Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭smurfette2212

Just got notification that I have been placed in Dept. of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Has anyone any experience of this department? New to CS, so really haven't a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

Were you waiting long after vetting to get your department?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sdsdsd25

I'm interviewing for an EO position through the separate competition at DCEDIY, but I've just got good results back from the AO General competition. If I accept a job (hypothetically) as EO at DCEDIY in the next month or two, does anyone know that precludes me from continuing with the AO competition? I'd prefer the AO role but it will probably take way longer to come down the pipeline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Got my assignment this week - very happy!

To give an idea of timeline from issuing of initial assessment results:

OOM: low-ish 200s

Interview: early Oct

Interview results - can't remember - maybe Oct 10?

Request for educational results: late October

Request for supplementary documentation (proof of address, referee contact details, etc): late Oct (I see this was via my email address, not PAS messages). Note: run-around time on this was quite tight - if you can have your passport, a recent utility bill, etc, already scanned and filed somewhere safe, you'll be doing yourself a favour.

Also in late October (within hours of submitting the docs, above) - and upon request - I submitted my old addresses for garda vetting (I turned the form around in 24 hours)

Garda vetting took 6 business days

Nov 8: I was asked if my referee could be contacted

1 day after my referee returned forms, I got a msg from PAS with my assigned department (and location, which I wasn't expecting)

A few hours later, I got an email (not via PAS messages) from HR in assigned dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NHilton93

Does anyone know where they currently are at the moment on calling for interviews?

Open and interdepartmental and if there are two interviews for these or are they done together?

Thanks!

Sounds like it must be a delay with my references as others seem to be moving a bit more quickly. Assume I will need to follow up with them or would they follow up with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

No, it doesn't preclude you from the AO competition. EO to AO is a promotion, even though the starting wage is similar for both. Best of luck with both competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lauwer

I'm in the exact same situation! Good luck with both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Passed the interview- have gone from Open Stream OOM 323 to 30 haha.

So....what happens next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 HBpencil

I’m so shocked. Passed and down to top 10 now. Really can not believe it after how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭vatsie76

Hi folks , any update on the OOM reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Madrapower67

Just got the results from the interview and I passed really in shock as I felt the interview didn't go well, went from OOM Open Stream 341 to 21 so I'm absolutely delighted.

Does anyone know if everyone from batch 2 has been assigned a position?

I haven't been assigned anything and I am from Batch 2. Heard nothing since vetting completed on Nov 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭vatsie76

Just got response from PAS, they are still at open OOM 395 / Interdepartmental 140

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ReillyMcGee

"I haven't been assigned anything and I am from Batch 2. Heard nothing since vetting completed on Nov 8th"

Do you mind letting me know what your OOM was after the interview? I just passed the interview today with OOM in the top 10 batch 3 so trying not to get my hopes up that I will be placed soon 🙃

Post edited by ReillyMcGee on

. Duplicate sorry!

I was in the 40s after interview but think others around that are already getting placed so think some delay with my references maybe.

How long of a notice period are you given before your start in your department?

I ask this because the minute I get a reference from my current manager they will want my 4 week notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePenultimateWarrior

Hi, I think you should probably reach out and check in with them to see if your references are holding things up. My Garda Vetting was completed on November 10th, and I just found out today that I'm being assigned to the DSP. I was OOM 80 after my interview. So if you haven't been contacted yet, there might be some kind of holdup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 M1ntyPyth0n

I was advised only Tuesday of a form needing to be resubmitted for Garda Vetting and entered the process yesterday. Wish it was flagged earlier or I had asked for an update, my references were all back but the vetting process will probably be the last thing before assignment.

I was OOM 52

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

They've asked for proof of my education, so I emailed a pic of my degree. Reckon that's enough?

Should I be notifying my references?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

I’m from batch 2 OOM and I’m starting in my department in a week

They mailed late yesterday to ask could they start the reference checks so mist have just taken a week or so yo get around to checking the vetting results

That's great. You shouldn't be much longer then. Hopefully you'll hear back regarding which department you've been assigned to by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

All those that have been allocated to DSP, anyone get assigned to the activation department ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

My Garda Vetting has been completed and viewed, so just wondering how long people were waiting between the Vetting being cleared and an official offer?

My Garda Vetting was completed on Friday November 10th. I was told which department I was being assigned to yesterday. So, you'll probably hear back within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

No you wouldnt be precluded as open competions but definately consider the EO to HEO promotion route if possible as you cannot go from AO to HEO

Advertisement