Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

The icon for ID software on the Home Screen reads 3.1 software version.

The smaller display panel behind the steering does display the journey consumption beside the speedometer.

Again, the dealer told me that the software icon on the Home Screen won’t read 3.2 till the next OTA update is released by VW.

This seems a bit odd to me and I’m wondering is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Isn't 3.2 just a small OTA update?

No has to be done preferably in workshop due to older ID.4’s being bricked while OTA updates being carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

is consumption shown to the right of your speed on the binnacle?

The car is currently in the dealers so I cannot be 100% sure but I have a feeling it’s to the left of the speedometer along with other consumption data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

This was my experience. I got a vehicle wallet update (and a few other things) OTA prompt shortly after I got my "3.2" update which only showed as 3.1.0 in the infotainment. Once I updated that I was on 3.2 the next day

This is what both my displays look like. I was told the 3.2 update was done a couple of months ago when it was first released but the infotainment system ID software icon is still reading software version 3.1

I don’t know what’s going on with my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Did you renew all your info using the method from the id3 page and selected all the shop options ?

Once I did that 3.2 came in ota (it was 3.1 dealer updated before that)

No as I can no longer access/ login to the shop since they did the update!

I was unaware of any procedure from the ID.3 page that needed to be carried out also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Didn’t somebody else a few pages back have the same issue ? The id3 forum page number is linked there I think- I’m in the same boat-

Have a look at the id3 pages for my request for help, @coward listed all the steps you need to follow. From about 2/3 weeks ago.

You need to set up your vw id account again, also log in vw account on a (wait for it) laptop, here you can purchase the free items in the shop, they are then pushed out over the air.

Im guessing, like me you expected the car to work when you picked it up from the update. But everything was wiped, nobody told me this, they then tried to frisk me €350 for a parking sensor and when I said no €108 for the diagnosis 🤣, the app no longer worked and the first charge only gave 350km, 100km less than before. I did get a battery module replaced under warranty. Range has comeback. after good advice here to run it down to 2% and back up to 100%.

I still don’t have timed charging and car is back with vw, follow the saga on the id3 page- day 36 now in a loaner Born.

Thanks for the heads up I wasn’t aware of any of this. You’d think the dealer would at least mention this to anyone who gets the 3.2 update. I even queried it with the diagnostics guy and he didn’t bother to mention it!!!!

Desperate customer service.

I’ll rewind a few pages on the forum and try to go through the steps to finally get the 3.2 update finished.

Thanks guys 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭fafy

was the ID5, 75 k originallly ? Its on October 23rd pricelist starting st €58k ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Bit mad to consider an id5 was almost twice the price of an id3. Same number of wheels and seats, same software, more or less same platform, similar interior....profit margins must be very high on them. I suppose that's always been the business model, cheaper cars are for brand visibility and try get them into expensive bigger profitable models as the buyers income progresses .

Bigger battery in fairness accounts for some of the difference but not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,098 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Those profit margins have back fired a bit on the "people's car".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭fafy

Not quite, The ID5 around 8k more than an ID3 Tour, similar range, one is way smaller and only has 4 seats, and a smaller screen, Id5 has LED lights as standard, for ID3’s thats over 2k extra

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

The new ID.4 product guide is available for download on vw website. ID.4 with updated screen and a new 286 np motor and a “77 kWh” battery starts at €55280. If you want a reversing camera - please add assistant packet with keyless entry, park assist, alarm, tinted rear windows for €1705. If you want navigation and wireless charging - no problem, add another €1470. Electric seats - €1410. Matrix LED - another €2490 (they are great though). Sunroof and acoustic glass - pay another €1050. All in - €63405. For comparison MY RWD with a 60kWh battery and 300hp is €48k. Apart from a smaller battery, non adaptive Matrix LEDs, lack of park assist and massage in the electric seats it has everything else listed above and more as standard (heat pump, electric tailgate, ACC with late centre assist, 5 heated seats, 13 speaker sound system, no service intervals ). MY LR has a 75kWh battery and AWD, 5s to 100kph, 250kW charging speed - €55440. I’m not even talking about the VW app vs Tesla app etc. The new motor, new hardware is a step in the right direction but the overall price for the car is off the wall. So apart from an occasional 0% PCP how can VW compete with Tesla?

Just checked the GTX with a “340 np” AWD. Starts at €66545. Still needs packages for the reversing camera, navigation, electric (sport) seats, sunroof etc. Approx 8k ( does add sport seats). So 74.5k all in or €19k more than faster MY LR or €9k more than MY performance at €65.5k. Hmmm…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

The only ID.4 that was good value was the 1st edition and that it is still the case on the used market. They’ll still manage to sell them in decent numbers because they have a dealer network, take trade-ins and will push sales with 0% finance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Got an OTA today, something to do with setting up Paypal for shop purchases...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have that too

Any word on the rumoured price cuts that VW were meant to release today Nov 16th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

0% should be gone when the price cuts come in. 4.9% is the new figure, but, it may be delayed as they didn’t shift their stock they had hoped for!

It was a good sized car for the money but with such limited range, it just didn’t sell in Ireland. Used versions hard to shift too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 galway111

Hi all,

We have a 2022 ID4 which ran and charged all very smoothly up to now. It went into the garage a fortnight back for the annual service and the software upgrade that was mentioned above and since we got it home it will not charge using the Ohme charger we have or at least at the scheduled time.

I'll outline what happens as its quite convoluted. My charging schedule is set via the Ohme 11pm to 8am and previously when I plugged it in before this time the car white charging light would come on, the charger would lock, the car would make a click sound and the display would come on and say "charging cancelled" and it would wait until 11pm to start charging. All fine no issues.

However now since we brought it back from the service when we plug it in, no charging white light comes on, no click noise from car, no display on. The display and charging light only come on if you open the car door as if you are getting out or in.

However at the scheduled time of 11pm the Ohme charger comes on as if its sending charge, no charging light on car but the car draws 0.0kW but is going through the charging schedule set by the Ohme. However if I plug out the Ohme then and plug it into the car after 11pm, the green charging light comes on, the click noise happens, the display comes on and the car charges perfectly up to the required 80%. All very annoying as its means I can only charge the car at present if I stay up after 11pm.

Contacted Ohme and they said its like the Ohme is sending the instruction to the car but the car blocks it. Rang the main dealer and they took it in checked the software, said it was fine but when we brought it home , the same issue again.

Any thoughts on what's gone wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liam2021

I did have this issue after getting the update, it looks like the car is in deep sleep and won't wake up when charge kicks in from the charger. I changed the times on the charger (eo mini pro) to charge all the time. Set the preferred charging times on the car which worked. Car would start charging at 11pm and finish at 8 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Annual service? It doesn't need an annual service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 galway111

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If your garage told you it needs a yearly check, they're full of crap - it's only every two years.

Advertisement