Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General labourer

• 13-11-2023 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi

I’m looking at getting a handy doing some renovation work.

I’ll be doing the stripping out myself and looking for a hand filling a skip and lifting of plaster boards etc.

what would be a decent rate per hr or or day these days for a general labourer ??

There will be about 5-7 days of work and will be cash in hand payment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Toby22

Depends on where you are based to be honest. Partner has given up on labourers in Dublin, €250 cash in hand daily asking rate. When he is working outside of Dublin it’s €120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Madd002

look for a couple hardy teenagers 2 exactly they'll try outdo each other and be glad of the cash 80 a day each so you might get it done in 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Madd002

My hubby has given up trying to get anyone full stop, they not great outside of Dublin either. No young lads wanna work, when mammy is still buying them their clothes/phones and giving them pocket money large amounts to go out at wkends. When we were young we had to get a job to pay for all this as our parents just didn't have it, there's no grafting in young ones anymore they have everything they need at their fingertips and will live with mammy till they in their 30's or 40's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Similar prices been quoted all right based in Dublin City.

I might try an agency too see what figure they give.

Advertisement