Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Woke Society? **Mod Warning In Post #435**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

My grand parents had 7 children on one side and 9 on the other.

My 4 grandparents because they had so many children were responsible for 49 children being born in the next 2 generations (children and grandchildren), that should have been 12 if everyone only had a couple of children.My grandparents by having so many children were irresponsible aswell.

Europeans need to stop having more children now (and they largely have) because there are far too many people in Europe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I agree they shouldn't be allowed. But if they are, it isn't cheating.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

"Woke" can't be defined so "anti wokester" can't be defined so.... but yeah you are both "Woke" and an "anti Wokester"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yeah. Indeed. Abortions for Black Africans but not White Europeans. Indeed. More hypocrisy showing that "woke" is "anti woke" which is "woke"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Again it's the "anti woke" crowd being "woke" in order to be "anti woke"

Terry Pratchet

Exactly. One minute you are "woke" going on about women's rights. The next you are "anti woke" insulting women.

Terry Pratchet

Where have I insulted women.

I'd argue not wanting women to be lumbered with a child they don't want is not being anti women.

Talking about children being "dragged up" is insulting and misogynist. Talking about children as objects that are lumbered is also pretty insulting too.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

It's about a half percent of the British population that are refugees. Helping vulnerable people escaping atrocities is not a major contributor to global warming.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that is what life is like for a lot of children around the world and their parents, mothers in particular. Wouldn't it be much kinder if women were encouraged to have fewer children so they could have more to their lives other than looking after children and the children themselves could have a better life with their parents resources not being spread so as thinly.

The lack of proper feminism and viewing a woman's role as largely a carer for children has held back a large proportion of the world countries.I don't think its a coincidence that Ireland massively improved as a country when women were given more rights and opportunities and contraception was made available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More misogyny. Having children is a two-person game. Men are just as responsible as women for having children.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

You'll find with some environmental concerns are in reality non existent and really just used to advance anti migrant/anti refugee stances. Deeply cynical.

Terry Pratchet

Everything the right says is disposable. Everything.

Really?

It's misogynistic to be against the view that still exists in a lot of countries that women should have numerous children and should be responsible for looking after them at the expense of all other things.

That's a really odd version of misogyny .

I didn't realise women were reproducing asexually. When did this start?

What a childish stupid response that is.

I was criticizing some society's with a backward view of women which holds women back from having more from life than just being mothers.

You weren't. You were blaming women and women exclusively. As usual, men are never to blame.

Well considering that men have probably an overwhelming amount of control in countries with backdated view like this I would suggest that the blame for men is obvious enough.

Just accept you got it wrong and move on.

Endometriosis Is not A Gynecological condition say founder of endometriosis charity.

Hilarious and at the same time really worrying that a charity set up for helping women who suffer with a health condition does not even understand the condition their charity deals with.This charity should just be shut down for blatantly not having a clue about what it is trying to help and with the statement made by it's founder and ceo in recent days it's clear it was just being set up to . Tolerance of this sort of nonsense is what Wokeness has given the world in recent years where biological reality is ignored in order to make transgender people feel included.

• Advertisement

Nope. You laid the blame entirely at women and proceeded to move the goalposts when called out on it.

Just accept you got it wrong and move on. Or don't, it's up to you but since you can't even define woke and are now just spouting baseless misogyny, let's just leave it there.

I've explained woke earlier in the thread, you just didn't want to accept it.Which is fine.I don't care.

The fact that someone as childish and arrogant as yourself is a moderator on boards probably helps explain why the place has become such a sh1tshow in recent times.

Did you actually read it? While incredibly rare endometriosis, can and has appeared in men. 29 as specified in the article and not trans men before you implode. Sounds more like she thinks the research should potentially be approached from different angles which mightn't be incorrect. I say this as a person with more than one inflammatory condition, one of which rarely occurs in white men.

It almost never occurs in men and if it does is generally caused by estrogen (the female hormone) contained in treatments used for the treating of prostate cancer.

The charity above are just another example of trying to pretend men and women are interchangeable and get rid of biological sex as a real thing.

Anyone with half a brain can see that but as usual just pick a tiny tiny extreme case and try to make people think this is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭89897

Endometriosis can and does occur in men and not just trans men and along with that it can and does happen around organs that arent just sex organs. So why wouldnt the founder and ceo of a endometriosis charity want the understanding of it widened. It would be wrong of them not to.

Or did you just see something you didnt fully read or understand and jump to conclusions. Something 'woke' aims to stop. You made this a trans issue not the person in the article.

The problem with misogyny is so many dont even realise they're being misogynistic and then double down on the misogyny such as your posts above. You clearly called out women and not men.

The rare cases of it appearing in a different sex could very much so improve knowledge of it. But sure make it a trans issue rather than a new perspective that could very much so be relevant.

Please point out specifically where I called out women specifically for any problems in society?

Not wanting women to have excessive numbers of children is not calling out women, its the opposite I'd argue as having fewer children leads to women having a better chance at having a good life.Generally counties where women have excessive numbers of children have more old fashioned sexist treatment of women, so being opposed to this is hardly misogyny if anything it's the exact opposite.Problem is you decided to jump to conclusions rather than take time and consider what was being said.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

“Anyone with half a brain can see that”

Well, luckily those of us with a full brain tend to think more critically instead of being outraged by headlines.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If there are any theo von fans here you must be aware of the peleton incident 😂😂

The greatest reverse cancel ever 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭bloopy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement