israel should exist or not?

Have I not said my Hail Marys? Jesus wept. Do you have any real posts to make?

Do you have a link to a source for these missiles fired from Saudi Arabia at Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The absolute nonsense coming from the Israeli commanders.

Gaza hospitals caught on front line of Israel-Hamas war - BBC News

Staff say that three of 39 infants in their care died over the weekend due to there being no incubators. Surviving babies were at serious risk of death, according to doctors.

The Israel Defense Force's (IDF) chief spokesman, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, said on Saturday that Israel would provide assistance to evacuate the babies to a "safer hospital".

However, that evacuation is yet to happen as of Monday afternoon.

Hospital staff have told the BBC that moving the babies safely would require sophisticated equipment, and that there is no "safer hospital" inside Gaza.

----------------------

That's because Israel are intent on knocking out as many medical facilities as they possibly can. More than half of the 35 hospitals in Gaza are no longer operational. These are war crimes.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm sorry about my previous comment, they are actually trying to clean the world, nor dirty our streets as I wrongfully claimed. Here:

You know who else tried to clean the world this way? Yes, that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

I accept your apologies and reject your deflection to something completely different now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well you sure are doing a lot of cheering for your "side"

And no, despite your attempted gaslighting use of quotation marks, I did not say that they were just "some group talking rhetoric". I may have explained to you - or at least tried to - that calls attributed to them that they wanted to annihilate the Zionist state were "rhetoric" as they were not a plausibly achievable goal by any stretch of the imagination.

You obviously want to twist that to suit whatever agenda you have. Work away.

Advertisement