Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't understand this "pillar of the community" narrative that invariably comes out every time something like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Came home to find a delivery for me out in the garden in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

How nosy Irish people are. Got arrested for drunk driving at a checkpoint in a village, out of the car, put in the back of a squad car in the forecourt of an unused petrol station and people rubbernecking and gawking dopily during every humiliating moment of it.

Calm your tits, people. They didn't find out I kidnapped Shergar or murdered all those women in the vanishing triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The shyster in specsavers told me my glasses were unrepairable . I went to a real optician today to book another eye test and she fixed them in 2 minutes.

the other fcuker must have expected me to fork out another €100+

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish ones are terrible. Mundane yet manage to be overpriced. "Artisan" (read expensive) food and tat.

One I saw at the weekend offered pints, at €7 each, for the luxury of sipping mass market beer out on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The tinnitus is ringing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Today an Amazon or post guy left an Amazon delivery outside at my door on the ground….. the delivery wasn’t even for me it was for next door….

No rain around at the time but you have to be a real piece of shît courier or postman to make two gigantic cockups on the same delivery 🧐

Those Darren and Joe lads. Can you imagine lads as gruesome, unfunny and irritating as that being put on TV in literally any other country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The word 'bap'. Can't bring myself to say it, let alone ask another person for one. 'A bap please'...impossible. what sort of a cuxnt would you have to be to utter that?

I will die missing out on this particular bread option because of the nomenclature.

Jambon comes a close second.

• Advertisement

I love how a lot of young women don't wear bras anymore. Free the baps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's a common trend I've noticed with "pillars of the community" ..... behind closed doors where no one can see them they are the biggest arseholes and bullies going.

Same with purer than pure religious types. They are usually the biggest backstabbing gossiping creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An individual who disappeared from a WhatsApp conversation again mid conversation at 19.37 …

they did a similar thing last week but decided to continue the conversation the following morning at 7.14 am which is a bit bizarre…a bit inconvenient as my phone wasn’t on silent….

I don’t care what you are gonna do, just a respectful courtesy….” need to go and make dinner, speak later “ ” need to go and watch topless darts from Termonfeckin, speak later “

Basically crap and unreliable communicators..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

In my local Dunnes Stores on Saturday…. There was a family in front of me at the till. Once all their shopping was scanned the Dad realised that he left his phone in the car, and that he had his bank card on his bank app. He runs out to the car to get the phone. I was thinking to myself “fair enough, it was an easy enough mistake to make”.

When he gets back from the car the cashier tells him that his total was approx €70 and that he needs to spend €5 more to be able to use his €5 voucher. He goes scuttling off to the nearest confectionery aisle and grabs a stack of Wispa and Twirl bars and goes back to the till. Once it was finally time to pay he realises that there wasn’t enough money in his bank account so he rings up somebody to ask them to transfer money to his account. For some reason he couldn’t make out what was being said on the phone so he passes the phone to his teenage son to see if he can make it out. While the son was on the phone the Dad just stood there with a stupid gormless expression on his face. The cashier was all smiles and telling him not to worry but inside she was probably fit to crack up. Steam was almost coming out of my ears at that point while I tried to remain calm. Honestly, some people are so hapless that they shouldn’t be let out at certain times for the sanity of the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

those super bright headlights on newer cars,im absofcukinlutely delighted that you can see 49.6 miles ahead of you but the rest of us are blind for the rest of the morning!!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jambons aren't even that nice, greasy smell of cheap cheese combined with rubber ham off them, invented by the company that brought us frozen fake French bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Google Maps. OK I know everyone uses them on their phone but I want to print out a map. Google obviously don't want you to do that as you loose all the detail that you want when you print them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Could you do a screen grap into a word document and then print it?

Wasted at least half an hour messing around like that. The contrast for minor roads is so bad that whatever you do you can't improve it to print unless you start hand drawing the map. In Gimp I can change some of the colour thresholds and that helps a bit.

• Advertisement

Didn't mean I wasted time on your suggestion. I'd already tried that before you said.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I often use ArcGIS but it's really only desktop friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When the dpd driver doesn't arrive in the timeslot

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

went to a lot of places but say they bought about 2 pints through the whole thing like most of these 'dream holiday tourists'

Should be a 2 drink minimum for big groups

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The sheer volume of Temu spam emails I've been getting this past week. I think I've deleted and blocked about 30 today alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Haven't been getting the mails (yet!) but the ads are fooking EVERYWHERE.

Did the world really need another Chinese tat merchant, like???

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Been getting them. Whats the scam? Couple said I'd won a Temu pallet?

My car failed it's NCT because my dipped beams were too high.

Needs to get retested now 🙄

Speaking of Google maps, I've put a few eircodes into it this weeks and they're coming up miles away from where they should be. They were spot on all along. What's gone wrong I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im stuck on ball sort 105 . I almost have it and i F it up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement