Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower & Central Heating on Same Circuit - RCD Switch Tripping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

If he can't narrow it down to anything

Test and replace RCD , IR and Leakage checks .

Fitting RCBOs will narrow it down to 1 circuit if there was comeback later

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

A quick update

Immersion is off ,checked to make sure.

Had timers for two lamps took these out.

The daughter had two chargers but not full pushed into sockets, could it be these?

Did not trip last night since I did these two things.

Thanks for all the quick responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Funny you mention chargers not fully inserted - I had multiple RCD trips 2 years ago and at the time I also located a loose charger which arced slightly when I touched it. So I removed it from the socket and lo and behold the RCD trips went away... until a week later... and then tripped again during a heavy shower. It was only then did I locate a blocked gutter and an outdoor socket under it which was absolutely filled with rain. Loose charger was false flag! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Hopefully it was these as we do a large outdoor light display for the festive season, so hopefully it's fixed by doing the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

It won't be the lamps or the chargers

• Advertisement
Advertisement