Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They didn't even give Dr Oakley a real gun! He was a legend.

They'd probably give Fergal an Armor of Hot Fogs like in The Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

It's so noticeable in the Dean storyline, so many scenes open with him talking to Juliet and you can literally just do a countdown for when Mairead will wander in and join them for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Hopefully Kevin Bakhurst will read this thread, do the sensible thing and pull the plug on Fair City....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"What's this " she says everytime before getting a gawk at what they're looking at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Gwen must be on overtime, really unnatural the way there are so many scenes with her and Sash on their own in the pub.

Do establishments normally have a mobile phone, like does every pub in Ireland have its own mobile; really daft her putting it into the solicitor's bag like that.

Bit past having toddlers now but would have thought a decent Maclaren buggy for a 18 month + is about €150. Big deal about Dolly buying it for Doug.

Having said that my family bought me a buggy and I absolutely hated it so much I lost weight carrying the kid everywhere 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Can the

-The Late Late Show

-The Today show

-Upfront with Katie Hannon

But keep Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Get rid of all the writers and some of the crap actors but keep fair city.It has potential if the stories were writen and developed properly. The biggest problem is the writers are crap and lack general cop on.

RTE could actually make money from a soap by selling it abroad if it was any good. It's a long way off that at the moment though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Juliet must've opened the last 6 or 7 episodes.

• Advertisement

Yep, Dean, Julliete and Mairead in their acting pod..... again... twice

Why is Sash soo angry all the time? She only works in the pub, what the feck does it matter to her who owns the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Why is Sash such a dipshit? She said "people will be asking questions of me" to Dolores. What people? Nobody except Sash, Tommy and Gwen knew there was a secret investor so who else was going to asking her about it.

Also not to be ageist but if a man of Cass' age could clearly overhear Dolly and Sash talking from the other side of McCoys then every secret discussed in there should be common knowledge to any young person with better hearing.

Has Carol given up her vendetta against James? There's been no sign of her for ages, it'll be bizarre if turns up again roaring and shouting about it after weeks of peace and quiet in McCoys.

Dean got over Derbhala the love of his life mighty quick 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bridget Clarke

Maybe the cutbacks in RTE might shake FC up a bit. Instead of actors, they could have those Trumpton- like characters. (Wooden and one dimensional. Sure, who’d notice?).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think FC will definitely be under scrutiny especially after what we heard a few weeks ago paying a photographer was it something like 60 k a year to take a few photos

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When did Mairead and Juliet become best buddies, they seem to be joined at the hip these days.

I was just thinking that, "it's me livelihood"

Just makes the fact she was a work from home office manager, for a week last month all the funnier

It's like they plot out the roles in a Venn diagram

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Dean saying he is going to take it slow with Van girl..yep that should happen alright, by Thursday the identity of van girl will be known (Fergal most likely) might get beaten up or something by Friday. Back to his Van by Sunday. Our trio of 'friends' all back to the holding shed until January..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭con747

I said it before and will say it again, I am really really struggling to watch this for a long time now. There is absolutely no sense to any story lines or characters and the constant missing people who have an interest in story lines is beyond belief. If the new shake up gets rid of about 10+ no reason to be there actors it might have a chance if they can just fire the kindergarten script writers and at least hire primary school writers. Why the fcuk do they think Gwen is worthy of a constant in your face, number 1 on the sacked list.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

So is Pete minding Nono or not? He said he wasn't and gave short notice but then he spoke to Dolores about taking her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

If there's going to be a shake up in RTE then by god FC needs a massive rattling!🤔

Totally agree - The investor story is another storyline that doesnt make sense. Sash doesnt own the pub so why should she care so much who the investor is. Last week she thought it must be a criminal so she should be over the moon its Dolly. Also if herself and Dolly are going to have a 'secret' meeting to talk about McCoys then McCoys is the worst place to have that meeting!

Part of the reason Zac left was this secret investor - now that the secret investor is revealed to be Dolly and the kidnapping story seems to be completely forgot about - Why is he on the run??

I bet we are in for weeks of Pete being annoyed with Dolly when he finds out. The way shes spending she probably wont be able to afford to bring him on a cruise that hes banging on constantly about and he will be FUMING 😂

Writers - Carol should have been the secret investor not Dolly

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I think zac is on the run cause of carols kidnapping, did he not skip bail?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

is there some reason why Dolly is hiding the investment from Pete?

that creche in Carrington seems to be very flexible, parents seem to be able to change their hours on a whim.

that Mairead, Juliette, Dean trio is just daft. the way Mairead is going on like she is way older than the others, Dean is closer in age to Mairead then he is to Juliette.

I remember him being interviewed but dont think they found anything to link him to it other than Carols hunch. I dont remember anything about him being on Bail but I could have missed it. In fair city land if there was evidence he done it they would lock him up straight away 😂. I remember something about a page printed on James printer where Zac was trying to frame James but it seems to have went nowhere. Carol was looking for Bo but again we heard nothing about this since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

They found Robbie’s diamond in his back pack

Sash would have been better off with a gang leader than Delores as the co owner.

• Advertisement

At least there'd be no drama out of them 😂😂

Advertisement