Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's like they have their full beams on. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Getting absolutely rode in work, and not in the sexy meaning of the word.

Essentially given a day's notice about having to cover a brand new delivery route (whilst simultaneously continuing to deliver on my current route), with only half a day's training done on it beforehand. In the lead-up to Christmas, when day's melt into each other and it's manic busy.

And I'd have to beg for an evening off, nevermind a day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

When management can't help with the work, don't know how to help or manage, and don't remove the obstacles that are blocking everyone time and time again. Instead they prioritise the stuff that will make them achieve their bonus. Useless and selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I tell management about a developing problem and they ignore it.

Problem becomes bigger and bigger and they still do nothing.

To avoid admitting that I was right, they ask a colleague on the qt to help fix it instead. FFS feels like I'm working with children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My house is close to a corner in my square-shaped estate so there is a row of houses perpendicular to me. Cars often park in front of those 'perpendicular' houses (two in particular), facing my sitting-room, with their lights on full, and they seem to be parked for ages! The cars are 50 metres away but why do they still have their lights on?

If you're visiting people, turn your lights off and go into the house. If you aren't going into the house for whatever reason and you're just having a chat in the car, you can still turn off your headlights! I can live with it if it's only a minute or two, but this can be 20 to 30 minutes.

It's not too bad at this time of the year when I'm more likely to have the curtains drawn earlier, but I shouldn't have to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That afternoon telly is full of Christmas ads this last while

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For no reason I can identify, I've been horribly homesick lately(after 10 years of living here) that feeling is showing it self physically now.

If they start showing that spar ad with the lit-up buoys, I may need to be hospitalised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My hat blew off earlier and I had to chase it down Dawson St like someone had it on a string and was giving it a good yank every time I almost got to it. I'm sure I gave everyone waiting on the Luas a good laugh, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

" ... supporting artists, supporting us".

Balls.

This nonsense was wheeled out during the pandemic to make it sound like every artist was trying to save us all.

Artists aren't in it to support me or you. They are in it to make money, no other reason. They don't care about supporting me.

• Advertisement

I used to play a game wordjam . But must have hit a button which makes it autofill letters . I googled it but all I get is Microsoft shtte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Coming home from town before 9pm there and there was a protest on O'Connell St. Bus stuck for ages behind them. Really pissed me off. They were protesting over Gaza.

Bored and turned on a fim , Terminator, Dark Fate . A couple of 60+ year old Linda and Arnie running around like they could actually do anything.

That sounds like the start of some rom com movie.

That sounds like the start of some rom com movie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This time of the morning is just wrong. Someone hook me up to coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If I'm inconvenienced in any way by protestors they immediately lose any support I may have had for their cause.

Especially if I'm trying to get home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

And the govt here are supposed to do what exactly to stop an on/off fight dating back hundreds if not thousands of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

In my neck of the woods, all those lads fighting the good fight for Palestine look like the kind of people who'd be on a sex offender registry.

Let's not mention the fact that the poor aul Palestinians and Hamas fund terrorism in Europe.

Women and children bombed at Ariana Grande concerts and gays getting decapitated but now they want sympathy when they get some of it back?

• the palenstine and Israeli conflict is the diametric opposite of trivial and to that end discussion on the subject stops here.

Please keep the commentary to the CA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Getting really trivial here. Drove into town and saw that the council had had a street sweeper lorry drive around the road to clean up the leaves in the gutters. How did I know they had done this? No not because the gutters were clean but because the leaves had been flattened into the gutters and spread out evenly along them. On my way back home I spotted the sweeper lorry with a trail of leaves behind him in the gutter.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I'm going to have to start walking everywhere. I'm not able for the twats blasting their phones on speaker on the bus anymore.

Earphones have saved me from grinding my teeth to dust

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m trying to find a decorative mirror for the sitting room, something nice, slightly decorative, unique, tasteful and arty for a rather blank space on the wall… but after googling the fück out of every homeware, arty furniture and home accessories retailer in north Dublin, I’ve not found anything that takes my attention….

everything looks cheap, gaudy, plastic and extremely uneasy on the eye…. Whilst at the same time not being inexpensive either in many cases….

visiting one shop in person later, hopefully something catches my eye in person… 😏

I woke up at 3 o’clock pm . Either I’m awake all night or the tablets knock me out for 12 hours 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Another delivery TA today.

Got a message to say item delivered at 9:30am.

Get home can't find delivery anywhere.

Ring courier and they say driver thinks he left it behind pier at front gate and have I tried the neighbours pier

So check all 6 houses in my row and still nothing.

Couple of hours later I bump into a neighbour with the same surname as me so I just ask them by any chance did they get a parcel for me.

They say no but strangely another neighbour rang them saying there was a parcel left at their door for them.

They said strange as they weren't expecting anything and then said maybe it's for you.

So we both call to the neighbour that had a parcel and sure enough it was mine.

F*cking rigamarole 🙄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement