Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants won't move out!

Options
  • 13-11-2023 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 LaShalom

We converted part of our house (owner occupied) into a self contained studio which was let by (my now) ex to his friends - a couple.

My ex and I are going through a bitter contested divorce. He reluctantly agreed during court hearing to give the couple eviction notice so he can move into the studio until the case is decided. He gave them notice in June. Neither they nor him have moved.

The couple have used the space very badly and damp and leak have sprung damaging adjoining neighbour's house (hallway). They still will not move, and the studio is crammed full, they are hoarders.. So there isnt enough access to investigate the dampness.

What do I do? Can I just knock down the wall between us, in which case it becomes part of the house again. I feel very helpless as they are ganging up and say they don't recognise me as their landlord. They don't pay rent nor have a contract with me. I need the space for a sensory room for my autistic son.

Any help or advice.

Thanks

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement