Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ngannou is a big money spinner after his close call against Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

If it were Wilder against Ruiz and Joshua against Ortiz or Wallin then that’s a decent night of fighting. If Hrgovic were added to that then it’s all very interesting. I don’t expect it to be as good as that because they’re not gimme fights for either. I have little heed on watching them bother dismantling lower level opponents to kick the can on down the road yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wallin would need to KO him though because if it goes to the judges AJ will win as he v Wilder is the money fight.

I think AJ wins in a boring decision.

Regarding Wilder v Parker, Wilder wins that and its probably his best win which puts his career into perspective somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wallin not a huge hitter, but AJ doesn’t need to get hit huge. Likely points win for AJ… but needs to be on form, and careful. It’s a banana skin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

He landed a grand uppercut on Gassiev in their fight and you could see it clearly hurt Gassiev. Not enough to wobble him but he definitely re-evaluated his ability to walk forward after it something similar would have Joshua very tentative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

wilder is in london

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Does anyone think Fury was lucky that the ref didnt stop his fight with Wallin ?

Fury was extremely lucky against Wallin but he did show what he’s made of in that fight. I don’t see this Joshua knocking Wallin out either a very dull points win for me, can’t see Wallin knocking him out but it could be very fun if he goes chasing it. I dont think Wallin will get reckless.

Wilder beats Parker and yes, it probably would be his best win but to give him his dues he wanted to take on the best in Povetkin (in Russia), Joshua and Fury. With Fury there is the caveat that he expected to beat an out of shape Fury and move on to the Joshua mega fight. Its funny the twists and turns that happen.

press conference is on youtube queensbury channel

Card at first sight looks great… but AJ and Wilder ducking each other.

Dubois? Quitter

Bivol in a mismatch..

• Advertisement

Excellent card. Great payday for Parker and Wallin. Which has the better chance of an upset? I think Wallin, surely Wilder will blast Joe out of there?

Biv and Op should have easy nights.

The press conference was fairly boring apart from big baby roasting dubois and then Aj who looked fairly shook for the entire event, the host tried to interview him like he did all the fighters and Aj would only speak to Eddie Hearn

Interesting card out of nowhere put together by Spencer brown apparently with the help of George Warren and obviously paid for by the Saudi gang, if this is the sort of cards we can expect going forward then it’s all good in my book.

the main guy Turkey seems to have a plan in mind for boxing and he’s bypassing all the promotional politics so maybe we will get the fights we want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-12755091/Deontay-Wilder-Anthony-Joshua-50MILLION.html

So how will slippery eddie spin it? Fury fought wilder coming back from major layoff, whatever about furys personality at least he manned up 3 times and nerve heard a peep about negotiations, they just fought and put on 3 great shows. Really think aj wont have any legacy left by time he retires. Fury needs usyk then off into the sunset, does not need aj at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see Aj is now being coached by Ben Davis , never seen that one coming

He can;t seem to find a home can aul AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Isn’t the date for Usyk-Fury to be revealed today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep presser at 6pm

February 17th is the apparent date

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And it won't happen on that date if at all. Fury will be injured is my guess.

First proper face off. Fury trying to be all intimidating and aggressive. I’m a lil more sure now that Usyk beats this dosser

• Advertisement

Looking at both there doesn’t look to be too much size difference; but when you see Fury in the ring he always looks a monster compared to opponents

the press conference is also on youtube

the face off wasn't anything special just a bit of faffing about and pushing which always gets separated by security or the fight doesn't happen

fury was calling usyk names etc to try and sell the fight as usual but it is hard to have any back and forth with usyk when he is using a translator, his english is quite good now

usyk said he thinks fury is scared, what's there to be scared of its a boxing match ffs, fury said if usyk wins he will shake his hand and hopes usyk does the same if he wins

usyk is 17-10 on unibet

fury 8-13 on paddy power

Caught a bit there on SSN. Usyk much more composed. Lots of silly blow and fluff from Fury. I think Usyk is more intelligent and Fury can’t get through yet anyhow. I’ve always been a Fury supporter, I’m rooting for Usyk in this one. Both have shown vulnerability in their last fights. I still think Fury is a huge favourite

Not sure huge favorite. I reckon fight time, pundits and commentators will be close to split.

also, let’s not forget the real possibility that Fury ducks again

Funny Usyk pulled out of the last fight and it was spoken about at the press conference today but that doesn’t get mentioned.

Usyk is standing to make £30m from this and fury said it’s 100m for him, nobody will be pulling out in my opinion or they will be in breach of contract with the Saudi government which won’t go down well

Nonsense that Usyk pulled out. Fury was giving him the clear run around and Usyk’s team had enough. For whatever reason, Fury didn’t fancy it. Let’s hope he doesn’t get cold feet again.

Watch the press conference where Warren mentions it and Krasyk agrees and they also agreed to it in Saudi recently

usyk pulled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

And it's been explained endlessly why.

Fury at fault. Clearly.

Demanding a 70-30 pay split for a potential rematch should he lose was ridiculous and well team fury knew it. They were shook when Usyk accepted 70-30 for the first fight. This sent them scrambling for a new demand and they instantly lost the social media war that Fury seemed determined to wage.

And he's responsible for the delay in this newly agreed fight too.

As has been mentioned above by others I also just hope he manages to show up for this new date. The HW division needs this fight badly.

Advertisement