Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Other jobs are available.

Jessica Maciel seems happy out running that tattoo shop with her husband for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I doubt she'll be stuck for a job. Her personal happiness is obviously worth more to her.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

She was single when she started the lunch time slot. Got herself a fella in Galway and then her priorities changes. I really hope she didn’t throw away a slot on TodayFM for love, that could end up blowing up in her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

How do you know her priorities changed when she got a fella? How do you know it's not a decision she's been contemplating a while now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don’t know I’m speculating like everyone can only do as no reason was given. 👍🏻

• Advertisement

And no reason is owed. She's a private citizen, not a public servant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does anyone know who the one is doing the entertainment slot on The Breakfast Show this week instead of Shona? She was on a few weeks back too, she's great craic on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Shannon, not sure of her second name.

Used to like Paula but maybe I'm getting old but she's hard on the ears now. Very loud and hyper. She told us about her big news last night, all excited.

She got a new office chair and finished it with 'hope you liked my news'. Id say 90 per cent of the listeners couldn't give a **** about her new chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,915 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Different strokes etc. After hearing her a few times I turn over from that slot now and sometimes forget to turn back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,917 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I like Pamela Joyce, shame to see her go.

Ray Foley & Dec Pierce were doing photoshoots recently, so maybe there is a line up change coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Spin recently had the photos updated on their website so it be Bauer are updating all the stations photos.

The JNLR results for the period October ’22 – September ’23 have been released, and they show that the station has a weekly reach figure of 959,000 (+21,000 BoB) of Irish adults.

Dave Moore (9:00-12:00) has celebrated an all-time high of 227,000 listeners (+11,000 BoB), overtaking The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show as Today FM’s biggest show.

The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show (6:00-9:00) has 225,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings (+4,000 BoB).

Pamela Joyce (12:00-14:00), who recently announced her departure from the station, achieved an audience of 142,000 (-3,000 BoB).

Ray Foley (14:00-16:30) now has a listenership of 164,000 (-9,000 BoB).

The Last Word with Matt Cooper (16:30-19:00) has celebrated a boost in listenership to 182,000 (+7,000 BoB).

Weekends on Today FM are led by Weekend Breakfast with Alison Curtis, which now reaches a Saturday morning audience of 192,000 (+7,000 BoB) and a Sunday audience of 166,000 (+9,000 BoB).

Big gain for Dave Moore but big drop for Foley. Having Foley cover for Dempsey so much must be hurting his figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

What's "BoB"?

I have figures for July '21 to June '22, and the figures aren't that much of a change - in fact, Foley goes up from then from 143,000 to 164,000 - in fact, all the daytime shows have an increase over the June '22 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 5hunderball

It's almost as bad as his last 9 months or so on the Blast in 2006, when he'd be off almost every other week covering another show from AM Kelly at 5am to Phil Cawley in the afternoon and everything in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I hope it's not Louise Cantilon, she keeps forgetting to turn her mic off when she's prerecording bits for her weekend shows, or listening to Whatsapp messages

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

Really starting to doubt the veracity of the JNLR figures, how is it that almost everyone is up? Dave Moore lost Dermot and suddenly he gains 11,000 listeners. Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Neg10

Tbf it takes approx a year to see results of a change like Dermot leaving. The figures are calculated over a longer period. I do have my own doubts about the system, but that’s not one of them.

• Advertisement

These ratings include the final weeks of Dermot still being there so it won’t show if there’s been a drop-off in listeners. The next book will be his first full one without Dermot but as Neg10 said, it takes a year to really see if it’s working or not.

I'm convinced Bauer don't take heed of JNLR and instead see how many Cash Machine texts it gets each hour.

Jebus. Ed just said his Sunday evening show's JNLR numbers doubled! Considering the new show isn't a patch on Songs of Praise, all I can do is be glad for him...

I do find it weird, though, how the full JNLRs can't be accessed by Joe Public. All you get is whatever the press report, or a station/presenter says themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It sounds like Dara Quilty is Pam's replacement. He doesn't sound like he's "filling in" like he usually does but rather doing his own new show.

Or at least it seems like its his seat to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He was looking for jingle type things today alright and I thought that you wouldn't be doing that if you were temporary

The lead up to Christmas isn’t a great time to launch a new show so they’re possibly waiting until January and it’ll be Dara Quilty or a rotation of people covering until then. It was the same thing with Mairead Ronan where she quit around this time of year and they announced Pamela Joyce as taking over the slot in the new year.

It's Quilty. And... I just switched off. It's not funny saying the same thing over and over and playing the same sound effect over and over, but Dara must have gone to the Ray and JP school of being annoying on the radio, and 20 "camera shutters" in a row was 18 too many. I'll be Today FM-less now from 12 until 4.30.

(And it very nearly got switched off yesterday evening when I heard the third or fourth repeat of Ray's only hilarious anecdote about not getting an endoscopy. Oh, how I chortled...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

There was a funny bit on Dara's show today. One of the voiceovers said "Dara Quilty...at least it's not Ray D'arcy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Maybe he went to the Dermot and Dave school of how to be annoying and repetitive. Does he keep laughing like a hyena at his own jokes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

I know it's probably not just Today FM doing it but the number of Christmas songs being played at this stage is a bit ridiculous.

Advertisement